Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

bbluy3z4nd871.png

This is a bit mad. They've 13 players making their debut in the 23 because most of the European players were unavailable for selection because it's a single test so they didn't travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

bbluy3z4nd871.png

This is a bit mad. They've 13 players making their debut in the 23 because most of the European players were unavailable for selection because it's a single test so they didn't travel.

Rugby has such a credibility problem at the moment. I might watch the highlights. Yet more dross though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Rugby has such a credibility problem at the moment. I might watch the highlights. Yet more dross though.

That's frigging dreadful.

By which I mean the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

That's frigging dreadful.

By which I mean the situation.

Honestly I have no interest watching a full strength nz side playing nz club players with Tongan heritage. I think I recognise one name: ex highlander manu nasi who is in what is known as the “twilight” of his career. Just total yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

bbluy3z4nd871.png

It's very unfortunate but I don't agree with this guy that it's a reflection on the state of the game. Just a reflection of the impact of Covid.

• Advertisement

It's very unfortunate but I don't agree with this guy that it's a reflection on the state of the game. Just a reflection of the impact of Covid.

I think from the point of view of the state of the game in terms of the Pacific Islands it's valid.

Most of the European players turned down the call up because they won't get paid for representing, or if they do it'd be a pittance. And since it's only one test, with Covid protocols plus the travel, it's not worth their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Honestly I have no interest watching a full strength nz side playing nz club players with Tongan heritage. I think I recognise one name: ex highlander manu nasi who is in what is known as the “twilight” of his career. Just total yawn.

A bit of money will be made, but this must be insanely dispiriting for Tongan (and Kiwi) fans of the game.

I can't foresee any circumstances in which either set of fans is enthused, proud or basking in any kind of afterglow after the game. Painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭clsmooth

the coach made a mess of it.

Spot on. What was even more puzzling that day was selecting ROG for his place kicking and then deciding to go to the corner repeatedly when we had an option for the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

All Blacks team to play Tonga.
    The team is (Test caps in brackets. New Test caps in bold):

1: Karl Tu’inukuafe (17)
    2: Dane Coles (74)
    3: Angus Ta’avao (14)
    4: Scott Barrett (40)
    5: Samuel Whitelock (122) – captain
    6: Akira Ioane (2)
    7: Dalton Papalii (4)
    8: Luke Jacobson (2)
    9: Brad Weber (7)
    10: Richie Mo’unga (22)
    11: George Bridge (10)
    12: Quinn Tupaea (new cap)
    13: Rieko Ioane (33)
    14: Will Jordan (2)
    15: Damian McKenzie (27)

16: Asafo Aumua (1)
    17: George Bower (new cap)
    18: Tyrel Lomax (6)
    19: Patrick Tuipulotu (35)
    20: Ethan Blackadder (new cap)
    21: Finlay Christie (new cap)
    22: Beauden Barrett (88)
    23: Jordie Barrett (23)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

RugbyPass picks up the All Blacks incoming series rights,
    for three test matches & as a bonus Maori All Blacks v Samoa.

Edit: I didn’t read the mail properly - its €10 per “match day”, so actually €30. So yeah…that may or may not be good value from your perspective, depending on how much you want to see the All Blacks put over cricket scores against the opposition concerned.

Doesn’t look we’ll be seeing Australia’s match’s v France, unless worldrugby.com steps in again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

For those of you who are able to watch rugby at 11am on a Wednesday, Australia v France has now been picked up by Sky Sports. No idea about the Wednesday thing …

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Burkie1203 wrote: »

The Welsh not turning out to support their team, as someone who watches the pro infinity i am shocked..... Not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Has the Ireland-Japan game sold out?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

The Welsh not turning out to support their team, as someone who watches the pro infinity i am shocked..... Not.

Whatever about the Welsh supporters attitude to the regions, I’m a bit surprised about this for a Test match.

There's only 3k supporters allowed in, 300 were given to frontline workers, can't imagine the other 2.7k lasted long

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

A handful of tickets were on ticketmaster yesterday and today.

3k capacity tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The majority of tickets were given to rugby clubs and to players families and then the rest went online so I'd say there was no more than 200/250 available when they went up on ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm not interested in going myself, not being vaccinated and all, I just want to be sure before I get bolschy about it online to others.

Watching the maori all blacks and there playing a loosehead prop who's 145 kg and he's 20 jesus bloody christ.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭fitz

NZ on track to put 100+ on Tonga.

fitz wrote: »

Be closer to 200 if they keep as there going!!

fitz wrote: »

Depressing

Be closer to 200 if they keep as there going!!

Mounga wasting too much time kicking, only to miss.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Mounga wasting too much time kicking, only to miss.

Should be taking a quick drop, every run they make in open play looks like there a phase from going straight through.

19 tackles made by tonga 11 missed. Christ

I wonder will the all blacks be told at half time to dial it back a bit. This just isn't a good look for the sport.

I wonder will the all blacks be told at half time to dial it back a bit. This just isn't a good look for the sport.

Tongans will inevitably tire as well. Could be slow going!

Richie not giving his test 10 chances any favors, absolutely electric playmaker but his place kicking has been well below the level required.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Richie not giving his test 10 chances any favors, absolutely electric playmaker but his place kicking has been well below the level required.

They've no shortage of kickers at FB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement