Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEG Exam as Gaeilge

Options
  • 04-10-2017 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there (apologies if this is the wrong place for me to start the discussion. I wasn't sure what area of boards to post in .
    Has anyone sat the TEG exam to gain access into primary school teaching, and hwo would you compare it in terms of difficulty to the LC.

grmma

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I've taught both for people wanting to do primary teaching. I think the LC is probably easier, but it'll be a pain in the rear end. You'll have to do all the poetry and stories and essays, but if you get in quick you can qualify with 50%, they're changing it for the current TY or 5th years to 60% (or so I've heard). Easy enough to get 50% with the oral and the reading comps. That said, I've spent years giving grinds to people who got into primary teaching with a low grade and they regret not working on their Irish sooner.

The TEG one will be challenging but if you can get through it you'll be much better prepared for the course. The writing pieces are easy enough but the translations can be tricky, depending on your level of Irish.

Advertisement