Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Change of career

Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ dto001

How's it goin lads,

Just considering my options. I'm getting sick of the bulls*@t at sea/offshore at the moment and have been thinking recently of coming ashore but I'm not sure what options are there? I have a chief engineers ticket. Appreciate any advice.
    Cheers

Comments

• I've come across a few ex chiefs slot into facilities management in factories. Pharmaceutical specifically. You could do some research on that path.

• dto001 wrote: »
    How's it goin lads,

Just considering my options. I'm getting sick of the bulls*@t at sea/offshore at the moment and have been thinking recently of coming ashore but I'm not sure what options are there? I have a chief engineers ticket. Appreciate any advice.
    Cheers

I assume that you are in the Merchant Marine. Did the military ever interest you as I am sure that some outfits would be glad to have a chief engineer.

• Have met some ex c/e's working in technical departments for Shipowners - not too many based in Ireland but depending on the sort of vessels you've been sailing on you might find such work in Scandinavia or Greece for example.

Advertisement