Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11.0.2 is out already

Options
  • 04-10-2017 6:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Are Apple having a Ryanair moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Oxter wrote: »

What???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,410 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What? Have Apple cancelled thousands of iMessaages or deleted hundreds of apps?

Updates like this are completely normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

11.0 clearly has had a number of issues, but miles away from the issues at Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

murpho999 wrote: »

Updates like this are completely normal.
    2 updates in 2 weeks? That's not normal, if you look back at the release history x.0.2 is an average a month after release (based on the dates on Wiki :) ).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No, x.0.1 updates come much faster. Two small updates in the first 2 weeks has been the norm going back to iOS 7 – usually to fix issues with new iPhones. x.1 updates come a month later, last week of October.

2 updates in 2 weeks? That's not normal, if you look back at the release history x.0.2 is an average a month after release (based on the dates on Wiki :) ).

You should learn to read Wiki again.

ios 10 Released on 13/09/16
    ios 10 0.1 Released on 13/09/16
    ios 10 0.2 Released on 23/09/16
    ios 10 0.3 Released on 17/10/16

ios 9 Released on 16/09/15
    ios 9 0.1 Released on 23/09/15
    ios 9 0.2 Released on 30/09/15

So the pattern is the same. Ryanair comparison is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is anyone else finding the new keyboard really annoying?

On my iPad I apparently have a slight drag down action when typing so a lot of the time when typing from the top line I’m inadvertently typing numbers instead of letters.

Even in this post I’ve had to make two corrections.

adox wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding the new keyboard really annoying?

On my iPad I apparently have a slight drag down action when typing so a lot of the time when typing from the top line I’m inadvertently typing numbers instead of letters.

Even in this post I’ve had to make two corrections.

Find it very useful myself.

I'm well used to it now as I've had it for a few months on Beta and would not want it gone.

I wonder if your typing method will change over time.

You can also disable 'key flicks' in keyboard settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Correct me if i’m wrong , don’t apple release a beta version a few months ahead of official release so that developers can test it out etc , wtf is my 7plus 256 acting like a petulant child since i updated to 11 ?

Apps crashing , not opening , phone itsself goes to a sleep mode were i have to reboot , and light dimmer having a mind of its own , just a few issues to name but more happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Correct me if i’m wrong , don’t apple release a beta version a few months ahead of official release so that developers can test it out etc , wtf is my 7plus 256 acting like a petulant child since i updated to 11 ?

Apps crashing , not opening , phone itsself goes to a sleep mode were i have to reboot , and light dimmer having a mind of its own , just a few issues to name but more happening

iOS Stupidly turns on Auto Brightness a new accessibility feature

you can turn it off in
    Settings
    General
    Accessibility
    Display Accommodations

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Bedtime app has stopped making sound since updating to iOS11. Thought I'd slept through it the first time but being late for work today a second time made me investigate. The thing just comes up 'Alarm' on the screen but makes no sound at all. How do you make that non functional like?!

EDIT: Turns out it's to do with having the phone on silent or not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I updated last week and have found loads of glitches. Updated to the latest version on Wednesday, glitches still there but now my battery is draining like crazy. 10% in less than an hour on standby yesterday. Took it off charge this morning at 7.30 and I’m down to 28%. Phone shuts down between 8-10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

murpho999 wrote: »

You should learn to read Wiki again.

ios 10       Released on 13/09/16
    ios 10 0.1 Released on 13/09/16
    ios 10 0.2 Released on 23/09/16
    ios 10 0.3 Released on 17/10/16

ios 9        Released on 16/09/15
    ios 9 0.1  Released on 23/09/15
    ios 9 0.2  Released on 30/09/15
    I stand corrected, I clearly misread.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,286 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Oxter wrote: »

a Ryanair moment?

What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

lawred2 wrote: »
    a Ryanair moment?

What does that mean?

Who knows? OP thought he was being smart and clever but instead came across as a bit stupid...

Is it possible to roll back to iOS 10?

lawred2 wrote: »
    a Ryanair moment?
    What does that mean?
    Doodah7 wrote: »
    Who knows? OP thought he was being smart and clever but instead came across as a bit stupid...

Ignoring a big problem that's over the horizon. I'd have thought with it being all over the news that people who know what he meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

Frequent updates is a GOOD thing as it means bugs and security issues can be squished quickly. It’s one of the big selling points about iOS as opposed to the various handset makers’ flavors of Android which can be very slow to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Effects wrote: »
    Is it possible to roll back to iOS 10?

No I read Apple stopped signing 10.3.3 the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

flaneur wrote: »
    Frequent updates is a GOOD thing as it means bugs and security issues can be squished quickly. It’s one of the big selling points about iOS as opposed to the various handset makers’ flavors of Android which can be very slow to update.

iOS was bullet proof for me up to and including iOS 7 after that it's been nothing but bugs and glitches, I still love it and as I've used android for a time I found iOS to be less buggy of the two.

Marty Bird wrote: »
    No I read Apple stopped signing 10.3.3 the other day.

So where does this leave me with a severe battery issue. I'm having to fully charge it three times a day since I've updated OS. It was perfectly fine before the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

I don’t have a problem with iOS 11.0.1 which was forced on me when I got and activated my new phone. (I couldn’t continue with the pre installed 11.0).

that said Apple has to get every N.0.0 release out the door based on a marketing driven event and a hardware schedule. Which means it is released with known bugs. Except for the fact I got a new phone I would have waited for 11.1.

That’s the one engineering would release as the first version if it were up to them.

So where does this leave me with a severe battery issue. I'm having to fully charge it three times a day since I've updated OS. It was perfectly fine before the update.

Low power mode should kill background tasks.

Also the new settings panel will show you what is using battery and suggest a solution. Brightness isn’t set automatically anymore. It’s in accessibility.

Edit:

And there’s a lot in accessibility that isn’t strictly just for accessibility. The new smart invert mode is basically a dark mode.

Accessibility has a lot of good stuff. In accessibility->speech->pronouncements you can get your name pronounced correctly. Or tell Siri she is pronouncing it wrong. For those of us with Irish names.

Low power mode should kill background tasks.
    Also the new settings panel will show you what is using battery and suggest a solution. Brightness isn’t set automatically anymore. It’s in accessibility.

It's more than just that. I just took an incoming call, checked battery before I answered and it was at 59%. Call lasted 3 minutes and battery dropped to 43%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

It's more than just that. I just took an incoming call, checked battery before I answered and it was at 59%. Call lasted 3 minutes and battery dropped to 43%.
    There would seem to be something else going on. What does the battery usage in settings say is causing the most drain?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Try a hard reset ( hold down power and home button / power and voldown for 7 or 8 users). This generally kills any rogue battery drain processes I have.

I have had no issues with any of the released versions of iOS 11 on my 7+

Hard reset didn't make any difference. Ive turned off the majority of background refresh for apps. Mail was one of the big ones draining battery it seems. Hopefully it will pick up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

Hard reset didn't make any difference. Ive turned off the majority of background refresh for apps. Mail was one of the big ones draining battery it seems. Hopefully it will pick up now.

I had this issue on my 7+ too. Nothing short of a full factory reset fixed the problem. All working perfect now.

Advertisement