Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Systems Development – BSc (Honours)

• 13-11-2017 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Is this worth studying in LIT? What's the course like just want some feedback before deciding cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rilgar

I'm aware this thread is nearly a year old, but given that I've just graduated in this degree, I thought I'd give my two cents on it.

Before that, some brief background on my case; I started out in the Software Development course and stayed there for three years, but struggled by year 3. I realised I was going to fail the degree so I spoke with my head of the IT department and she suggested at the time to move sideways into year 3 of Internet Systems Development.

And I have to admit, I found it to be much easier. It had a greater emphasis on coding which I enjoyed compared to my previous course, though I did feel that a strong grasp of the basics of coding was necessary to keep up with the pace of work in year 3 and year 4. I am sure this has only become more important now that the years have become semesterised.

So in conclusion, it's a nice degree to do, with java being a central part of the languages you cover. I wouldn't depend on the lecturers helping you if you get stuck, but that's kinda been par for the course in the five years I've spent studying at LIT. It's literally a matter of sink or swim there.

Advertisement