Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 7 Matchday Thread

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bad, bad weekend, finished on 46, knocking me back to 450k.

Not owning Kane was a killer, but I'm about to rectify that. Wildcard time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Poor week. 57. No returns from Mikhy Eriksen Lacazette Silva.

Was expecting a big drop but only fell 15 places! Might be the smallest increase / decrease I’ve ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

65 and a 500k rise to 1.3m OR. That's 1.7m places gained in 2 weeks!

Disappointing score given that I had 45 after the early game on Saturday but only the 'injured' Phil Jones managed to get more than 3 points for the rest of the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

79 (-4), back up to 316K OR.

Very unstable few weeks, have been yo-yoing up and down the rankings a lot....back in 2nd in my main money league and only 10 points off the top now.

Captain Kane and my defence contributing the bulk of my points.....my midfield sucks...will have to sort that out with wildcard in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

48 points and dropped just under 200k to 629k!

I'm definitely cracking open that wildcard to fix a few issues in my team I ignored over the past month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Back to back 900k rises :o

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Great ball from shelvey, next year will be Liverpools year!!!
    You got the wrong forum.
    Nah, "fantasy sports" sounds the right place for that comment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

59 pts. Up 125k to 518k but it is still irrelevant so early.
    Good GW according to FPL discovery with top10k & overall average almost identical around 50 pts this GW.

Lacazette a useless punt. Bavies a missed opportunity. That's the summary of my GW that could have been way worse had Lukaku not get that late goal.

I feel my team is very poor but it's very hard to build a balanced squad this year. Also players' form vary a lot and very quickly (e.g. Kane home & away though I'm convinced it is episodic so far, Mkhitaryan from MU playmaker to anonymous wanderer, Lacazette with his fine margin between efficiency and square-footed feet (not sure how the French "pieds carrés" can be translated), I could go on for a while, Salah, Alli, Vardy the same...).

It may be a season where pts hits are evil. I mean trusting your team over mid to long term period may prove more benefitial than choping and changing according to recent form and fixtures' favourability.

For example, I thought I was doing it wrong with my Foster/Elliot rotation. In the end I'm 5 pts off the best rotation I could have had and 2 & 3 pts off playing Foster & Elliot respectively for every single game. Jones was another example this GW. And upfront, trying to second guess when premium players will explode is close to impossible.

Shedite27 wrote: »

Nah. No need to be a dick in this forum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Great ball from shelvey, next year will be Liverpools year!!!

MOD: This type of goading is not welcome here. Don't do it again.

MOD: Absolutely no need for that comment. You have been warned in the past about this type of behavior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    Are you telling me he didn't get that goal ???????
    Maybe cos yayas shot was intended for the net :D

Rickie Lambert in that club
    Was a fav of mine until he went to west brom
    Where fantasy football forwards go to die

Speaking of Lambert, he just announced his retirement from football. A great third striker option in his spell with Southampton.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    MOD: Absolutely no need for that comment. You have been warned in the past about this type of behavior.
    Apologies, no more jokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Speaking of Lambert, he just announced his retirement from football. A great third striker option in his spell with Southampton.

He was mention over the weekend as a possible target for Crystal Palace,Sky can be so far off the mark at times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

You have to hand it to Lambert. A player that I always liked and an intelligent player too, but in the grand scheme of things he was just a really ordinary player. As well as he had done at Southampton, it's amazing to think he went on to play for both Liverpool and England a good few times.

Actually can't remember what kind of price he was in those couple of seasons at Southanpton. 6m-7m was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

6-6.5 something like that I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Nice 3rd striker FPL option in his Saints days so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Apologies, no more jokes!

Ah man, myself, Mick and Cedric will be off so. :confused::D

Advertisement