Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That's concerning. Can you log into the account itself? Did you get an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭rodders999

Got the email about the price increase but nothing else. My 6 month Turgame vouchers run out in the next few weeks - all good to load up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

No issues here, paying with Revolut virtual card

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

To those having payment issues or cancelled accounts...

Is your Netflix account a Turkish account from beginning or was it cancelled, lapsed Irish account renewed under Turkish prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Account was 11/12 years old, originally set up in Ireland. I moved to Spain about 8 years ago and account changed to there. Been paying out of Turkey for about 4/5 years at least, including one renewal where I went through the fake Turkish phone number etc.

Anyway, was onto their chat. They say account appears to have been cancelled due to suspicious transactions. Payment went through January 15th. They say they can't refund it and I need to go to my bank to get it back. No help whatsoever. No warning, no email. Monthly charge processed as normal.

Asked for transcript at end of my chat to be sent to my email (automatic process). No bother etc I'm told. No sign of email. Bizarre.

Post edited by EagererBeaver on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

I have been using an Argentina account for ages without issue.

Even though I was recently charged and can login etc I can't watch anything without being brought to the update payment details screen.

I have tried updating my card details and with a new card and in each case I am getting an error or needing to input a argentina phone number.

I've tried 5sim (can't top up) and pingme (doesn't go through on the netflix side) so am getting nowhere.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭bren2001

Switch to Turkish account and load with vouchers from turgame. I gave up trying to get Argentina to work when my card expired. You can export your account to turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

How do I change the account to Turkey? I can't see any option to change location or anything like that.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭bren2001

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Just got email about price increase to €5.37.. I remember when it first started it was €2 🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I’ve a few spots on my account if anyone wants in, ideally I’d like to split 3 ways, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Think this is what happened me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NetflixViaVPN/s/TCZvLblANV

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

From 23 February 2024, the Premium plan price will change and your monthly price will be updated to TL 229.99.

That's about €7 per month still a third of the Irish price. Big selling point here is so far they haven't had a password sharing crackdown

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭feargantae

The new Turkish prices.

Basic: 119.99 TRY/month up from 99.99 (now €3.64)

Standard: 176.99 TRY/month up from 149.99 (now €5.37)

Premium: 229.99 TRY/month up from 199.99 (now €6.98)

Didn't think it'd be worth Netflixs while to increase the price by 60c! (20TRY) but sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Netflix have fueled the Turkish inflationary saga and jumped on the band wagon, below are the prices I've been paying for the past number of years for their Standard plan. Thankfully for us converting the payments to EUR the pain hasn't been as dramatic:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

My first payment Nov 2019 41.99TL/ €6.69

Latest payment 199.99TL/€6.12

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

Edit: duplicate

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

Hi, do you still have a spot and how much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I don’t have any left, sorry .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

My Turkish account is on hold. Can’t get a Turkish number or add funds to 5sim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Ye should probably move to Turkey every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

I wonder are we due a Turkish devaluing soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Payment came from account without issue again this month.

YEs, the price is due another raise next month, but still worth it for the time being.

I think I was paying €10 back in 2013, so the Turkish offer is still a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭furiousox

Just topped up with a gift card today for another month.

No issue so far.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gonzole

Have some spots left on my Netflix account, was sharing with family members previously, mentioning it before the keyboard warriors attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Payment went out today, no issues. Got the price increase email today as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Unfortunately my turkish family has recently split up and the kids are hounding me. If any regular boardsies have a space available/coming available in their family can you PM me? TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭scrotist

My Revolut card is expiring and I pay for Turkish Netflix with that.

What's the best way to update my card details to the new card?

Do I need a VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Got the notification for price increase 199.99TRY and going up to 229.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

That's less than a euro? Still a great deal and probably the best available?

Advertisement