Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trademark/trademark infringement?

Options
  • 12-11-2017 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Wonder if someone can assist with this query, please?

My intention is to open a new business where we have picked the name 'JAM Coffee and Cake' (not the real name but just as an example). I've checked on CRO and there are currently 74 other registered businesses with the name JAM in it somewhere, being 'Cactus Jam' to 'The Happy Jam Jar'

However, there is already a cafe business called 'JAM' and registered like this on CRO but there is also another business called the 'JAM Coffee House' , 'JAM Eaterie Limited' etc.

Is there anything to stop me using the word JAM in a coffee business and continue to register it under my proposed name 'JAM Coffee and Cake'?

Many thanks.

Advertisement