Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

book on knowing what to say / converse

• 05-10-2017 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

hey all
    i have never admitted to being a silver tongued devil , but some times in life i just dont know what to say to a person in a conversation and i end up just laughing as appose to saying something intelligent or using a clever saying or being funny

is there any book recommendations on this topic ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

It depends on your objectives really. A good place to start is a well known book called "How to win friend and influence people"

There are specific books about how to make conversation and how to make small talk but to my mind, this is one of the best books out there because it's about more than just talking to people.

One tip: people love to think that others are interested in them and what they have to say. If you listen to people and ask questions, or look for more detail about what they are talking about, they tend to like you more... That's not a hard and fast rule but if you can't think of something to say, ask a question. That way people will at least remember you were there and said something.

Advertisement