Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Black Friday VPN Deals 2017

Options
  • 22-11-2017 1:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11

As Black Friday brings amazing VPN Deals and discounts offers - I found an amazing offer on Black Friday VPN Deals (upto 87% off)
    [font=Montserrat, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Avial the best offer and enjoy breathtaking internet experience with top-notch security and freedom.[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭funnyname

Is there any one that works better when setting up with a router or a gigabit switch if that's possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

The PureVpn offer of $1.33 a month for 5 years is tempting ($79)

but if you want a static i.p which I would like so to have the service running on my ASUS router and for DDNS reason then its an extra $119.40

So its $79 + $119.40 = $198.40 for 5 yrs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Dylan_Cooper

The PureVpn offer of $1.33 a month for 5 years is tempting ($79)

but if you want a static i.p which I would like so to have the service running on my ASUS router and for DDNS reason then its an extra $119.40

So its $79 + $119.40 = $198.40 for 5 yrs

Yes, Extra cost for extra feature, If you want dedicated IP (which lie other than PureVPN normal plan), so you have to  pay more for more features and benefits, other than that 5 Years Black Friday VPN normal plan is $79 for 5 years @ $1.33/month
    PureVPN normal plan doesn't allow dedicated IP as well but they are offering 87% off on this Black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

I went for PureVPn deal but then found out that StackSocial website has a lifetime subscription option for $59.99. If you use the code BFRIDAY20 it comes down to $48. The code can be used for anything sitewide, says for a limited time but couldn't find any info on when it does expire...

https://stacksocial.com/sales/lifetime-of-purevpn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

cyberghost are doing 3 years for €99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

sk282 wrote: »
    I went for PureVPn deal but then found out that StackSocial website has a lifetime subscription option for $59.99. If you use the code BFRIDAY20 it comes down to $48. The code can be used for anything sitewide, says for a limited time but couldn't find any info on when it does expire...

https://stacksocial.com/sales/lifetime-of-purevpn

I asked the live chat on PureVpn about this offer...here is their reply..

"It is, In the tech industry, lifetime refers to the life cycle of a software, which is typically 5 years. So, this is the reason why our affiliates are offering the deal for 5 years and calling it a lifetime offer"

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

I asked the live chat on PureVpn about this offer...here is their reply..

"It is, In the tech industry, lifetime refers to the life cycle of a software, which is typically 5 years. So, this is the reason why our affiliates are offering the deal for 5 years and calling it a lifetime offer"

It is cheaper than the price they have on their website anyway and when I told their customer services that I found a better deal for lifetime subscription and want to cancel, they offered to switch my account to lifetime... And this is what it says after activating it through StackSocial:

Your initial subscription term is for 5 years At the conclusion of your 5-year term, please contact support@stackcommerce.com to renew for an additional 5 years completely free-of-charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 avnow

Hey Dylan,
    I found the Pure Offer quite appealing but your information is not up to date, I have checked myself the discount is 89% and the price is cut down to 1.17/mo please confirm!

avnow wrote: »
    Hey Dylan,
    I found the Pure Offer quite appealing but your information is not up to date, I have checked myself the discount is 89% and the price is cut down to 1.17/mo please confirm!
    @avnow Totallly agree with you. PureVPN revised their offer from $1.33/month for 5 years to $1.17/month for 5 years, This is the maximum offer and they are giving for 5 years and offering discounts upto 89% now!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

GetFlix promo code MEGA70 gives 2 years for $35.

The most worthfull deal so far is PureVPN 5 years subscription deal @1.17/month for 5 years total cost is $69.90

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The most worthfull deal so far is PureVPN 5 years subscription deal @1.17/month for 5 years total cost is $69.90

Is Pure VPN reliable? I onlys tated using a VPN (Express VPN) and, while it is excellent, is 13 a month :D

Yes, PureVPN is pretty much reliable. Infact i just saw that so many review sites put PureVPN in the list of Top 5 Premium Providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

https://deals.androidauthority.com/search?cat=477&query=VPN

Lots of different offers there. PIA for $60 for 2 years is pretty good, not the BS "lifetime" guarantees the other, lesser VPN services try offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I would avoid pureVPN like the plague. It has a huge problem with IP address leaks and if you look at any VPN review site you will see loads of fake testimonials for them in the comments.They have also given log files to the FBI.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

ElNino wrote: »
    I would avoid pureVPN like the plague. It has a huge problem with IP address leaks and if you look at any VPN review site you will see loads of fake testimonials for them in the comments.They have also given log files to the FBI.

This.

Most of the reviews on the vpn review sites are fake and full of affiliate links.

Its also well know that purevpn will hand over logs to authorities if requested even though they claim to not keep any logs.

If you want real privacy from a vpn provider, I would recommend nordvpn who operate out of Panama which has no data retention laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

NordVPN are doing 77% OFF, 3 years for $99.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

BlackVPN is doing a 50% off sale (being using them for 5+ years now with no issues) until Monday. They are based out of Hong Kong, you can have up to 7 simultaneous connections, and they don't keep any logs.

They also provide guides with scripts and config files for setting up on a router (OpenVPN, dd-wrt, Openwrt, pfsense etc.).

Couple of different packages on offer, but cheapest is annual Privacy package (servers in 16 countries) which is now down to €24.50 for the year, plus if you want to buy more, they say they will add the time on to the end of your existing time, so e.g. 5 years would be less than €125.

C.

colhickey wrote: »
    BlackVPN is doing a 50% off sale (being using them for 5+ years now with no issues) until Monday. They are based out of Hong Kong, you can have up to 7 simultaneous connections, and they don't keep any logs.

They also provide guides with scripts and config files for setting up on a router (OpenVPN, dd-wrt, Openwrt, pfsense etc.).

Couple of different packages on offer, but cheapest is annual Privacy package (servers in 16 countries) which is now down to €24.50 for the year, plus if you want to buy more, they say they will add the time on to the end of your existing time, so e.g. 5 years would be less than €125.

C.

does that mean that 7 people could use it under same login?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

ibvpn have 69% discount.

I am on the Ultimate plan (there are cheaper plans)

€35 for the year which includes:

5 Connections, SmartDNS & Socks5 etc.

https://www.ibvpn.com/plans-vpn-smartdns-proxy/

Comes witha free 2018 1 year license of Bitdefender Total Security

Been with them 2 years and no complaints. They even have an Android TV app.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

glasso wrote: »
    does that mean that 7 people could use it under same login?

It looks so, as their features page states:

7 Simultaneous connections. Get one account and secure your whole household.

Though I would have assumed that this is so that family members can have their devices (computers, phones etc.) secured also under the one account.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

PC World best VPN services of 2017 recommends NordVPN, PureVPN, Private Internet Access VPN and VPN Unlimited.

http://uk.pcmag.com/software/138/guide/the-best-vpn-services-of-2017

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

how does the vpn work at home, large family here, with all devices, tablets laptops connected I think could have 9-10 devices connected at a time.

I put the vpn on the router how does the 5 logins work with purevpn?

Or is thing to do to put them on individual devices?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

https://deals.androidauthority.com/search?cat=477&query=VPN

Lots of different offers there. PIA for $60 for 2 years is pretty good, not the BS "lifetime" guarantees the other, lesser VPN services try offer.

I renewed on piano yesterday for 39.95 for one year, I couldn't see the two years on their website. I might cancel that one now.
    Do I buy the two years directly off that tech website?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

For using one of these on a TV box that would have both U.K. servers for iplayer and Spain as well which would folks recommend? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cogotazo

moonboy52 wrote: »
    ibvpn have 69% discount.

I am on the Ultimate plan (there are cheaper plans)

€35 for the year which includes:

5 Connections, SmartDNS & Socks5 etc.

https://www.ibvpn.com/plans-vpn-smartdns-proxy/

Been with them 2 years and no complaints. They even have an Android TV app.

I just ordered a nvidia shield, how is the internet speed affected with their vpn? I recently went with ipvanish and the experience was awful (extremely slow servers) so I had to cancel, and I'm a bit reticent the same could happen again. How is your experience during these 2 years? I'm doubting between ithe bvpn and pia offer. BTW this is my first time with vpn's, so appreciate your advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

moonboy52 wrote: »
    It varies between server and the distance to each server.

I don't use it for downloading just for bypassing

Connected to Manchester in England i am getting 70Mbps / 16Mbps (on Virgin 240Mb/24Mb), which is plenty for my needs.

Connected to Ireland is 105Mbps/20Mbps

SmartDNS works great for catchup, so not much of a performance hit using that.

EDIT: and for those that care, ibvpn is based in Romania, so outside of the 14 eyes remit.
    Ordered a shield too and may need a vpn. Never used a vpn before so may need advice 😃

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Lenny wrote: »
    I renewed on piano yesterday for 39.95 for one year, I couldn't see the two years on their website. I might cancel that one now.
    Do I buy the two years directly off that tech website?
    anoyne help me on above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Went with my usual IPVanish sub. Great deal, something like 58 quid for 2 years!

Advertisement