Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rampage

Options
  • 18-11-2017 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Warner Bros.’ adaptation of the popular 1986 Bally Midway arcade game stars Johnson as the head of an anti-poaching unit that operates in Rwanda. The movie will center around three genetically modified animals — a wolf, gorilla and alligator — but Johnson will act as the main character.

Ummm it has the rock in it and a giant alligator.

It was a good game :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

It's based off a game!?

*googles*

It is based off a game! :eek:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampage_(video_game)
    433825.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, for a moment I couldn't place that at all.....but RAMPAGE! Could be good fun. I enjoyed San Andreas, brainless as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

You had me "what happened to my friend."

The trailer left me shaking my head a few times; marvelling at the sheer silliness of it all.

I couldn't help but notice that the release date is 4-20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Hmm I don't think it looks that bad. Seems like one of those action films you can just sit down and watch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Hmm I don't think it looks that bad. Seems like one of those action films you can just sit down and watch

Hopefully. I've had to stand for the last few I've watched.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So if this is halfway entertaining, will it count towards breaking the whole curse of bad video game movie adaptations?

A truly bizarre and obscure choice of adaptation all the same. Doesn't even look like it's trading on the nostalgia of the game or era...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it looks delightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think it looks delightful.

Same! my brain didnt make the video game connection until they mentioned Giant Wolf. It'll be pure fluff but thats not such a bad thing every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Uwe Boll will be disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Only my two cents but this looks bad :pac:
    It's almost like Hollywood has realised how much money the likes of sharknado and Co did but making this big budget version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,389 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Rock, Joe Manganiello and Jeffrey Dean Morgan in one good dumb popcorn flick, I'm sold :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60,369 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He really is the busiest man in Hollywood.

epic line :D

Of course the wolf can fly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I liked the game so I'll probably see this anyway.

Couple of good lines in there alright. "That's a big arm, don't fight it"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Like the Pacific Rim 2 trailer, these giant creatures don't seem to have the kind of heft and weight I'd expect from creatures that size...

At the very least though they seem to be playing things with a cheesy grin and plenty of comedy. No other way to do it IMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,369 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Uwe Boll Threatens Lawsuit Over Dwayne Johnson Movie, Accuses It of ‘Helping the Military Industrial Complex’
    Uwe Boll is going on a rampage against “Rampage.” The director, who specializes in video-game adaptations that tend to receive highly negative reviews from critics, has issued a statement on his website accusing the new movie — itself an adaptation of a video game — of “using his brand,” “brainwash[ing] America,” and “helping the military industrial complex.” Boll directed an unrelated trilogy of “Rampage” movies.

“Uwe Boll is currently reviewing his options to pursue litigation against motion picture studio Warner Bros. and Producer New Line for using his brand Rampage as the title for the upcoming motion picture starring Dwayne Johnson, also known as The Rock,” reads said statement. “Boll released three original Rampage movies in 2009, 2014 and 2017. This movie trilogy had a quick turnaround amassing large cult following on DVD and entities like Netflix.”

“We are living now in a world where Independent Movies are dead and the big players only are making all the money. That they then use developed brands and ideas from established series such as my Rampage films in order to make even more money is unfair but typical,” Boll says in his own statement.

Then he gets more combative. “The new RAMPAGE movie will shrink my brand and my revenues I can make in the future with my RAMPAGE movies. It also confuses the audience! I want that WARNERS change the title, especially because the new movie has nothing to do with a RAMPAGE and looks more like Jumanji 2 and is one of those typical feelgood, popcorn bull**** movies that the studios use to brainwash America even more! All these kind of movies including Transformers, Avengers are helping the military industrial complex in America to win and have retards like Trump be American President who would say that the earth is flat as soon they think they can benefit from this!”

No word yet on whether an actual lawsuit will materialize.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/03/rampage-uwe-boll-lawsuit-the-rock-1201945693/

Link to the Uwe Boll Rampage thread from here years ago.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66172019

The first Rampage movie was pretty good. 2nd one was awful from what I saw, didn't even know there was a third one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The first Rampage movie was pretty good. 2nd one was awful from what I saw, didn't even know there was a third one.

Huh? This is the first rampage movie??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Think he means this, but it was April 1st also.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampage_(2009_film)

Loughc wrote: »
    Huh? This is the first rampage movie??

I was replying to the post right above mine, there's a trilogy of films called 'Rampage' directed by Uwe Boll.

• Advertisement

Grace be like: :eek: ... so.. Parental warning for apparently a lot of Language and Violence.

The rest of the review sounds good. Again for the Language and Violence :D and nods to the Game

Maybe The Rock has cracked a Video Game Adaption film! Now we know what The Rock was cooking! :)

Hrmmm, only 53% from Critics on RT though:
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rampage_2018/

Although.. it has the sound of the type of Big fightey film that critics don't tend to give good reviews to.

Boom! Yes, the Critics on RT only gave San Andreas 50%:
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/san_andreas/

Rampage could well be one of those fun Big Monster fightey movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

The Rock is in it. I will be going to see it so.

Top Marks from Bob! Again, sounds like a big fun monster fightey movie and that the Rock has cracked a Game Adaption!

hrmmm... Stuckmann not so keen.. but likens it to San Adreas which I don't think he was fond of either.

Sounds like his biggest thing outside of it being a Rock style film was how it didn't do one of the things the game did.

He does affirm that towards the end, it's all action.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭pah

I like Stuckmann. I find our tastes and likes generally align.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,389 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sheriff Negan was only missing Lucille :p felt like parts was Kong Vs. Godzilla Vs. F&F Hobbs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

It was fun, ridiculous movie that I will never watch again, but I must say the dialogue was amazingly sh!te. The idea that somebody got paid (at all) to write that dialogue is something else.

As mentioned, Jeffery Dean Morgan is playing Negan, minus the bat.

The rock is
    shot in the stomach. Appears to be in a jock, as one would expect. Within 30 seconds he's back on his feet holding his wound, then unleashes this gold: "Luckily the bullet missed all vital organs." LOL Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Seen it at the weekend. It was good fun. Plenty of action. We enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,211 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the film does exactly what you expect it to. Jeffrey Dean Morgan does a great job chewing the scenery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It's enjoyably terrible. The dialogue and exposition is dreadful. The villain's plot is ridiculous and has not been thought through in the slightest. The jokes are hit and miss and the very last gag didn't sit well with me at all. But The Rock is as likeable as ever.

Advertisement