Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 217: Bisping v GSP (Plus Garbrandt v Dillashaw & Jędrzejczyk v Namajunas)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    The main is a circus. A journey man against a blown up four year retired welterweight.

Or the MW champ on a 5 fight win streak vs the greatest fighter of all time making his comeback.

But you carry on with your tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

mdwexford wrote: »
    Or the MW champ on a 5 fight win streak vs the greatest fighter of all time making his comeback.

In fairness both yours and Macros' statements are probably right at the same time

Hopefully Duffy can pick up another win and start moving on in the division

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Namajunas via Decision
    The one relevant fighter Bisping has beaten in the last 5 years is a Rockhold.

His 5 fight streak includes Henderson who is 4,500,000,000 years old and nearly knocked him out 3 times, Silva who is 3,500,000,000 years old and actually knocked him out, Rockhold who he got lucky against and shouldn't have even have been in the cage against seeing as he was ranked lower than my granny, Thales Leites who's rocking a 2 and 4 record in his last 6 fights and CB Dolloway who's on a super impressive 1 and 3 rip.

All of these against fighters with an average age of 38. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,159 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cliggg wrote: »
    Holdsworth has consistently denied that story up until now, I find it odd that the week of the fight he says it's true and makes a steroid allegation with it.

He denied that it TJ "ended his career", that's not the same as saying it didn't happen. In his mind, he's just injured.
    The one relevant fighter Bisping has beaten in the last 5 years is a Rockhold.

His 5 fight streak includes Henderson who is 4,500,000,000 years old and nearly knocked him out 3 times, Silva who is 3,500,000,000 years old and actually knocked him out, Rockhold who he got lucky against and shouldn't have even have been in the cage against seeing as he was ranked lower than my granny, Thales Leites who's rocking a 2 and 4 record in his last 6 fights and CB Dolloway who's on a super impressive 1 and 3 rip.

All of these against fighters with an average age of 38. Amazing.

That's all well and good. But the fact is, he knocked out the champ on short notice. He is the current champ. Is he the most dominant and deserving champ, nope. But as a UFC vet, I'm glad he won a title before he retired, he deserves that imo.

I'm on the fence in this one. I think GSP v Whitaker is more interesting. But I don;t want to see GSP hang around MW.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Jędrzejczyk via Submission
    Cannot wait for this card, I normally never stay up and just watch the next day but the cans are currently chilling in the fridge. I think Cody will be too much for TJ to handle, but either way what a fight that is set to be. I've warmed to Bisping over the last couple of years but I still don't what any idea how this will go down. JJ all the way, she's a beast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Bisping TJ and masvidal a very tasty looking treble

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Thinking I'll chuck an acca on

Bisping
    Cody
    Joanna
    Wonderboy
    Duffy
    Cubtelaba

Very good card, looking forward to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    I did a 5 fight accum

Bisping
    Cody
    Osp
    Masvidal
    Vick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    the segment on Cody vs TJ is great here:

Cody's 100% take-down defence stat is pretty amazing but I suppose not many have really tried to take him down. If anyone can take him down then surely it's TJ. I think TJ is the more cerebral fighter so hoping he uses smarts to nullify Cody's power on the ground and to stay out of the pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Ah I can't wait for this to start ramping up with the weigh ins etc. Is there any press conference this week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Bisping, TJ and Joanna on points for me

Namajunas via Decision
    GSP ground out points win.
    Cody by KO
    JJ by points
    Thompson by KO
    Hendricks by points
    Duffy KO
    Zahabi points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

GSP ground out points win.
    Cody by KO
    JJ by points
    Thompson by KO
    Hendricks by points
    Duffy KO
    Zahabi points.

He looks awful though . Just dont think he will have the stamina anymore to do that for 5 rounds.

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    D.Q wrote: »
    Is there any press conference this week

Yep, tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Masvidal called bisping a ******, seems to be the word of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Masvidal is a thug and an idiot. Hope wonderboy puts him alseep on saturday night

Namajunas via Decision
    Idiot says idiotic thing in people who get punched in the face for a living aren't very articulate shocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Holdsworth didn't deny it happened ever, he just didn't talk about it.

Chris said he only talked about it now because TJ denied it happened at all in several interviews last week and said Holdsworth is only out of action because he had bad nutrition and wasn't cutting weight properly.

Stay classy TJ.
    Mellor wrote: »
    He denied that it TJ "ended his career", that's not the same as saying it didn't happen. In his mind, he's just injured.

That's all well and good. But the fact is, he knocked out the champ on short notice. He is the current champ. Is he the most dominant and deserving champ, nope. But as a UFC vet, I'm glad he won a title before he retired, he deserves that imo.

I'm on the fence in this one. I think GSP v Whitaker is more interesting. But I don;t want to see GSP hang around MW.
    Yes you's are right it was TJ ending his career he always denied. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    The Nal wrote: »
    Its interesting though. A very overrated champ vs a possibly washed up veteran who was one of the best ever. If boring to watch.

As others have said, would love to see a dominant Duffy performance and a good KO. Its time he made it to the main cards.

Definitely one thing bisping is not is an overrated champ!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Beersmith wrote: »
    Definitely one thing bisping is not is an overrated champ!

Its amazing that people talk.about age with regard to anderson silva and Henderson, bisping is no spring chicken.either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    mdwexford wrote: »

He just doesn't like Bisping it's clear he posts a boring GSP grind out win to blend in with a popular opinion but votes for a GSP K.O. :D
    Its amazing that people talk.about age with regard to anderson silva and Henderson, bisping is no spring chicken.either

He's the average age of 38 :D

I like Masvidal and hope he beats Wonderboy Saturday. He is a bit of an idiot but he is entertaining as all hell to watch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

https://youtu.be/ldgnsYnSyCg

Comes across as classy and very down to earth as always . I hope he gets some momentum going , some very interesting match ups out there for him

Namajunas via Decision
    Senor Frog wrote: »

Comes across as classy and very down to earth as always . I hope he gets some momentum going , some very interesting match ups out there for him

He's the sort of person who should be a poster boy for the sport. Classy as fook.

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Senor Frog wrote: »

He speaks very intelligently alright. As he's not at all a trash talker he won't be skipping the rankings calling out people ahead of him and the like but could definitely see him going down the path of guys like Whittaker who just keep smashing everyone and make their names through their win streaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Luke's interview with James Vick from the media day is interesting too. Vick goes off on the state of the rankings and all the guys who he says don't want to fight him, he seems very frustrated but makes some very good points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Just got around to watching the open workouts. I can't wait for this card! Also, is Joanna Jedrzejczyk the greatest female MMA fighter of all time? Her striking is so crisp! I like Thug Rose but I can't see her lasting 3 rounds!

I reckon GSP by Decision, Cody by TKO, JJ by TKO and Wonderboy by Decision.

Watched TJ v Lineker and Cody v cruz tonight.

Can't see anything except a Cody win

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    Steve_o wrote: »
    Just got around to watching the open workouts. I can't wait for this card! Also, is Joanna Jedrzejczyk the greatest female MMA fighter of all time? Her striking is so crisp! I like Thug Rose but I can't see her lasting the 3 rounds!

I reckon GSP by Decision, Cody by TKO, JJ by TKO and Wonderboy by Decision.

5 rounds so worse again.

GSP, Cody and Wonderboy for me.

Best card in a long time, haven't stayed up for a full card since Conor v Eddie.

• Advertisement

100% convinced conors next fight announced during 217

Advertisement