Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nilfisk E140 pressure washer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Hopefully they don't start refusing to deliver these to Ireland anymore. There are few enough models that they do deliver here as it is. I was originally looking at the E130 but its not available for delivery to Ireland and would be way too big for parcel motel etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

Ordered this also, delivery was supposed to be Wednesday with ups but then Wednesday morning got an email from Amazon saying there was a delay, finally arrived Friday{13 days} and there is a big crack about 30cm down one side, package was perfect apart from looking like it was opened and cello taped up again. Emailed amazon this morning and they rang me back 2 hours later to offer a replacement refund or 10% off

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Old Jim

Mine arrived with some slight damage to the box. There is a couple of plastic bits broken from the machine itself. Not critical pieces and nothing some super glue won't fix. Haven't tried it out yet but assume it works ok. Got it from the marketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Still waiting on delivery and email contact from a manager.

If Amazon were a new company I would advise everyone to avoid them like the plague based on my experience so far with this purchase.

I must of had at least 6 or 7 different people contact me by email, usually in the middle of the night, usually varying little from an auto response and none a manager.

Respond to one and another responds back, then 12 hours later the original person responds back seemingly oblivious to previous email sent.

I still have no idea when to expect delivery.

One of the people assured me "from my mouth to Gods ears I hope you get the parcel soon".

The way I feel now I'd like to ensure his mouth is very close to his Gods ear sooner than he'd like.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

thanks going to order one now, what snow foam lance would people recommend to buy with it or should I get one separately? Maybe a better question for detailing forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

thanks going to order one now, what snow foam lance would people recommend to buy with it or should I get one separately? Maybe a better question for detailing forum

Mine came with one but I haven't tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,137 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I bought this one earlier this year for my Nilfisk:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Heavy-Duty-Nilfisk-Alto-Kew-Gerni-Pressure-Washer-Snow-Foam-Lance-With-1L-Bottle-/231404993231?hash=item35e0cffacf

ordered the e140 just now and I'll get one of those thanks bazz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

Pity it doesn't pull from a water butt. :(

• Advertisement

Pity it doesn't pull from a water butt. :(

it says it does, half the reason I went for this over a cheaper one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

it says it does, half the reason I went for this over a cheaper one
    Not how I read it. It will work from a water butt tap. I understood from the wording, which was a bit vague, that it also needs a head of at least .5m.

Pulling from a butt means just tossing the input hose into the butt without the need for a head.

Not how I read it. It will work from a water butt tap. I understood from the wording, which was a bit vague, that it also needs a head of at least .5m.

Pulling from a butt means just tossing the input hose into the butt without the need for a head.

ah right ok. I'm going to be pulling from water butt taps not from a pond etc I see what you mean and that is a big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Any danger of grit or something in a butt damaging paintwork?

blade1 wrote: »
    Any danger of grit or something in a butt damaging paintwork?

Saw there's a screw on 60 micron filter you put on the spout not sure if it comes with it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭blade1

My 130 arrived about an hour ago.
    2 things.... One of the wheels was broke and is there supposed to be a little filter supplied for where your garden hose connects????

Gave car a quick wash.
    Happy with washer car came out well seeing as it was only a quick blast.
    Wheels even came out well even by just using the gun on them.
    21ci71f.jpg
    a2rdiv.jpg

I used the adjustable nozzle as the other one seemed too powerful(came to this conclusion when I put my finger in front of it :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

blade1 wrote: »
    My 130 arrived about an hour ago.
    2 things.... One of the wheels was broke and is there supposed to be a little filter supplied for where your garden hose connects????

Gave car a quick wash.
    Happy with washer car came out well seeing as it was only a quick blast.
    Wheels even came out well even by just using the gun on them.
    21ci71f.jpg
    a2rdiv.jpg

I used the adjustable nozzle as the other one seemed too powerful(came to this conclusion when I put my finger in front of it :rolleyes:)

Nice car and nice shed, fair play!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I got a karcher k4. It's very good. The rotating zero degree jet has cleaned anything I've pointed it at. [Mainly algae crusted concrete and a mossy driveway.]

Wouldn't use it on a car without a brush head specifically for that purpose. It might damage the paintwork.

I got a karcher k4. It's very good. The rotating zero degree jet has cleaned anything I've pointed it at. [Mainly algae crusted concrete and a mossy driveway.]

Wouldn't use it on a car without a brush head specifically for that purpose. It might damage the paintwork.

Hahaha no ooooooo ooo! Have a look at the detailing forum before you think about cleaning a car with a brush

I had an autobrite snowfoam Lance which was great until the bottle cracked.

I now have one off Ali Express which is basically as good. Just make sure you get a decent looking one with brass fittings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭embraer170

Woodie's have an a pressure washer for €45. Obviously an entirely different league but probably enough for a once or twice a year use.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ordered on today with the patio cleaner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Ordered this evening, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Ordered this evening, thanks.

Was wondering did you folks receive yours and what accessories or parts ye use for car cleaning ?

john_doe. wrote: »
    Was wondering did you folks receive yours and what accessories or parts ye use for car cleaning ?

mine came today. came with a little foamy bottle thing that you could use to clean a car. threw a bit of car shampoo into it and tbh it was good enough to get by with but not even on the same level as a proper foam lance

the other nozzles are one is a blade with adjustable power and the other is a very small stream which rotates very quickly

I did all purpose cleaner in the little bottle, let it sit then washed off with the blade at full power but from a bit of a distance away, then car shampoo in the bottle and let it sit and washed off with the blade again. Tried the little powerful rotating one inside wheel arches and it was good but very powerful you'd want to be careful. Used it at a long enough distance from some of the rest of the paint on the car but the blade is better for washing the foam off.

Blew a bit of paint clean off a wall with the small rotating one, will be good for cleaning the liscannor on the ground. Tried all the fittings on a wall first just to gauge the power before using it on a car.

Compared to a karcher k4 I think it was I had before, the nilfisk 140.3 is heavier, but more compact, has a more premium feel, the trigger feels much more premium like you're operating a switch rather than opening a plastic valve like it feels on the karcher.

The hose is good and long and feels high quality and the connections that click into the actual gun feels good when it clicks in. Quieter than the karcher it replaced but that one was old. But really nice and quiet, with the karcher I'd feel like I was bothering the neighbours if I had to do a lot of washing but this is only 86dB it says, and it definitely feels noticeably quieter. But again it's brand new and will probably get noisy.

Power wise I'm not too sure until I get it at some tough stuff like scale on the stone and walls etc. Didn't feel like I would have been blasting the paint off the car so I was actually a bit surprised when I first got it going, doesn't feel any more powerful than the karcher and I was expecting a bit of a boost but not 100% sure yet.

Has little places to click all the bits and pieces into and it was quick to take out and put away. The little thing for managing the power cord is good, a little arm folds down and you can take the spool of cable off rather than unwinding.

and the spool the hose is on is good for winding it up when you're finished.

I'll definitely be getting a proper foam lance (and also loads of other stuff needed to get the cars properly clean..)

overall very happy with it so far

Ya I knocked some paint off the wall too.

Need to get some acesssroies for the car.
    Had a look at the Nilfisk accessories on Amazon but they seem to get poor reviews.

What do you think you'll get ?

Not sure on pressure , my connection had a leak in it so was dropping pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭micks_address

Had a look at the Nilfisk accessories on Amazon but they seem to get poor reviews.

Detailing shed to a bottle for it well worth getting

think I'll get this for foam http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Heavy-Duty-Nilfisk-Alto-Kew-Gerni-Pressure-Washer-Snow-Foam-Lance-With-1L-Bottle-/231404993231?hash=item35e0cffacf it was linked by baz who posted on this thread and in the detailing forum

the rest will be 2 bucket method washing so nothing else needed for the pressure washer for me

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

What's that ?

• Advertisement

Detailing shed to a bottle for it well worth getting

Any links for this ?

Advertisement