Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Care home for dementia patient...no places

Options
  • 20-09-2017 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭

Hi would anyone have any recommendations on who to speak to in relation to care homes, unfortunately my dad has to go to long term care.

We've submitted his application, however he is currently in a public hospital and the planners are hassling us to move him.

We've named at least six homes, however there are waiting lists, so they keep pushing us to other homes outside Dublin in some cases very far out. My mother does not drive and would not be able to visit and we have asked for details of homes where there are bus routes do she can visit.

What is the difference between public care and private? There is no income or assets only his pension.

Who would I best speak to to find out what he is actually entitled to in this instance. It's stressful enough without tge oressure from the hospital!

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement