Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Ok, don't shoot me. I have Mexico on revolut. I have a curve account if needed. I am mid-way through my Mexico month. What are the steps to change to Argentina?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

paska wrote: »
    Ok, don't shoot me. I have Mexico on revolut. I have a curve account if needed. I am mid-way through my Mexico month. What are the steps to change to Argentina?

Why would you want to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

paska wrote: »

Don't do that - the tax doubled the price (almost)
    Go to Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Hi all,

New to this forum as not getting any answers over at reddit. So I'm from the UK, last month I managed to renew my netflix using speedify vpn and paying in turkish lira. However it looks like netflix has clocked on as they have cancelled my automatic renewal as when I login into my account it asks me to subscribe again, so I used speedify again and it changed to turkish lira, when I select a plan and it asks for my debit card details, it says something is wrong with my card, so I tried my credit card and same thing so it looks like netflix have managed to stop me paying with my card using a vpn. So is there another workaround I can do anyone please?

samboy08 wrote: »
    Hi all,

New to this forum as not getting any answers over at reddit. So I'm from the UK, last month I managed to renew my netflix using speedify vpn and paying in turkish lira. However it looks like netflix has clocked on as they have cancelled my automatic renewal as when I login into my account it asks me to subscribe again, so I used speedify again and it changed to turkish lira, when I select a plan and it asks for my debit card details, it says something is wrong with my card, so I tried my credit card and same thing so it looks like netflix have managed to stop me paying with my card using a vpn. So is there another workaround I can do anyone please?

Welcome to boards

Try a Curve card as outlined in these steps
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115016128&postcount=3288

• Advertisement

Thank you frash, I have just ordered my curve card and will have to wait for it to arrive in the post, do you reckon I can still still try with the card details supplied in the app? Or will i have to wait till I have physically received the card and activated it.

Tried it and still says problem with card but I haven't activated it within the app yet, I don't want to either till the card arrives as could fall into the wrong hands! So I will try again in a few days...

frash wrote: »
    THIS WORKED!!! :D

The trick I missed in previous attempts was to change the card I want to pay from Turkey with before I cancel my Irish sub.

Steps for anyone who is still stuck
    1. Assumes you are paying in Ireland with an Irish credit card
    2. When still an active member, change your payment method from your Irish card to a Curve card (mine is linked to my Revolut Card)
    3. Cancel your sub
    4. Wait until the day after it expires & "Go to Turkey" (I used VPNUnlimited)
    5. Restart your membership

Just paid €4.54 for the top package of 4 screens

So my method might not work then as I am already expired, I might just pay £11.99 now for one month with my debit card then change payment method while I'm still active then cancel then renew with vpn in turkey like how you explained.

Or do you reckon it will work straight up with a curve card? Which i cannot try yet until I receive in the post and activate the card within the app.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i signed up to curve a couple of days ago and joined netflix for someone straight away without issue, dont forget to add the details to your uk account for a month first and then move abroad to wherever you decide

That makes sense! So does the curve card fool netflix into thinking you have moved abroad then? If netflix can suspect with your UK bank card that you are still in the UK, can they not also do that with curve?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

I am getting prices on US dollars despite VPN?

😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

Just paid with turkish €4.20 for everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I cancelled mine last month and account has now expired since 00:01 this morning. So I’m at the stage where I sign in and ask to select plan, only showing USD prices. I am connected to Turkish VPN using NORDVPN.

Do I have to wait a full 24hrs after account has expired before seeing the Turkish price?

Same

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    I cancelled mine last month and account has now expired since 00:01 this morning. So I’m at the stage where I sign in and ask to select plan, only showing USD prices. I am connected to Turkish VPN using NORDVPN.

Do I have to wait a full 24hrs after account has expired before seeing the Turkish price?

Are you sure you're in Turkish VPN? Try incognito mode too in case there is a residual cookie?

dulpit wrote: »
    Are you sure you're in Turkish VPN? Try incognito mode too in case there is a residual cookie?

Yeah I am, checked my ip cleared history and cookies also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Try using a different vpn. I think I had same issue with nord before.

Ok getting turkish prices now using Hola!! Glad I paid for NORDVPN!

Anyway, what’s the crack with Revolut now, not taking card like before. What’s the best process to get account to accept Revolut? Don’t want to sign up for curve

Has anyone been able to use Tevokut recently when signing up? What was yous process?

Signed up for curve! Went to sign up with Irish debit card (KBC) and again, something went wrong, vpn off, cookies and history cleared and app restarted!!

Any ideas. I take it I sign up with Irish account with KBC card, when signed up, change payment method to curve and then cancel membership. When it finishes just renew membership while connected to Turkish VPN and it should renew taking the money out of my Revolut account that’s linked to my curve account

I take it I sign up with Irish account with KBC card, when signed up, change payment method to curve and then cancel membership. When it finishes just renew membership while connected to Turkish VPN and it should renew taking the money out of my Revolut account that’s linked to my curve account

Exactly this ^^

frash wrote: »
    Exactly this ^^

Jesus, I wish I hadn’t started now!! Won’t accept a BOI CC, KBC Debit card!! “Sorry something went wrong, please try again later”.

I’ve cleared cookies, tried incognito,! So now I can’t even renew my membership 😫😫

Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Jesus, I wish I hadn’t started now!! Won’t accept a BOI CC, KBC Debit card!! “Sorry something went wrong, please try again later”.

I’ve cleared cookies, tried incognito,! So now I can’t even renew my membership 😫😫

Any ideas?

Happened to me too, remove your email address from your account and create a new netflix account with the same email address or make a new email address up then it will accept your debit card then try again with the curve card when you cancel and renew.

managed to change email by going to netflix.com/youraccount so i've changed it back to my original email again and now have been able to setup Netflix with KBC account.

I've just tried to add in my curve card as I just activated it and it saying something went wrong please try again!!!

The card won't be here until 12/11 but I take it I can still use it online with card details? I am new to Curve I take it that I just have to have the revolut card ready to use for transactions in the wallet. I have money in revolut.

Anyone had this issue?

managed to change email by going to netflix.com/youraccount so i've changed it back to my original email again and now have been able to setup Netflix with KBC account.

I've just tried to add in my curve card as I just activated it and it saying something went wrong please try again!!!

The card won't be here until 12/11 but I take it I can still use it online with card details? I am new to Curve I take it that I just have to have the revolut card ready to use for transactions in the wallet. I have money in revolut.

Anyone had this issue?

Try adding it tomorrow. Netflix said to me in live chat before that too many requests put you on a cooldown for 13 hours on their payment system.

Also need to make sure your debit card is attached to your curve account for it to be able to take money.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

If you're using Curve, you can link your Irish debit/credit card directly to it and Curve will handle the FX. There's no need to involve Revolut too but you can if you really want to. You'll get the same fee-free FX with Curve as you would with Revolut.

I would prefer to use my Revolut for it so have linked my Revolut in Curve. Will try add it again tomorrow.

Revolut appears to have worked for me

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Tried swapping to Turkish today. Said there was a problem with the curve card that was already on my account and wouldn't let me sign up

So was unable to update Card details again today, Got onto Netflix chat. I asked them to update payment details, they said that they could only do CC. So I just said that my card (Curve) was a credit card (Never mentioned Curve).

They added it successfully. Just see a €1 charge from Curve on Revolut, so it's working.

Going to cancel sub now and Join Turkish Netflix on next billing date on 2/12/20

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Anyone got a Turkish phone number? ;)
    All the online virtual number providers I've tried have been awful, russian or both!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I used to have my Netflix through Sky so they don’t have any payment information for me. Sky is now cancelled so Netflix doesn’t work anymore.

What should I do to sign up through Turkey? Wait a month after the cancellation date or do it now?

Advertisement