Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Bono on Grafton st Xmas eve details?

  • 14-11-2017 1:02am
    #1
    Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    I know Bono does his thing on Grafton st every Christmas Eve but I’ve never gone. This year I’d like to take my son and check it out but not sure time,location etc? I realize it’ll prob be a mad house and I’m ok with that but and advise would be much appreciated!
    Cheers


Comments

  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 10,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭ miamee


    I don't think he necessarily does it every year though he has the past two I think. It's an impromptu thing, Glen Hansard always busks in or near where Disney shop/Dunnes Stores are on Grafton Street and a mob ensues, a few of his (Glen's) singer pals may turn up or not.

    I think it's usually in the afternoon/early evening maybe 4 or 5pm onwards? I'd never still be in town at that time on Christmas Eve so I have never seen them myself.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭ david75


    To be clear it’s definitely not Bono’s thing. He turns up for a song. And takes all the credit and headlines. Eye roll.
    It’s 100% Glens thing and he organises it.
    Last year it was closed down before it could even get goin. Simply too many people turned up and blocked the street and gardai shut it down.
    Will probably be happening this year and in around Dunne’s or that end of grafton st for about 4 if you want to get a good spot.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭ david75


    HERes a cool little film my pal made about it couple of years ago. Bono included.



  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Great vid! Thanks, kinda knew it was more glen than bono. No surprise there, bono seems to like to get the credit. Seems like quite the crowd but it'll be fun hopefully the weather cooperates ☃️
    Maybe I'll pay someone to hold a spot for me! Lol


  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc


    Vcu3656 wrote: »
    Great vid! Thanks, kinda knew it was more glen than bono. No surprise there, bono seems to like to get the credit. Seems like quite the crowd but it'll be fun hopefully the weather cooperates ☃️
    Maybe I'll pay someone to hold a spot for me! Lol

    Sorry completely off topic but since when can we post emojis on boards? ⛄️


  • Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭ david75


    Loughc wrote: »
    Sorry completely off topic but since when can we post emojis on boards? ⛄️



    That is new!! Great spot!


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Loughc wrote: »
    Vcu3656 wrote: »
    Great vid! Thanks, kinda knew it was more glen than bono. No surprise there, bono seems to like to get the credit. Seems like quite the crowd but it'll be fun hopefully the weather cooperates ☃️
    Maybe I'll pay someone to hold a spot for me! Lol

    Sorry completely off topic but since when can we post emojis on boards? ⛄️

    Didn't know it was an issue, my bad if I broke board law.....


  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc


    Vcu3656 wrote: »
    Didn't know it was an issue, my bad if I broke board law.....

    It’s not a bad thing. It’s a good thing. ⛄️


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭ david75




  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc


    Well did anyone go tonight?


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc




  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy


    I wouldn't go to Grafton Street on Christmas eve if I could help it! :pac:


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭ david75


    Good idea to move it to the gaeity


Advertisement