Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster v Leinster Build up thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

How?

Honestly, I invite you to go through the catalogue of Dave Kearney fu*k ups and go right ahead and post it up.

This isn't one of them ffs.

When he catches the ball Piatau is about five metres in from him. Any international class winger should be going for the corner there and it should take a great effort from Piatau to stop him. Anyway didn't mean to hijack the thread so will leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

ClanofLams wrote: »
    It wasn't at his mercy but he should have done a hell of a lot better.

If he'd stayed and gone for the outside, he'd most likely have been pushed into touch by Piutau. Coming back inside to support kept things alive for another phase. Absolutely the right call. Cheap shot at him to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,223 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Great to see Strauss back.

Swan Curry wrote: »
    you are getting far too mad about this

I don't think so. The nonsense thrown at the Kearneys is pretty appalling to be honest.

Dave was a surprise inclusion for everyone but it doesn't justify just having a go for absolutely no reason. He's having a grand albeit unremarkable game, same as all the other Ireland squad wingers this weekend.

• Administrators Posts: 54,109 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We are clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Leinster not having to do very much here. Just waiting for Ulster to make the mistakes. Pretty awful to watch.

Great thinking by McGrath.....pin them back. No sweat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The difference that McGrath makes over JGP is huge.

awec wrote: »
    We are clueless.

You are playing well where you should be poor and poor where you should be doing well.

Luke McGrath and Ross Byrne probably the difference, just so much more composed and making better decisions. Still all there for Ulster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Ulster did well to keep Leinster to only 5 points while Kearney was in the bin.

• Advertisement

I think Ferris is going to cry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

There is no rugby team in the world at every age group and level that have more unforced errors in a match than Ulster.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's like watching May McFettridge versus Agnes Browne in fight. And even less funny if that were somehow possible.

Ulster have been awful this half. Not just the handling and setpiece errors, but also their phase play. That passage summed up where they're at. No players to get over the gain line so they go side to side making little to no ground. Then having to rely on Piutau for a moment of magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

There's still a BP in this for Leinster if they stop the Hollywood stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Storm Ophelia, Storm Brian, Ulster lineout. Lots of disasters in Ireland recently.

It's not about having a better squad or better players. If you have 20 -30 errors in a game you will win fcuk all.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Storm Ophelia, Storm Brian, Ulster lineout. Lots of disasters in Ireland recently.

I cant remember a lineout so disfunctional. From a professional team it is unbelievable.

Clegg wrote: »
    Ulster have been awful this half. Not just the handling and setpiece errors, but also their phase play. That passage summed up where they're at. No players to get over the gain line so they go side to side making little to no ground. Then having to rely on Piutau for a moment of magic.

They don't have the carriers to break Leinster down and they got nothing early on from kicking to our back three with Rob Kearney marshalling the space.

It's a lack of options more than anything else. Leinster benefit so much having Kearney senior on the pitch at times.

• Advertisement

Marsh on for 2 minutes......not mad about that sort of thing.

Luke again......he is really reliable in those situations.

I cant remember a lineout so disfunctional. From a professional team it is unbelievable.

It's Ulster...it's perfectly believable.

Hurry TFU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

BBC NI clueless once again. It is a penalty and Leinster called a scrum. Maybe if they shut up for 5 seconds they'd hear the ref.

If you were picking based on this season alone, Luke McGrath would be first choice scrumhalf for Ireland.

• Advertisement

Knocked it on in the pickup though...........

If you were picking based on this season alone, Luke McGrath would be first choice scrumhalf for Ireland.

If you were picking on this season alone the entire Ireland team would look different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

He keeps improving every game imo. Great strength for someone his size and a fearless tackler. His pass has really come on this year. Should be Ireland No. 2 very soon

Pure and utter shìte.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

don't think this result is a shock to anybody. It was always a matter of how much

• Advertisement

Feckin eijet that was on inside ..maybe

Best team won. Yet more questions to be asked of Ulster. Dreadful, and not much of it can be put down to a rookie 9.

Despite the performance I thought Reidy, Stockdale and McCloskey were quality.

Best creaking very badly, Tracy far better and actually had quite a Best'ish performance with his breakdown work.

Splendid by Leinster.

Great game for SOB I thought. Byrne good at 10. Forwards win games like this......and they did it again. Their midfield was excellent, bt we got away with that. I thought Ah You had a great game....a new man.

Who got MOTM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,371 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Captain O'Brien MOTM. A clinical performance if not spectacular. Didnt have to be (unfortunately for Ulster)

Blue is the colour..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Absolutely dire from Ulster, you would think that their forwards had never seen a lineout before let alone taken part in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Despite the performance I thought Reidy, Stockdale and McCloskey were quality.

Best creaking very badly, Tracy far better and actually had quite a Best'ish performance with his breakdown work.

Easterby has work to do next few weeks with irish lineout

McGrath made a big difference when he came on. He is in the equation for the 21 shirt IMO. Healy is getting back to the player of old.

Conan had a couple of big carries in the last few minutes, one off the back of the scrum in the lead up to the 3rd try.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

vienne86 wrote: »
    Splendid by Leinster.

Great game for SOB I thought. Byrne good at 10. Forwards win games like this......and they did it again. Their midfield was excellent, bt we got away with that. I thought Ah You had a great game....a new man.

Who got MOTM?
    It really wan't splendid but it honestly didn't need to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Luke McGrath has really come on in the last 12 months. Clearly a better 9 than JGP and imo better than Marmion. Should have the Irish 21 shirt.

• Advertisement

It really wan't splendid but it honestly didn't need to be

No it didn't need to be at all - good tactics by Leinster. Delighted with the four points and delighted that SOB got MOTM.

One of the best supported teams in the world. They deserve better than that against local rivals. Ulster need to match their reputation soon.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Captain O'Brien MOTM. A clinical performance if not spectacular. Didnt have to be (unfortunately for Ulster)

He made absolute sh!t of the breakdown and handsomely shored up a faltering mid field.

Also brought a high level of intensity that infected those around him.

Easily the most influential player on the pitch after Ryan went off.

Zico wrote: »
    One of the best supported teams in the world. They deserve better than that against local rivals. Ulster need to match their reputation soon.

Is that still a thing? Ask any coach beyond this island and it wouldnt cause them concern

Having watched Jonno Gibbes work his magic at Leinster for that purple patch, i cant believe how poor they are from 1-8

He made absolute sh!t of the breakdown and handsomely shored up a faltering mid field.

Also brought a high level of intensity that infected those around him.

Easily the most influential player on the pitch after Ryan went off.

I shouldve changed paragraph, I meant the team rather than SOB, he was indeed imperious.

I shouldve changed paragraph, I meant the team rather than SOB, he was indeed imperious.

No worries my man, re reading your post I should have figured what you were saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Blue is the colour..

Rugby is the game

Kiss' tactical plan to rest players in the La Rochelle game for this evening backfired badly. Hammered in both games. Ulster look dreadful.

Is that still a thing? Ask any coach beyond this island and it wouldnt cause them concern

Having watched Jonno Gibbes work his magic at Leinster for that purple patch, i cant believe how poor they are from 1-8

Something is definitely not right. Les Kiss might get the bullet and then we'll see what Jonno Gibbes can do on his own,

..which is what a lot of people are waiting for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Something is definitely not right. Les Kiss might get the bullet and then we'll see what Jonno Gibbes can do on his own,

..which is what a lot of people are waiting for.

And what happens when the same issues reoccur? Sack Gibbes, blame Nucifora and repeat the process again?

Advertisement