Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANC Payment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,209 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

simx wrote: »
    Nothing more annoying than looking at the acc and a bigger hole in it than you thought, then after flicking through chq bk stubs finding out it was a chq from 6 months ago

I think 3 months is enough for a cheque to be valid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Nothing more annoying than looking at the acc and a bigger hole in it than you thought, then after flicking through chq bk stubs finding out it was a chq from 6 months ago

Very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Money resting in my account for my highly disadvantaged land

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Unless there isn't enough to meet it:o might speed them up next time though.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Money resting in my account for my highly disadvantaged land

I’d say your severely handicapped alright :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    I’d say your severely handicapped alright :)

There's a huge increase in area designated around here, myself and a neighbour had a lot of tillage between us and we put three townlands out years ago, these are all in grass now and were all designated disadvantaged this time

• Registered Users Posts: 21,169 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Arrived also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,231 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Text, yesterday, on agfood last night in bank account this morning.Two bullocks gone to the factory this morning, they will add to it as well.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Text, yesterday, on agfood last night in bank account this morning.Two bullocks gone to the factory this morning, they will add to it as well.

Your round so

Bought a 5 star heifer to get me up to my bdgp numbers and paid college fees and it's gone....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

What’s the college course of choice? Agriculture related hopefully? 🙂

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    What’s the college course of choice? Agriculture related hopefully? ��

He's going into 3rd year of an ag science degree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭20silkcut

wrangler wrote: »
    There's a huge increase in area designated around here, myself and a neighbour had a lot of tillage between us and we put three townlands out years ago, these are all in grass now and were all designated disadvantaged this time

I think the amount of dairy farmers in a townsland affects eligibility.

The more dairy farmers the less disadvantaged it is deemed.
    I know of one beef farmer who was adversely affected by this when a dairy farmer took a long term lease on a farm bounding him.

I live in quite an intensive dairying part of the country myself but am surrounded on all sides by drystock farmers, like an island of drystock in a sea of dairy. My payment was unaffected in the last shake up.
    It seems beef farming in itself is considered disadvantaged. And rightly so. My tongue is hanging out for these payments.
    To a dairy farmer this payment this would be a few days milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Funny how those things are assessed too....in fairness there is no comparison in supposedly disadvantaged land in arable areas or say drystock areas in Midlands of south Roscommon,Longford etc and the fella out in bleakest Bangor Erris or Belmullet in Mayo (my county) or the hills of Kerry....as regards what produce the land can deliver.

I have a farming friend in midlands who has a fine drystock farm and can feed a bullock to the acre and he is getting the severely disadvantaged payment....don't get me wrong good luck to him but it makes a nonsense of the system.

Will be interesting to see what changes if any to land designation arise in next CAP.

What are peoples thoughts on how things will pan out....imo they will look less and less at encouraging higher stocking rates on sheep and drystock farms so payments will not be divvied out on particular 'Reference Years' stock numbers as was done in the past.
    They will want to see farmers being more environmentally friendly and plant trees rather than grow crops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

We were kicked out of the ANC due to a high stocking rate. But my next door neighbour, whose stocking rate is about 20% higher than mine, still qualifies.

My small townland has a higher stocking rate than his much larger townland because his rate is diluted by older lads keeping small numbers on big enough farms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭cute geoge

We were kicked out of the ANC due to a high stocking rate. But my next door neighbour, whose stocking rate is about 20% higher than mine, still qualifies.

My small townland has a higher stocking rate than his much larger townland because his rate is diluted by older lads keeping small numbers on big enough farms.

I do not think it has anything to do with s.r. .As far as i am aware it depends on the quality of land in the townland .Across from me the townland was kicked out from anc but land would be more arable while my ground would cut up in bad weather

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Around here, there are crops of maize, beet, spuds, brocolli, corn, dairy, drystock and race horse's, and it's all disadvantaged.

cute geoge wrote: »
    I do not think it has anything to do with s.r. .As far as i am aware it depends on the quality of land in the townland .Across from me the townland was kicked out from anc but land would be more arable while my ground would cut up in bad weather

Same ground as here, just the other side of the ditch. Bottom of his place cuts up in wet weather too, same as here. I was 0.07LU over the threshold, his was about 0.1 under it.

Luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

cute geoge wrote: »

Some of it was political.
    Lots of fine land in Longford, and as I recall, Albert had the entire county designated Disadvantaged.

Some fine land in North Cork was designated too but for a well known farming journalist.

• Advertisement

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Some of it was political.
    Lots of fine land in Longford, and as I recall, Albert had the entire county designated Disadvantaged.

None of my farm was disadvantaged when I started farming, then in 1990 40 acres were designated DA , The joke was that it was the only land that I had that would grow 4 ton wheat/acre consistently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭DBK1

Water John wrote: »
    Some fine land in North Cork was designated too but for a well known farming journalist.
    Like always it’s not what you know its who you know!!

There’s a townsland about a mile from me that consists of approx 250 acres. It’s some of the best land around here. The entire townsland is owned by the one man apart from a 6 acre field owned by another man about 2 miles up the road. The farmer that owns the majority has a super farm of land, grows great tillage crops and fattens the best of cattle and is now in the process of building a shed that covers almost half an acre to start into dairying. The farmer that owns the 6 acre field, it’s the best bit of land he has. Where his main block is 2 miles away joins the bog and there’s a lot of forestry surrounding him. But he always has a laugh at this time of the year when he gets his ANC payment for the 6 acre field and nothing on the poor land. The first man is a big IFA man and funnily enough his townsland was one of the very few in the parish that got accepted into disadvantaged area at the time. Go figure...

DBK1 wrote: »
    Like always it’s not what you know its who you know!!

There’s a townsland about a mile from me that consists of approx 250 acres. It’s some of the best land around here. The entire townsland is owned by the one man apart from a 6 acre field owned by another man about 2 miles up the road. The farmer that owns the majority has a super farm of land, grows great tillage crops and fattens the best of cattle and is now in the process of building a shed that covers almost half an acre to start into dairying. The farmer that owns the 6 acre field, it’s the best bit of land he has. Where his main block is 2 miles away joins the bog and there’s a lot of forestry surrounding him. But he always has a laugh at this time of the year when he gets his ANC payment for the 6 acre field and nothing on the poor land. The first man is a big IFA man and funnily enough his townsland was one of the very few in the parish that got accepted into disadvantaged area at the time. Go figure...

There's no doubt that the local farmers need to harass politicians for mths before to get areas designated, Our local branch didn't do it once and paid the price, it didn't happen the next time

There's no doubt that the local farmers need to harass politicians for mths before to get areas designated, Our local branch didn't do it once and paid the price, it didn't happen the next time
    Should it not be based on the actual quality of your land???

DBK1 wrote: »
    Should it not be based on the actual quality of your land???

It should be but all my land is DA now and it's very good land

At one stage it was reviewed on a townland basis. What happened was two farms were 'ramdomly' selected as a sample of the townland. Now was that selection always down to chance?

It should be but all my land is DA now and it's very good land
    There are a lot of farmers on marginal and poor land that can’t get it, doesn’t seem to be a good system really.

My final ANC payment arrived today.

Wayhay:D

Boo:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

My final ANC payment arrived today.

Wayhay:D

Boo:(

Have they / are they changing designations?

We’re not in a disadvantaged area here, but the home place was bounding two town lands that were disadvantaged. Wouldn’t have been great ground at home either, remember it was a sore point years ago...

• Advertisement

There was some review last year.

Advertisement