Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRELAND Vs SOUTH AFRICA match thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

How was there time for a lineout there? Time was past 40...?
    Living up to the username :pac:
    Tis a new law variation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Our backrow really starting to deliver last 15 min

There's a great balance to it, POM is doing really well in the lineouts and mauls, couple of good carries too, SOB is linking and starting to show with ball in hand the last 10 mins and CJ is tackling everything that moves and carrying over and over again.

SA look very poor though, they've no ideas in attack, very disappointed by them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Kearney had a class clean out on Lowe during the last few phases

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

With a bit more ball, a tiring Saffa pack and a few more things sticking, we could run up a score here.

Great defensive effort. Henderson is outplaying Etzebeth. Which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭OldRio

Very very enjoyable. Some great performances that half.
    But deary me those fecking jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Jesus wept! I can't believe how shìte SA have become as a rugby team. Their backs are a pile of crap, starting with their 10 Jantjes, who is just desperate, not to mention the fairly woeful wingers.

Ireland lack a little fluidity, but this could get very ugly, especially if Ireland score first after the break.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

sydthebeat wrote: »
    As fine a first half preformance as I've seen from an Irish team in a long time.

Are we actually this good, or are south Africa a bit clueless.

Ireland are playing like a very well drilled side. Nothing exciting but high percentage rugby. South Africa... aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

sydthebeat wrote: »
    As fine a first half preformance as I've seen from an Irish team in a long time.

Are we actually this good, or are south Africa a bit clueless.

SA arent good but ireland are playing as a proper team, really good team performance. Toner and Henderson are having really big performances. Stockdale looks a natural at this level.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Lovely half. Not letting the saffers settle into it at all. Really suffocating them any time they get on the ball, but how often was that??

Delighted for Aki, he's really playing a big part here.

Forwards are dominating. Backs could do with a little more ball in hand.

All in all?

nice.jpeg

leakyboots wrote: »
    There's a great balance to it, POM is doing really well in the lineouts and mauls, couple of good carries too, SOB is linking and starting to show with ball in hand the last 10 mins and CJ is tackling everything that moves and carrying over and over again.

SA look very poor though, they've no ideas in attack, very disappointed by them

First 10 I think all 3 put in poor tackles. Slowly grew into it after that. Last 15 they and Murray have owned it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

South Africa are rubbish, any other team would put them to the sword now but I imagine Ireland will begin to coast in the next half.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭bilston

The Irish pack have been excellent. All of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

its_phil wrote: »
    That was the act of a clown. It should have been 10m extra

In Ireland we love the fake hard man nonsense
    Just watch McClean and Whelan get adulation later on for it
    Youve described it perfectly act of a clown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭bobbyss

vienne86 wrote:
    He takes the full minute.

That shows you how much I know. They have one minute to take a kick? When does the minute start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

SA are awful. If we keep our heads and don't give them any soft openings, we can close this out handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That was an excellent first half from Ireland. It's a pity we didn't get a try to finish it off. But; I'm really happy with that Irish performance so far. Let's hope Ireland continue to win further tries by obtaiing a possible whitewash against SA as that would be brilliant for us.

SA are a team that are lost, confused & have a lack of leadership in multitudes. It will be a further embarrassment for them if they don't regain their advantage in the 2nd half of this match like what had happened with in their near recent loss & whitewash against NZ.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

bobbyss wrote: »
    That shows you how much I know. They have one minute to take a kick? When does the minute start?

From the time the ball is teed up

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Teferi wrote: »
    South Africa are rubbish, any other team would put them to the sword now but I imagine Ireland will begin to coast in the next half.

Yeah cos thats what Schmidt teams do...

He'll make the changes and SA will have a very painful last 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Panrich

Good show by the newcomers. All look like they have something to offer. Bundee Aki in particular is everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

bobbyss wrote: »
    When the tee arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

L’equipe had a piece a while ago about the length of time kickers took - Sexton was down at a minute, six seconds; Halfpenny a minute 12 seconds if I remember correctly

wtf is this RTE? Soccer?? FECK!

bilston wrote: »

Normally someone stands out but everyone is just doing really well what they are meant to. They look very well drilled.

Scrum going well, lineout been solid, mauls have been good, tackling for most part has been good and we are clearing out rucks.

Our bench can make a big impact too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

The BOKs will have a purple patch in the 2nd half, Joe knows it. This match is far from a done deal. Fingers crossed but god Bundi has been an extra back row, ever where.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    bilston wrote: »

Normally someone stands out but everyone is just doing really well what they are meant to. They look very well drilled.

Scrum going well, lineout been solid, mauls have been good, tackling for most part has been good and we are clearing out rucks.

Our bench can make a big impact too

Well they can, but apart from Ruddock and to an extent Kilcoyne they are very inexperienced. Obviously James Ryan is a serious talent so it will be interesting to see how he goes.

Worried about the drop-off in our front row. 60+ is gonna be tough going.

jersey_map2.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Well I don't normally post here but those jerseys...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

dregin wrote: »
    Worried about the drop-off in our front row. 60+ is gonna be tough going.

Yeah but South African only have 2 fresh front forwards to bring on. That will give the Irish replacements a freshness advantage.

• Advertisement

Far too much going on in the SA 10's kick prep.

Advertisement