Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Monokne wrote: »
    That was me and I also recommend them. GREAT sound, fantastic battery life, and they last a while. I am on my second pair, got probably a year or so out of my first, and I use my headphones all day and half the night!

Is there much sound isolation with these? Say if you were on a bus how high is the volume needed to drown out background noise etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

franglan wrote: »
    Is there much sound isolation with these? Say if you were on a bus how high is the volume needed to drown out background noise etc.

I would say typical levels you get with decent fitting in ears - it won't be noise cancelling levels or anything close but blocks out a bit, you would still hear bus announcements/train announcements or whatever.

The 11 hour battery life was the big draw for me - a lot of pairs only give you 6-7 which is more of a drag that you might think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

corkie wrote: »
    Announced at approx $35(/€30).

Most people complaining about prices, where looking at gearbest and early listings from aliexpress. Prices seem to now have stabilized at around €35.

As there are not available till the 11th, I don't know how people could be actually reviewing the product yet. No reliable youtuber has feature them yet, probably prevented from doing so until there officially available.

As you known I have the QCY Q29 Pro (and happy with them), that is an updated model. Good price if the site is reliable?

I used a code on dresslilly ,checkout with PayPal

Came up to the final payment screen ,pay xxx

Was charged twice that

Got a refund off PayPal

Another order never arrived

Customer service stinks too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭corkie

Have you a proper non mobile link? I think that price/offer is for a single earpiece?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement

Have you a proper non mobile link? I think that price/offer is for a single earpiece?

I’m only on mobile go google Ali express and type in airdots and go low to high

Ah here they sell them as single pieces also? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I would say typical levels you get with decent fitting in ears - it won't be noise cancelling levels or anything close but blocks out a bit, you would still hear bus announcements/train announcements or whatever.

The 11 hour battery life was the big draw for me - a lot of pairs only give you 6-7 which is more of a drag that you might think.

I manage to hear absolutely nothing when I'm wearing these! Although I listen at very high volume so maybe that's why I experienced them differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

As you known I have the QCY Q29 Pro (and happy with them), that is an updated model. Good price if the site is reliable?

Similar, The QCY T1 are on sale on Geekbuying for €15.82 delivered using code VLWXGBZV or HMAXMTYT
    https://www.geekbuying.com/item/QCY-T1-TWS-Dual-Bluetooth-5-0-Earphones-Black-408809.html

I'm not sure what the difference is, there's little information on their site
    http://www.qcy.com/list/355.html
    I think they are both the T1C, as the T1 has a different case.

€15.37 on Joybuy - https://www.joybuy.com/product/600283297.html

Suckit wrote: »
    Similar, The QCY T1 are on sale on Geekbuying for €15.82 delivered using code VLWXGBZV or HMAXMTYT
    https://www.geekbuying.com/item/QCY-T1-TWS-Dual-Bluetooth-5-0-Earphones-Black-408809.html

I'm not sure what the difference is, there's little information on their site
    http://www.qcy.com/list/355.html
    I think they are both the T1C, as the T1 has a different case.

Looks like same earbuds, just a large 2600mAh case on other T1.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Alpha8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Alpha8 wrote: »

I have those, grand for everyday use and gym.
    Only gripe I'd have is the cable can drag to 1 side if it's not clipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

banie01 wrote: »

Updated version probably worth the extra few bob for aptX codec
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0756T7R5T/ref=psdc_340401031_t2_B01N6DC2ZE

Had this problem with lots of bluetooth earphones where the mic and buttons are on one side, so I snipped an elastic and tied them to a thin hairband which I wear around my neck so the earphones can't fall or slide down one side. My work colleagues think I should patent the idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Thomyokk wrote: »

Most people complaining about prices, where looking at gearbest and early listings from aliexpress. Prices seem to now have stabilized at around €35.

As there are not available till the 11th, I don't know how people could be actually reviewing the product yet. No reliable youtuber has feature them yet, probably prevented from doing so until there officially available.

Was charged twice that

Got a refund off PayPal

Yep gearbest are 2 nd only to eir for ****e customer care

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Thomyokk wrote: »

Was charged twice that

Got a refund off PayPal

Yep gearbest are 2 nd only to eir for ****e customer care

Had this problem with lots of bluetooth earphones where the mic and buttons are on one side, so I snipped an elastic and tied them to a thin hairband which I wear around my neck so the earphones can't fall or slide down one side. My work colleagues think I should patent the idea :D
    Smart cookie

Price keeps increasing on that link! Now at €30.38!

Also these are the Youth Edition/Version or Lite, so as hinted at on reddit, there probably be a better version release later?

I’m waiting for Youtubers Reviews before I purchase

Also available from zapals for €17.16, if you don't have a GB account or code expired?

QCY T1 Bluetooth 5.0 TWS Earbuds Mini HiFi Earphones with Charging Box

• Advertisement

I’m waiting for Youtubers Reviews before I purchase

Will you please repost after you've seen one and let us know the score?

I will never remember to check on my own :D

Will you please repost after you've seen one and let us know the score?

I will never remember to check on my own :D

Airdots first review

Pros:

great audio quality with the right sources

build quality is great and looks fine in person

communication range is good (ironiclly could be the only perk bt5 brings to the AirDots)

four hours battery life without recharging

great value for the price point

Cons:

music could sound slightly worse with the wrong device / audio format combos

huge turn off as only Chinese voiceovers are used as feedback sound instead of beeping patterns

pressure controls are a mess

no multi source support

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Airdots first review

Pros:

communication range is good (ironiclly could be the only perk bt5 brings to the AirDots)

Cons:

huge turn off as only Chinese voiceovers are used as feedback sound instead of beeping patterns

no multi source support

These are amazing! I love my poor English announcements of "please charging" on my soundmagic earphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

What do people think of these for $23.99 with free shipping from Zapals.

Would these come under the customs threshold as the shipping is free or would they add the proce of the postage stmp

Berberis wrote: »

Would these come under the customs threshold as the shipping is free or would they add the proce of the postage stmp

Don't know what they're like, but they shouldn't get stopped.
    Customs will waive anything under €6 and these would fall into that, as they're not under €21.

Berberis wrote: »

Was going to post about them, but could not find any review videos when I saw them.

HBQ-Q13S TWS Mini Bluetooth 5.0 Stereo Earbuds with Mic & Charging Box
    €20.60 €34.33 40% off ~~~ Same as you linked (you can change currency to Euro on the site).

There is also these:-

S2 TWS Stereo Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Earphones with Charging Box
    €24.03 €39.48 39% off

Both have Bluetooth 5.0 and larger capacity battery in the charging box than Xiaomi Airdots.

Choices for TWS Earbuds with 5.0 Bluetooth, there is a large range starting from around €20. Probably allot of rebranded clones of similar devices.

Airdots first review

Pros:

Cons:

no multi source support

Thanks for posting dude :D

@tajd Did you get the Pro's And Con's from this post?

[REDDIT] Discussion My AirDots review

It is a long post, here is these parts.

There was also one thing I HATED that deserves a separate paragraph. What kind of genius thought it was a good idea to make all the feedback sounds IN CHINESE VOICEOVER ONLY?

Conclusion

Overall the AirDots are nice true wireless earphones for a very cheap price, the build quality is great as other Mi products, it offers competitive audio quality to be used when jogging, at gym workouts or with trips on public transports, and battery life is good as Xiaomi claims. I am so happy that I ordered a pair and they fit my daily usage scenarios perfectly.

As I have QCY Q29 Pro already, I'm in no rush to get these, maybe if they release an English version. Or as mentioned before Youth Edition, so maybe another model version maybe launched in the future.

Also as linked in thread already plenty of other 5.0 TWS Earbuds starting from €20. What have Airdots better to offer other than brand?

@tajd Did you get the Pro's And Con's from this post?

[REDDIT] Discussion My AirDots review

It is a long post, here is these parts.

As I have QCY Q29 Pro already, I'm in no rush to get these, maybe if they release an English version. Or as mentioned before Youth Edition, so maybe another model version maybe launched in the future.

Also as linked in thread already plenty of other 5.0 TWS Earbuds starting from €20. What have Airdots better to offer other than brand?

Yes I did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Bit off topic but can anyone tell me what i need

I have bluetooth wireless headphones (cheap ones bought a while back from this thread I think). I have a tv (not smart tv) - it has one usb port and the usual headphone slots.

How can I connect my bluetooth headphones to the tv? Is there some kind of adaptor I can get that I can connect to the TV to connect to my bluetooth?

Thanks for any replies and sorry if completely off topic.

Advertisement