Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE "paedophile" exposed (Read Admin note post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Every poster commenting on me, is oh so perfect all the time, in every post they make ever, I forgot that.

What is your problem? The thread isn't about you, so stop trolling and jog on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Every poster commenting on me, is oh so perfect all the time, in every post they make ever, I forgot that.
    Not me. I'm a complete fcukwit. Pretty much most of the time.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Seriously give it a rest. You're embarrassing yourself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Sorry, nobody is commenting on you.

You've made outrageous statements about 'men in general' on a thread that's discussing a sick weirdo.

Maybe it's time to give it a night..

RayM wrote: »
    Several times, while watching that video, I had to stop myself from feeling sorry for him. Even though he's entirely the author of his own predicament, it's sort of harrowing to watch someone's life immediately fall apart, to be able to pinpoint the exact moment he knows the game is up, the exact moment he knows his life will never be the same again, the moment it clicks with him that he's going to jail. Horrible, horrible viewing (and yet I watched it in full because I'm a ghoul and it's also very satisfying).

Not sure how I feel about the Paedo Hunters themselves. Yes, I'm glad they're doing what they're doing, but I wish they'd tone the "dirty, dirty bastid" rhetoric down a bit.

It just means your empathetic and is a good quality. You can pity them while utterly condemning them too. The black and white of the internet will not agree but normal discourse will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Wibbs wrote: »
    Not me. I'm a complete fcukwit. Pretty much most of the time.

I haven't commented, but they're right about me being perfect. I also think they're probably just a bit tired and emotional.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Is that the Pakistani guy?? He works for RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Spanish, goto bed, you’ve school in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

Several times, while watching that video, I had to stop myself from feeling sorry for him. Even though he's entirely the author of his own predicament, it's sort of harrowing to watch someone's life immediately fall apart, to be able to pinpoint the exact moment he knows the game is up, the exact moment he knows his life will never be the same again, the moment it clicks with him that he's going to jail. Horrible, horrible viewing (and yet I watched it in full because I'm a ghoul and it's also very satisfying).

Not sure how I feel about the Paedo Hunters themselves. Yes, I'm glad they're doing what they're doing, but I wish they'd tone the "dirty, dirty bastid" rhetoric down a bit.

I felt exactly the same watching the video. I said a couple of times to my bf that I felt a bit sorry for him and he had to remind me that he was intending to rape a child.

I feel incredibly sorry for his loved ones though. People are going to town on his FB page (his real one). Must be very upsetting and confusing for his friends and family to be in this situation. I can't even imagine.

• Advertisement

Help!!!! wrote: »

No he's Irish. Google will give you his name. Not allowed post it here for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Perhaps he should of thought of that prior to making arrangements for meetups with young girls?

I've no sympathy for the cnut at all. Imo he deserves everything he has coming to him courtesy of HMP service ...

As for the DB description- it appears to fit him fairly fairly well ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

No. eusa_silenced.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yea it's actually torturous to watch. There's just something about the visual of seeing someone know they're in the shltter, I couldn't help but almost feel sorry for the dirty bastard. But at the same time he can go to hell.

Fair play and all but yer man was pure annoying as well "Merry Christmas ya filthy animial"...
    Eh..
    I just felt like they were enjoying it a bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

No. eusa_silenced.gif

HAHA watched something similar yesterday guy got caught going to me 13 year old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

That's the danger of speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,383 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Rekop dog wrote: »
    I'd be against entrapment in most forms but when used to catch potential predators such as him it's a very good method and I'm all for it.

I'd be against it myself. Self appointed vigilantes have no role in a civilised society. If the police were mounting an operation to catch people like these, that would be absolutely fine but I would be extremely wary of the motives of any private citizens doing this stuff....I can't help thinking a lot of them are probably scumbags themselves looking for some form of fame or validation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The legal framework here is curious. He's being charged with encouraging a 13-year-old girl to engage in sex. But there is no actual girl, it was a fake account run as a sting. Like, if I see a silhouette in the dark and I stab it with a knife and it turned out to be a mannequin I can't be charged with attempted murder.

He's a scumbag and can rot in a dungeon for all I care, but it's interesting from a legal standpoint that one can be charged with a child sex offence without there being any actual child involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I felt exactly the same watching the video. I said a couple of times to my bf that I felt a bit sorry for him and he had to remind me that he was intending to rape a child.

I feel incredibly sorry for his loved ones though. People are going to town on his FB page (his real one). Must be very upsetting and confusing for his friends and family to be in this situation. I can't even imagine.

I just had a nose at his Facebook page and (this is terrible, but) I burst out laughing because the first thing I saw was a comment calling him "a dirty vermin bastard" and then underneath that there's an edited gif of Jimmy Savile's face. I didn't want to laugh and I don't find it remotely funny, but the sheer horror of it, Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,259 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

gozunda wrote: »
    Victim blaming? They were children. He was an adult sleazeball ...

Ah don't be so bloody stupid. I'm not blaming victims.

I'm saying that the girls who have accepted his friend request on Facebook are very silly girls and it's a scary thing that youngsters are so blindly trusting.

Get off your high horse and stop looking for something to be offended by.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Why are you making this all about you? Cop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

To what video are people referring? I did a scan of the thread and I don't see anything. Did the vigilantes record the sting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I agree, when I was a kid and I'd be caught out lying or doing something I shouldn't, my reaction was to swallow a lot. Just a reflex of feeling caught rapid, he was doing it in the video. He couldn't have looked any more guilty if he tried, hard to watch but obviously I'm glad he's caught.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭LewisR

Facebook is full of idiots. Grown men commenting on his page calling him all sorts, playing to the gallery and fishing for likes to give themselves some sort of twisted validation. Like these lads would stick their flute in a 17 year old given half a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭yesto24

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'd be against it myself. Self appointed vigilantes have no role in a civilised society. If the police were mounting an operation to catch people like these, that would be absolutely fine but I would be extremely wary of the motives of any private citizens doing this stuff....I can't help thinking a lot of them are probably scumbags themselves looking for some form of fame or validation.
    But a civilised country would have no need for vigilantes.
    Where the police or state fail to enforce the law or fail to enact legislation to catch such people vigilantes will and should step in. I have no problem with this happening. It is the second best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Zillah wrote: »
    To what video are people referring? I did a scan of the thread and I don't see anything. Did the vigilantes record the sting?

If you Google Leeds rte paedophile video I'm sure it will come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Stuckforcash

Comments addressing his family on Facebook are disgraceful. Some people seem to get a thrill out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭yesto24

LewisR wrote: »
    Facebook is full of idiots. Grown men commenting on his page calling him all sorts, playing to the gallery and fishing for likes to give themselves some sort of twisted validation. Like these lads would stick their flute in a 17 year old given half a chance.

But this is not about a 17 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

LewisR wrote: »

Weird post

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement