Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

I wasn't able to go after I'm gutted. I got someone to pick me up one of those tan hoodies though.

Kennys accuracy is getting worse for some reason its weird he was drafted because of his accuracy. play calling and communication is dire too. that pass to jaylen warren where 3 defenders crushed him behind the line of scrimmage was a real head scratcher.

There's an awful lot of work to do

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Some photos from the day, great event was so well organised and a proper party atmosphere.

Croke park looked amazing in the black and gold. Rumours there will be multiple watch parties across Ireland next year and a match in 2025.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No surprise to see Matt Canada fired. Offensive Steelers have been poor all season. And some of the calls on Sunday were baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I thought it was a bit of a surprise actually and very un-Steeler thing to do to fire a coach midseason. He certainly wasn’t coming back next year regardless and I’m not sorry to see him go however. By all accounts there was a ‘players only’ meeting after the defeat Sunday, id guess that had something to do with it.

I do t know how much difference it’ll make in all honesty, very late to be making meaningful changes now.

I hope they go get a proper experienced and qualified candidate in the offseason now.

What a disaster yesterday. Leaving the defeat to a 2-10 team aside, the injuries to key players is going to really hurt over the next few weeks.

I was pretty confident that they’d make the playoffs going in to yesterday but I think that’s a real doubt now.

• Advertisement

Brutal loss. Offence is painful to watch and the defence is beat up and worn down, and looked like they quit in the second half.

Tomlins first losing season surely on the way? I can’t see them winning two of the last three with how they are playing. As an aside what the hell was that towards the end? Punt instead of long field goal attempt, timeout when the Colts kneeled (fair enough), but then call a couple of lame run plays rather than taking a deep shot when you get the ball back. Very strange behaviour from Mike T

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Boswell would probably have hit to make it 24-16, but to concede 30 straight is a ridiculous effort. The defence are not really to blame, as you said, worn down, but on the following possession, Indy ran the ball 14 times straight, and Pittsburgh couldn't stop them. Not too many standouts on the team, and on the slide

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Who had Mason Rudolph returning as a hero? 30 points in two wins after 55 games without.

Strange twist at the end of the season with Mason looking like a capable QB. He is a different player to the last time we saw him and is much more confident and composed. He looks a better player than Pickett at this moment in time

That was a good Seattle team that needed to win yesterday and the Steelers went in to Lumen Field and outplayed them.

Pity they couldn’t have found this form a little earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Is it just me or could this team cause an upset in the PO….or even win the AFC?

• Advertisement

That was a hard watch but a win is all that matters.

No chance of causing an upset in the playoffs if they get in IMO. If the defence wasn’t completely gutted by injuries then maybe, but they are down to guys they signed off the street at safety and ILB, looks like TJ may be done for the year now as well

Looks like they are in now

And Watt might not be out

Edit:

Am I right that Steelers will play Bills if they beat Dolphins or If Bills loose they will then play Chiefs?

Post edited by CMcsporty on

That’s right if the Bills lose the Steelers move above them in the seeding and would play the Chiefs In Arrowhead

There will be no easy game whatever the outcome

I’d take a punt on Steelers beating ‘No Catch’ Chiefs

Bills it is. Josh Allen is on a tear and this is a tough tough matchup. It’s very difficult to imagine the Steelers even keeping this close without Watt

Our best hope is for bad weather where the Bills struggle to move the ball in the air, hope for a couple of lucky fumbles etc. They won’t beat the Bills any other way IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Two hopes. None and Bob.

Almost wished they didn't make the playoffs tbh, papers over some humungous cracks, same as last year.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

I think they will address a few things this offseason regardless. They will have to hire a new offensive coaching staff now Canada is gone, and I expect that they will go for an appropriately experienced candidate this time.

Their big problem most of this season has been bad QB play. Not sure what happens there. Kenny has been benched. He will get another chance I am sure but his leash will be short. They will have to bring in competition. They can’t waste another season hoping he improves.

The rest of the roster isn’t that far away, especially if they can stack another good draft class on top of their excellent 2023 draft.

Weather shaping up nicely for Buffalo!

Najee Harris to plough up that fallow field!

Oops…getting nothing from the run

This looks done already

Getting completely and totally outclassed which was always a distinct possibility. That Pickens fumble was an absolute killer

• Advertisement

that recovered blocked punt and injured punter could be huge. bills have no challenges either. need to get 7 from this possesion badly. not dead yet.

TD finally

The offence has settled down and is moving the ball but they lost the game on that Pickens turnover and subsequent Bills score. You can’t give a gift like that in the playoffs.

Pickens has been terrible

eidt: he just caught a great pass for 1st down after slipping

Those two plays by Pickens has given them a sniff

Just a sniff

Sniff has just gone down the Jack’s

Braindead roughing

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

Utter amateur hour stuff from Jack and Fitzpatrick. Steelers got exactly what they deserved.

It's all in Oman Khans hands now until the pre season. I'm looking forward to see what deals and trades he makes up to and during the draft.

I think this season will be remembered as the failed Kenny Pickett project and the absurdity of holding onto an inept Offensive coach for a year or two too long. I'm happy for Mason that he got his shot and hopefully he'll be back next season to compete for QB#1. If they add a bluechip RT in the draft and switch Jones to LT I think Mason could thrive.

Oh and for the love of God draft a Center in the 2nd if possible

Too many mistakes. Thought they fought back well to get it within 7 but it was too big an ask on the road and with so many injuries on defence.

It’ll be interesting to see what they do at QB in the offseason, despite what Tomlin is saying I think they may have turned the page on Kenny and Mason is a free agent. He appears to be a decent game manager at this stage and will get a nice backup contract somewhere.

• Advertisement

Arthur Smith confirmed as new Offensive coach he will suit the existing players well. We have great RB's and TE's to suit his run heavy twin tight end schemes. Elite QB not essential with him just a QB that can sell the play action. If they can get Mike Munchak to coach the Oline I'd be delighted. Expect investment in the Oline early in the draft for sure now.

Advertisement