Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MATCH THREAD: Glasgow vs Leinster; Scotstoun Sat 21st Oct 13:00; SS Action

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Brilliant from Reid.

BP for Leinster.

Looking like serious contenders now this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Sweet 5 points

Fantastic stuff, that's hugely important.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭crisco10

Eh I'd be raging to concede that try in a game of tag!! Soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

YES!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Nice dive from Hogg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Awesome result

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Clegg wrote: »
    Bonus point win against Glasgow.

****en brilliant.

A smash and grab playing badly, we'll take it.

Our defence is poor but Glasgow have had no luck, we couldn't have coped with those injuries. We'll ride our luck and target our work-ons, great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Good call on MoM. Rhys was excellent

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Last year 20 points was enough for a home quarter. To be half way there after two weeks is a great thing. If we can top our group we should be at home for the quarter.

• Advertisement

Deserved motm for Ruddock.

He's been in excellent form this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

If you'd told me we'd have 10 points after the first two games I'd have laughed at you. Great stuff.

Sexton or Ruddock motm for me, Sexton was critical today for his defensive work in mid field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Brill result for Leinster

• Subscribers Posts: 41,078 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Great possibility now to cement a home quarters....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Great result :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭A-Train

Get result get in, delighted with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Glasgow won't care in Round 5 so that's 15 points in the bag with Exeter x2 and Montpellier away to come.

I was just saying to my mate this morning we needed one win away and I thought we would get it in Exerter because we are dodgy in Glasgow, happy to eat my words

Glasgow won't care in Round 5 so that's 15 points in the bag with Exeter x2 and Montpellier away to come.

Maybe but we'll see - still an awful lot of rugby to go, no easy games in this pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭swiwi_

That’s a Leinster fan’s wet dream of a start: 10 points in the bag but still areas to improve, namely defence and you need better strike options on the wings. Ringrose back and add Lowe (which also gives a left boot option) and its looking promising. Hooker is the main weakness in the pack on a down note: throwing straight proving a bit challenging again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Great result in spite of horrible defence. I also hate to mention the referee but his interpretation of the breakdown was poor, as well as no yellow card for Horn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

swiwi_ wrote: »
    That’s a Leinster fan’s wet dream of a start: 10 points in the bag but still areas to improve, namely defence and you need better strike options on the wings. Ringrose back and add Lowe (which also gives a left boot option) and its looking promising. Hooker is the main weakness in the pack on a down note: throwing straight proving a bit challenging again.

Thowing straight always a problem for leinster hookers

Fitz looks like he's enjoying retirement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Why not..

Getting paid to watch rugby, why wouldn't you be happy?

I think it was ROG saying on podcast about how great it was doing the 6N as he would be watching the game anyway so getting paid to watch it was great :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Great result but lots of areas need improving. Glasgow walked thru Leinster at times today. I thought Cronins throwing was good and the line out malfunctioned after he went off. Still think Montpellier are going to chase us down all the way. Really need Glasgow or Exeter to takes points off them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If Exeter go and beat Montpellier tomorrow you'd expect Glasgow to be able to get the two wins against them in their back to back games.

If that happens Glasgow would still be alive in the comp come round 5.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

molloyjh wrote: »

Leinster by 2.

You nailed that :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

irishfan9 wrote: »
    Leinster defense is shocking.

A TBP win away from home against a good Glasgow side while missing a number of experienced players and not playing at our best is a positive result. Yet all you can offer is complaints about our defence and our hooker. Is there any chance of a positive comment?

Advertisement