Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling All Stars and POTY/YPOTY 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭MfMan

I sort of agree your sentiments, and Joe is the best player I have ever seen.
    But that's not how the awards should work, and probably McInerney deserved it above him. He was tuned in for the full 70 of all the games.

Was actually dodgy enough v Offaly, where Mannion excelled. Turned a couple of times too v. Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭MfMan

Exiled1 wrote: »
    Joe Cooney, John Connolly ( though most of his best work was at midfield) and take your pick from Joe Sammon/ Noel Lane.
    No doubt Joe Canning is the best of his generation.

Hmmm.. be hard pressed to find even a Ballinderreen man to pick Lane ahead of Canning. Joe Cooney was indeed a superb hurler and artist, though he too had his quiet days. (And I always argue that his last great game for Galway came in the 1990 AI final when he was 24; never reached the same heights subsequently for the county). John Connolly was a beacon during the dark days. Never saw Joe Sammon play.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

MfMan wrote: »
    Hmmm.. be hard pressed to find even a Ballinderreen man to pick Lane ahead of Canning. Joe Cooney was indeed a superb hurler and artist, though he too had his quiet days. (And I always argue that his last great game for Galway came in the 1990 AI final when he was 24; never reached the same heights subsequently for the county). John Connolly was a beacon during the dark days. Never saw Joe Sammon play.

Joe is the best Galway hurler ever. Full stop. Nothing wrong in thinking that. I love the Connolly's but crazy to compare. Not in the same league as Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Joe has everything pace, height, size, skill and is a great leader (coming from a Waterford fan who is sick of watching Galway celebrating the win lol)

Advertisement