Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday, October 30 may prove historically significant

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

We're all mother earth's children...

How would you define mentally ill, some people think I'm mad because I love dubochery and am a self confessed commitmentphobe...

I think people who settle down for the sake of conformity are mentally ill...
    In a way they're indoctrinated in some sense or other....

We're all mad one way or another.

Welcome to the house of fun....baggy trousers....
    Personal ambition is a sin (not a virtue) but working for the good of others is inspired by love and it is the basis for the greatest achievements of mankind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm going to take a punt on nothing will happen.
    Fancy a bet OP?

You've been talking about this economic implosion for quite a while now on Boards. If you keep talking about it until the next crash, whenever that may be, you'll be proved right.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think he could be right. Trump is going to start a nuclear war to distract people from whoever gets arrested on/by Monday. I'm only half joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

There have been days of reckoning and great raptures but even if they are predicted, the prediction date is almost never correct.

"almost" :D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

There have been days of reckoning and great raptures but even if they are predicted, the prediction date is almost never correct.

I clearly missed them altogether. I'm totes disappointed. Have you evidence of this? Like, proper evidence...that doesn't require a lovely tin-foil balaclava?

If there have been these before... Why weren't all the atheists already wiped out? Why don't the child abusers and murderers ever get targeted? If your god has the power to wave a "hand" and collect souls, why is not more done to help the innocents? It's all very confusing and dare I say it...unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

I might be wrong but I think in the beatitudes Atheists are referred to as the "poor in spirit" - but I will have to check that because the poor in spirit might refer to something else.

I think you are wrong. The beatitudes refers to the state of those who would come to God and be saved.

Only those who consider themselves impoverished of spirit (whether they label it so or not) will come to God. Those who consider themselves a.o.k don't consider themselves to have a need for God. And so they don't come and so theirs isn't the kingdom of God.

The atheists are right in this regard: God is a crutch. The issue is whether all are objectively in need of a crutch or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,429 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Are you the guy who has been "predicting" a massive economic crash of the worlds banks/economies for the last few years or am i thinking of someone else?

(Apologies if it's not you)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Monday 30th October, 2017 comes 17 days after the centenary of miracle of Fatima. It may be a day of reckoning. Our Lady recommended the recital of the Holy Rosary every day.

I might be wrong but I think in the beatitudes Atheists are referred to as the "poor in spirit" - but I will have to check that because the poor in spirit might refer to something else.

Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
    and they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”
    7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’

Bit against the teachings of your religion to boast and brag about bad things coming to atheists at the hand of your God tomorrow. Do not put the Lord your God to the test.

And that's leaving aside all the previous "tomorrows" at which point those nasty atheists were definitely going to be punished. Have you considered that maybe the Rapture did actually happen on one of the many occasions it's been predicted (often in September for some reason) and you were one of those left behind with all us bad atheists?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Colser wrote: »
    Just spirits .

Homer no function well beer without

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Personal ambition is a sin (not a virtue) but working for the good of others is inspired by love and it is the basis for the greatest achievements of mankind.

It's for the love of the group, just look at it like a group hug....
    We're Pagan, mostly single horny group of attractive looking people who are inspired by sharing the love....

Think of it like, let's offer each other a sign of peace.... peace be with you and also with you...

But ours is more loving that a flimsy handshake with a neighbor you despise.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

There will not be biscuits...there will be pizza...with pineapple!

<dramatic music; DUN DUN DAHHHH!>

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The voices in my head say that Monday October 30 will NOT prove historically significant :p

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Are you the guy who has been "predicting" a massive economic crash of the worlds banks/economies for the last few years or am i thinking of someone else?

(Apologies if it's not you)

Yeah, it's him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Kinda hope there is a rapture... I've work on Tuesday and I don't want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Monday, Oct 30th dawns. I have a slight twinge in my left knee this morning: could this be The Beginning?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I put the clock back two hours by accident, so I'll be fine.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

October 30th continues. Kevin Spacey has come out as gay, following allegations of a sexual assault 30 years ago. How much more terrible news will this day bring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

My bin wasn't collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I'm in France, so an hour ahead. If anything happens I will try to give you a heads up, assuming, of course, I am not so badly affected by the non-event that I can't type.

Hang in there brethern (and whatever the female equivalent of brethren is).

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

My bin wasn't collected.

Actually folks, there may be something going on... We have run out of butter and Weetabix, which means there is effectively nothing for me to have for breakfast. Sh1t. This might be it.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,123 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

MrPudding wrote: »
    I'm in France, so an hour ahead. If anything happens I will try to give you a heads up, assuming, of course, I am not so badly affected by the non-event that I can't type.
    We're way ahead of you in Australia. So far, so good. Touch wood!
    Hang in there brethern (and whatever the female equivalent of brethren is).
    Sistren, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I opened the thread thinking it was about some welcome piece of legislation in Ireland, it's a bit of a let down.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Peregrinus wrote: »

Probably sounded too like cistern for the more genteel lady-folk so the dropped it in favour of siterhood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,429 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Well apart from a stubbed toe this morning alls well here in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

No change to life here in the sunny south east...left behind again! *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

OP, I think you may have posted in the wrong forum. This is the Atheisism & Agnosticism forum. If there's an Accounting & Auditing forum you might be better posting there. Every day is a day of reckoning for accountants & auditors.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

We have run out of butter and Weetabix, which means there is effectively nothing for me to have for breakfast.

What kind of sicko puts butter on their weetabix!?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

What kind of sicko puts butter on their weetabix!?

From the forum that brought us pineapple on a pizza nothing would surprise me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

smacl wrote: »
    From the forum that brought us pineapple on a pizza nothing would surprise me

Hey hey now, lay off the pinezzas.
    We are many but we have not yet achieved political influence level.

....one day though....one day...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Maybe the rapture happened while we slept and we are currently in hell?

Conditions are quite mild, not what I was expecting/hoping for.

Advertisement