Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

If he was in a bad team in France, it will be much the same in London. Relegation still a big threat for them. Jackson (I believe) is a marquee player on big money, so of course he will play. Madigan would never have been an option as he is under contract with Bristol.

Big risk by Kidney signing him though. Kidney and Jackson both have a bit to prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

So it seemed Israel Folau was to return to rugby league and play with Tonga but now it isn’t so certain he’ll be allowed to

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Bridge93 wrote: »
    So it seemed Israel Folau was to return to rugby league and play with Tonga but now it isn’t so certain he’ll be allowed to
    He'd fit in quite well over there :rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Tonga

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zlMVu9CXgqk&feature=youtu.be#dialog

Short documentary on Rodney Ah-You, well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Fri 7:45pm Ulster vs Ospreys - Eir

Sat 5:45am Argentina vs Tonga - Eir
    Sat 8:15am Japan vs Ireland - RTE/Eir
    Sat 10:45am South Africa vs Namibia - Eir
    Sat 3pm Munster vs Dragons - TG4/Eir
    Sat 5:15pm Scarlets vs Connacht - TG4
    Sat 5:15pm Benetton vs Leinster - Eir

Sun 6:15am Georgia vs Uruguay - Eir
    Sun 8:45am Australia vs Wales - Eir

Pace yourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Pace yourselves.
    Russian Grand Prix...
    NFL Sunday...

Saturday Morning
    giphy.gif

Sunday Night
    giphy.gif

Cheika and now Hansen, the prevalence of Social Media will shine a light more and more on the cheat merchants. No team will be immune but the dark masters are the ones making noise.

https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/hansen-slams-trial-by-social-media/?fbclid=IwAR16z_KNIpd0rRA-PUAjj2U0iBAaceK3XVy73jckjen8LfmLWDiu6GlVVpg

Russian Grand Prix...
    NFL Sunday...

Saturday Morning
    giphy.gif

Sunday Night
    giphy.gif

Vikings @ Bears 9:25pm Sunday.
    Monday will be rough.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9988123/england-rugby-steffon-armitage-guilty-sexually-assaulting-woman-france/

i havent seen this mentioned anywhere but steffon armitage in trouble :
    A FORMER England rugby player has been handed a suspended sentence after being found guilty of groping a woman outside a bar in France.
    A court today handed the former flanker a suspended sentence for six months. He was also ordered to pay the victim 5,000 euros (£4,400) compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭blackwhite

sydthebeat wrote: »

I wonder is that going to impact on his ability to get a visa to play in San Diego next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

blackwhite wrote: »
    I wonder is that going to impact on his ability to get a visa to play in San Diego next year?

Good shout, would a groping like that come under sexual assault? As he’s convicted he’d have a lot of trouble getting in. Paddy Jackson missed us beating the AB’s just from an investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Paddy Jackson missed us beating the AB’s just from an investigation.

That's because he had to attend a police up north station to answer questions on the morning the squad were leaving, it wasn't anything to do with entry to the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That's because he had to attend a police up north station to answer questions on the morning the squad were leaving, it wasn't anything to do with entry to the US.

Pretty sure he wasn’t given a visa

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

blackwhite wrote: »

Didn’t Mils Muliena play over there after leaving Connacht with the Cardiff debacle still hanging over him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

salmocab wrote: »
    Pretty sure he wasn’t given a visa

Nope, he just wasn't available for the reasons specified above. No charges were filed until July 2017, 8 months after the NZ game. At the time it wasn't public knowledge that PJ was involved, although there were rumors about it.

I don't know what visa the players would actually need in the US to play a game (or even if they need one) but it would likely be a H1b which has no questions regarding investigations.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Didn’t Mils Muliena play over there after leaving Connacht with the Cardiff debacle still hanging over him?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ex-new-zealand-rugby-player-10287921

Charges were dropped before he went to the US.

Armitage actually has a conviction now, so different kettle of fish entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

razorblunt wrote: »

Mils went to Zebre after Connacht and I believe that during his time in Zebre the case against him was dismissed so he would have been free to play in the states

Nope, he just wasn't available for the reasons specified above. No charges were filed until July 2017, 8 months after the NZ game. At the time it wasn't public knowledge that PJ was involved, although there were rumors about it.

I don't know what visa the players would actually need in the US to play a game (or even if they need one) but it would likely be a H1b which has no questions regarding investigations.

There's a special visa for professional sports - P-1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P_visa

EB1A or O-1 would also potentially be used either - but higher bar to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Vikings @ Bears 9:25pm Sunday.
    Monday will be rough.

By the sounds of things Sunday will be worse.

PJ gets the starting jersey for LI against Quins.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes.

• Advertisement

stephen_n wrote: »
    By the sounds of things Sunday will be worse.

NFL Sunday makes winter Sundays great!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

NFL Sunday makes winter Sundays great!

F543-B9-CA-4-E08-4-CB0-BEFD-79-F0306-BBB80.jpg

stephen_n wrote: »
    F543-B9-CA-4-E08-4-CB0-BEFD-79-F0306-BBB80.jpg

Lovely consistency to the dry there. Distribution is world class and the combinations across uneven surfaces show just how much prep work was done. Difficult to see how anyone can top this performance but still early in the season so will wait and see.

its disappointing that ultimate rugby havent got their arse in gear for Pro14 rugby kicking off tonight.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

sydthebeat wrote: »
    its disappointing that ultimate rugby havent got their arse in gear for Pro14 rugby kicking off tonight.

Its there for me, have you favourited this years league?

pc7 wrote: »

im not talking about android, im talking about on PC

they have all the other tournaments already set up for news, fixtures, results etc apart from the Pro14

pc7 wrote: »

Mine doesn't even differentiate between years, automatically updated to this year's fixtures for me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mine doesn't even differentiate between years, automatically updated to this year's fixtures for me.

Yeah it was there for me, just thought maybe they needed that if wasn't working (I'm using iPhone)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Noel Reid starting at 10 for Leicester v Exeter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,751 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I know talk of rugby expansion is discussed often particularly around world cups, but what can be done to grow the game and develop more competitive teams, especially now that the Global League has been rejected.

With Japan up to 8th in the world and looking very good at the weekend, surely the time is now to strike and get them into the Rugby Championship. Don't muck around for 10 years like what happened with Italy, get them in as soon as is feasible.

What can be done in Europe. It's only natural that Unions will look after their own interests so it's pointless criticising the likes of the IRFU to embrace change that might ultimately cost Irish rugby, they are, after all a business, but what can be done to get Georgia, Romania, Spain and Russia up to the next level.

I think Georgia should be gaurenteed at least 3 games a year against 6Ns sides and one of those should be in Tblissi (say in November), and maybe a Georgian domestic side should be guaranteed entry into the Challenge Cup to help expose more Georgian players to a higher level of rugby.

I can't see them joining the 6Ns anytime soon, with the CVc takeover underway there is more chance of the USA joining than Georgia, or any other European side.

That said is there anything to say that the 6Ns should be a European tournament?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement