Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Survivor Series 2017 - Spoilers

Options
  • 14-10-2017 9:58am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well any interest I had in watching Survivor Series went right down the toilet.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Figured may as well start this thread since Meltzer has started discussing what the main event will be.

Meltzer is sayi the current plan is Jinder vs Brock in a nontitle champ vs champ match :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Angron wrote: »
    Well any interest I had in watching Survivor Series went right down the toilet.

???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

MrMac84 wrote: »
    ???

There was a post here a few mins ago about plans for Lesnar. Seems to have been deleted

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Figured may as well start this thread since Meltzer has started discussing what the main event will be.

Meltzer is sayi the current plan is Jinder vs Brock in a nontitle champ vs champ match :(

Don't think anyone would greet that news positively. It'd mean 2 ppvs in a row where the Universal title wouldn't be defended though and I Can't imagine Brock wanting to put Jinder over in any way whatsoever. Instead if that happens SD would just look bad as a result with him spending 5mins killing the Singhs before defeating Mahal.

They would probably have SD go over in a Team SD vs Team Raw SS match to compensate but i'd worry such matches might just mean that even more titles would not be defended at SS.

That said given the Uso's and New Days recent interaction and there being no SD PPV till then I wouldn't be surprised with a SD vs Raw tag divisions match with New Day & The Usos teaming up to represent SD

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

And now I look silly :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Lesnar vs Jinder.

This could easily go down as one of WWE's worst years. It's been terrible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Don't think anyone would greet that news positively. It'd mean 2 ppvs in a row where the Universal title wouldn't be defended though and I Can't imagine Brock wanting to put Jinder over in any way whatsoever. Instead if that happens SD would just look bad as a result with him spending 5mins killing the Singhs before defeating Mahal.

They would probably have SD go over in a Team SD vs Team Raw SS match to compensate but i'd worry such matches might just mean that even more titles would not be defended at SS.

That said given the Uso's and New Days recent interaction and there being no SD PPV till then I wouldn't be surprised with a SD vs Raw tag divisions match with New Day & The Usos teaming up to represent SD

I fear the match will be a dud. Brock can have really enjoyable matches when he looks bothered (like against Joe, or the RR triple threat), but when he's just going through the motions like against Dean or Braun it's fairly boring. Jinder on the other hand, I don't think I've seen anything from him that goes above "Eh, it's fine". Doesn't fill me with confidence.

I do see your point on the tag match, it does look like they are working towards having a SD tag team vs Raw tag team match, at least from the Usos and New Day interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

SD women vs Raw women as well?

NewDay/Usos vs Shield/Bar could actually be a really great match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Champ V Champ could be a good match if the 2 guys really were the top 2 guys on their brand

But the beast who's beaten how many of the top guys in WWE against someone who hasn't won a clean match..........ever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So we're not getting Balor vs Brock

I'll watch the PPV anyway no matter what matches are in on the card

Champ V Champ could be a good match if the 2 guys really were the top 2 guys on their brand

But the beast who's beaten how many of the top guys in WWE against someone who hasn't won a clean match..........ever?

And now you realise that this line of thinking could actually see Jinder win somehow. Cause Vince loves a "twist"....

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Even a dirty win for Jinder I can't see happen, Brock knows Jinder is dead in the water and no Roman Reigns treatment will get him over, in America/Europe or India.
    Their gamble failed, and I understand keeping him the Champ until after their Indian tour, but I would hope that come New Year, he will loose the title to preferably Nakamura or Styles. If He goes into Wrestlmania as champion, I'd be highly disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

And now you realise that this line of thinking could actually see Jinder win somehow. Cause Vince loves a "twist"....

You could well be right but theres no chance in hell it happens clean, surely

Maybe by someone interfering whos going to challenge Brock next

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

so how many days since the title will have been defended by then? time to strip him of the title :P

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Give KO his title rematch against Brock

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

People saying Brock wont job to Jinder.

If Vinces pays him accordingly, Brock will do what hes asked. Brock likes money

beakerjoe wrote: »

Oh Brock will do whatever gets him the cash and im sure if Vince tells him to make Jinder look great he will but I can't imagine WWE ever putting Jinder (as apposed to say Roman at Mania) as the guy to defeat Brock and would think most people are more so suggesting that Brock will give him the Dean Ambrose treatment and not the Samoa Joe treatment if it's up to him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »

He won’t need to job it’ll end in a DQ. This is literally one of the worst champion versus champion matches they could offer up at Survivor Series.

TLC isn’t offering much either other than the main event which will no doubt be a spotfest.

I think it’s finally time to cancel the network

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It will be Brock flinging the Singh bros around after they get Jinder DQ'd.

Really, its not what the PPV will be sold on. Its going to be about the Survivor Series match which is the point of the PPV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

DM_7 wrote: »
    It will be Brock flinging the Singh bros around after they get Jinder DQ'd.

Really, its not what the PPV will be sold on. Its going to be about the Survivor Series match which is the point of the PPV.

I wonder will it take the same format as last year. Last years SS tag matches all exceeded expectaions.

It's all gone very quiet on the Horsewoman vs Horsewoman feud

Give us Brock vs Angle now. NOBODY ON EARTH wants to see Jinder vs Brock. Nobody.

Give us Brock vs Angle now. NOBODY ON EARTH wants to see Jinder vs Brock. Nobody.

Jesus, no. The idea of Kurt, who can barely turn his neck, being german duplexes even once has me cringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Honestly have no intrest in brock in any match right now. He just looks liks he doesnt care anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote:
    Honestly have no interest in brock in any match right now. He just looks liks he doesnt care anymore.

I can't believe some people thought his match with Joe was very good honestly it was far worse than both the Goldberg ones :pac:

I laughed so much when John Pollock describes Brock vs Jinder with the tagline 'it is what it is'. Summed it up perfectly for me.

Jesus, no. The idea of Kurt, who can barely turn his neck, being german duplexes even once has me cringing.

stylish-duplex-german-village-beautiful-country-house-alpine-style-constructing-design-building-concept-48993377.jpg

I dunno, I think it might suit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

In following up on our reporting of Survivor Series plans, PWInsider.com has confirmed the following additional matches for the 11/19 PPV:

*WWE Intercontinental champion The Miz vs. WWE United States champion Baron Corbin.

*WWE Raw Tag Team champions Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose vs. WWE Smackdown Tag Team champions The Uso's

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ERG89 wrote: »
    In following up on our reporting of Survivor Series plans, PWInsider.com has confirmed the following additional matches for the 11/19 PPV:

*WWE Intercontinental champion The Miz vs. WWE United States champion Baron Corbin.

*WWE Raw Tag Team champions Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose vs. WWE Smackdown Tag Team champions The Uso's

Whats the point of the PPV titled Clash of Champions that follows Survivor Series ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there any traditional elimination SS matches?

Advertisement