Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once in a Lifetime....for now

Options
1575859606163»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SuspectZero

Big belated congrats! And its great to see you back and going stronger than ever and massively deserved ofc. Realistic, well paced and as full of stubborn grit as always:p. Well done senor!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That was a wonderful performance S. We've shared similar journeys working through injuries and setbacks over the last few years, and I completely agree with your feeling of not being not fully "back" until you've conquered the marathon again. To do so in such style makes it even better again. Massive congratulations and I'm delighted for you.

It's looking like I'm going to follow in your footsteps and do Amsterdam next year, so I'm interested to know if you were happy with your decision to move to KM's for this block, and if you'll be sticking with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Thanks A. I honestly couldn't recommend Amsterdam highly enough. You should really enjoy it.

As for my move to kilometres, yes I fully intend to stick with it. The main reason being that it's quite unlikely I will run a marathon with mile markers any time soon. I learned a huge lesson in Den Haag about running a km marked course using mile pace/distance on the watch. No doubt having this lesson would mean that I 'could' do it better than I did but using KMs just removes the need for mental maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Metric is King folks, metric is King.

I'm glad you've seen the light Sean 😃

Advertisement