Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodi Powerlifting Belt

Options
  • 01-10-2017 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used a Vodi belt? What are they like? I have an inzer belt forever lever 10mm and it's deadly. Looking for something for my brother but definitely not strengthshop because they're not great, my mate returned his 10mm lever from there because it was very light and too pliable.
    I know Hanley had a Vodi leather lever before he got the sbd but he isn't on here anymore.

My bro doesn't need an inzer or sbd because he's just a beginner. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,562 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I know your mate didn't like the 10mm belt from Strengthshop but I have mine a year and I find it solid enough. Maybe he's lifting a lot more than me but if your brother is a beginner, then I would venture the fact its pliable relative to a fully leather belt isn't an issue. Think they have a 13mm belt as well that would be less pliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

For the beginner I’d say the SS 10mm would be preferable to the Vodi .. the Vodi one is quite stiff.

I use a SBD for squats and a 10mm SS for deads

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

If he's a beginner he probably doesn't need a belt then.
    If he gets serious then its worth investing in an inzer forever or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

If he's a beginner he probably doesn't need a belt then.
    If he gets serious then its worth investing in an inzer forever or similar

Fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,562 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I think I got to about a 1.9xBW squat with my SportsDirect Velcro belt before I invested in a proper belt. Not that that's brilliant but I was a good while training before I moved towards proper beltage

• Advertisement
Advertisement