Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive Blockchain Technologies Ltd

Options
  • 02-11-2017 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about this business?

From their website, First publicly listed blockchain infrastructure company that bridges blockchain and cryptocurrencies to traditional capital markets.

It's stock price has tripled in the last month.

https://www.hiveblockchain.com/

Is this a gamble buying into it or are they onto something in the crypto world?

https://www.investing.com/equities/hive-blockchain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

There's no doubt that blockchain technology has a big future, but, it is also clear that there is a lot of investor "unnatural exuberance" in the market regarding blockchain company start-ups.
    A few days ago, an existing company added "blockchain" to its name ............ and its share price immediately jumped 390% :eek:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-27/what-s-in-a-name-u-k-stock-surges-394-on-blockchain-rebrand

This reminds me of the Dotcom frenzy in the early '90s when many new companies with dotcom in their name were valued in millions even though they had no business model or no business, even. When the bubble burst -- when people realised these companies were nothing more than a website and a name -- the shares crashed and burned to nothing and literally billions were lost. Pets.com is a salutary lesson.

I fear something similar may occur with the "blockchain" mania. A few companies will succeed and thrive like the Amazons, Apple and Google of the dotcom era, but most will fade into nothing.
    Thread carefully, and do your due diligence before investing into any of these new kids on the block.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I’ll keep a good eye on my stop losses, dipped my toe in the water in 3 Blockchain stocks this morning, all green so far, stompy bot corp flying for me right now.

Think these are quick in and outs, still Hive looks like it has some good investors bought into it.

New Video on Hive Blockchain, worth a watch for anyone into crypto.

Disclosure, I have shares in Hive. Been a rocky road the last few months but there gathering pace, secured another 100 million the other day for new bitcoin facility. Stock is up over 3000% this year just to put things into perspective on gains on shares versus gains on crypto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

Very interesting, some extraordinary gains this year.

Might dip my toe in, I presume can find them on De Giro

crushproof wrote: »
    Very interesting, some extraordinary gains this year.

Might dip my toe in, I presume can find them on De Giro

Yea but not real time prices showing when it's added to your stock list, same when buying you can't see the current price, charge is 2 euro + 0.01 cent per share.
    There's a few new blockchain companies on the TVSX but Hive has some expert guys involved and is partnered with Genesis they own 30% of Hive. Seems to be the crypto company to own at the moment.
    It's worth keeping an eye on, i'm upping my stake on the next dip if there is one (it might be rocky road until January/Feb and this can move 25% or more in a day).
    Think their next few earnings reports are going to be stellar. Debt free bringing in a lot of money and also hoarding coins

New news today, just upped the swedish investment with Genesis http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/hive-blockchain-announces-upsize-financing-115-million-including-minimum-investment-tsx-venture-hive-2243409.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement