Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coca Cola Truck Not Stopping in the City

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Deiseen

gobo99 wrote: »
    Brings up Kilkenny in the first post, wonders why people are talking about Kilkenny...

Seeing as it's the season of goodwill, we'll let you come up and play with our truck. And if you're good we might let you honk the horn.

No, I'm not wondering why people are talking about Kilkenny at all. Im wondering why KK people came on here and dragged it into a Kilkenny v waterford situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Deiseen wrote: »
    No, I'm not wondering why people are talking about Kilkenny at all. Im wondering why KK people came on here and dragged it into a Kilkenny v waterford situation.

So will you be coming up to see our truck or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Deiseen

I'll pop up (as i do every year) but not to see the truck :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭914

A multinational advertisement truck parked up in the middle of town or winterval. Give me winterval any day.

The waterford eye is looking fantastic on the Quay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

914 wrote: »
    A multinational advertisement truck parked up in the middle of town or winterval. Give me winterval any day.

The waterford eye is looking fantastic on the Quay.

That's what I said! The days of stuff like this could be coming to an end though, as the nanny state grows. Coke will be banned eventually the way things are going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭looksee

914 wrote: »
    A multinational advertisement truck parked up in the middle of town

Bit reminiscent of the old Patrick's Day parades, like watching a traffic jam...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

Wat the fook I thought this was about a truck not blaa land versus cat land......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

road_high wrote:
    That's what I said! The days of stuff like this could be coming to an end though, as the nanny state grows. Coke will be banned eventually the way things are going

Coke will never be banned, we have very little political and democratic governance left, and that has a lot to do with corporate interference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Coke will never be banned, we have very little political and democratic governance left, and that has a lot to do with corporate interference.

I would argue the opposite- we have far too much interference in people's lives by government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

road_high wrote:
    I would argue the opposite- we have far too much interference in people's lives by government.

Debatable of course, but I'd say our democratic governance is decreasing in the eu, and with the release of things such as the paradise and Panama papers, you d have to wonder, who's controlling who? Our political systems are becoming more pluotocratic in nature

Advertisement