Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Internet Systems Development – BSc (Honours)

• 13-11-2017 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 10 ✭✭✭ Millea123

Is this worth studying in LIT? What's the course like just want some feedback before deciding cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Rilgar

I'm aware this thread is nearly a year old, but given that I've just graduated in this degree, I thought I'd give my two cents on it.

Before that, some brief background on my case; I started out in the Software Development course and stayed there for three years, but struggled by year 3. I realised I was going to fail the degree so I spoke with my head of the IT department and she suggested at the time to move sideways into year 3 of Internet Systems Development.

And I have to admit, I found it to be much easier. It had a greater emphasis on coding which I enjoyed compared to my previous course, though I did feel that a strong grasp of the basics of coding was necessary to keep up with the pace of work in year 3 and year 4. I am sure this has only become more important now that the years have become semesterised.

So in conclusion, it's a nice degree to do, with java being a central part of the languages you cover. I wouldn't depend on the lecturers helping you if you get stuck, but that's kinda been par for the course in the five years I've spent studying at LIT. It's literally a matter of sink or swim there.

Advertisement