Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be very careful when booking with eDreams

Options
  • 09-10-2017 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I booked a flight to Oz months ago with eDreams after much deliberation and scouring (I thought) the fine print and flight details. My flight is in the next week and suddenly I notice while looking through my confirmation emails that my first flight is from Dublin to London Gatwick and my connecting flight to Australia via China is from London Heathrow?!?? The connection time is too short a window to chance my arm trying to get from Gatwick to Heathrow.

I ring eDreams and obviously they're no help, so I end up paying 200 euro to change my first flight.

Good thing I realised now and not in a week's time when I would have arrived into Gatwick needing to be in Heathrow in two and a half hours.

Moral of the story, don't book with these companies and if you do READ AND REREAD EVERYTHING AGAIN AND AGAIN! Feel like a right eejit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What? You didn’t read the itinerary correctly and it’s their fault. Jog on, nothing to see here.

Welcome to boards by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2 elbandito

vicwatson wrote: »
    What? You didn’t read the itinerary correctly and it’s their fault. Jog on, nothing to see here.

Welcome to boards by the way

Nah mate. Definitely my fault for not reading the itinerary correctly, just posting to let people know if they search boards (like I did) before using eDreams.

Would have been caught out worse though had I not realised, because the time between arriving to London and the next flight (from a different airport) would not be long enough to get from Gatwick to Heathrow, check in etc.

Don't make my mistake, that's all.

Advertisement