Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White Pines Rathfarnham

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

New Tesco store is open now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭fat bloke

FFS. For 20 years we've been promised a village centre behind dilapidated hoardings, and what do we get - a fcukin Tesco.

No cafe? No bar? No other shops? No community centre? Tesco is far as imagination stretches for public or community amenities.

What a load of b0ll0x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Who promised you all that? And you sure as sh1t arent living in White Pines for 20 years. There's plenty of places in spitting distance, what exactly are you looking for??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Wow I hope you're my neighbour, you sound like a lovely fella. Enjoy your Easter eggs 3 for 5 euro. On just such a bedrock are communities made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Having a Tesco is better than Dunnes/Supervalu but I think I'll still just go to the Lidl for picking up bits and pieces. It's pretty small and more like the Tesco express I used to frequent when I lived in Terenure village. Really would've preferred an Aldi but possibly too small for their shop template. I guess people who shopped in Tesco's already will be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eastindian

Hi there, looking to buy on White Pines drive. The house I am looking at next to M50. Wondering if there is a lot of noise issues inside the house? Also has there been much problem from the residents of the nearby halting site and also any antisocial behavior? any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Hi - @youcancallmeal , @pauleoin - any responses as existing residents or living nearby wpuld be highly appreciated

I'm nearby and I also know someone with a young family living in White Pines. I understand there was some hassle initially with break ins but haven't heard of any issues since then. I have heard that kids from the halting site have been tormenting the staff in the new Tesco so in a strangely good way it's stopped them from causing hassle in White Pines perhaps

Thanks @youcancallmeal for your response. Appreciate it. Do you know if there are M50 noise issues in the area?

• Advertisement

I'm about 700 meters as the crow flies away from the m50 and I can't hear anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

If you can afford Woodstown I'd move there instead. Too many social housing in Whitepines and that bloody halting site is a nightmare, every time I walk around there the little **** are up to no good. Living in Ballycullen myself, not too bad either but halting site issues as well, a bit of a nuisance to the local Spar

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dublin_shed

Is Woodstown really a better estate to live in? I had viewed a property in WP but it went sale agreed while I was still undecided. Like EastIndian, the noise from the M50 put me off somewhat. I’d be worried you would hear it in the house. Estate looks nice with all the green areas though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,911 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

If you can afford Woodstown I'd buy there simply for the ease of access to the M50. Woodstown basically has right of way onto that roundabout in the morning, to the detriment of everyone else higher up the Ballycullen Road and their residents' association has been fighting tooth and nail - successfully - for years to keep it that way. It can take well over 20 minutes to get down the Ballycullen Road to Colmcille's way in the mornings. That roundabout really needs to be changed to a light-controlled four-way junction but the WRA have lobbied hard against it for a long, long time.

Tbh, what's really needed is another M50 interchange between 12 and 13, but that's never going to happen.

Post edited by Dial Hard on

Advertisement