Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Trainer - North Dublin

Options
  • 18-09-2017 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Can anybody post or PM me some recommendations for a personal trainer in north dublin particularly around Santry, Swords, Malahide, fingal, etc. Don't want to be ripped off and people here seem knowledgable.

Was thinking of Functional Strength & Fitness in Santry or BodyByrne in town (bit too far but look good).

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,562 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

RevFit in Glasnevin.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I go to a class in Baldoyle ran by Karl Hand Personal Trainer, he has 3 set classes a week, Tuesday, Thursdays @8pm and Saturday Morning at 9.15am. Classes are €7 drop in, there's also monthly fees.

He also does 4 week challenges and things like that. He has a Facebook page AFAIK.

He's very good, very knowledgeable and good at catering for beginners and more advanced. He got me in the best physical condition ever before my wedding. I've let it all go to sh now mind :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JJF89

RevFit in Glasnevin.

Thanks, checked out the website and 347 per week is way too much. I know they do Semi Private but I would prefer one to one.
    Loughc wrote: »
    I go to a class in Baldoyle ran by Karl Hand Personal Trainer, he has 3 set classes a week, Tuesday, Thursdays @8pm and Saturday Morning at 9.15am. Classes are €7 drop in, there's also monthly fees.

He also does 4 week challenges and things like that. He has a Facebook page AFAIK.

He's very good, very knowledgeable and good at catering for beginners and more advanced. He got me in the best physical condition ever before my wedding. I've let it all go to sh now mind :P

Thanks but looking for something more one to one than classes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JJF89 wrote: »
    Thanks but looking for something more one to one than classes.

I think he does one 2 ones but you'd need to check with himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,118 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Thanks, checked out the website and 347 per week is way too much. I know they do Semi Private but I would prefer one to one.
    €347 a week? Presumably that's a typo and you meant €37 or something.

What's your budget? Because one on one training will cost you at least double.
    (Body Byrne is €65-75 per session according to their website)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 JJF89

Mellor wrote: »
    €347 a week? Presumably that's a typo and you meant €37 or something.

What's your budget? Because one on one training will cost you at least double.
    (Body Byrne is €65-75 per session according to their website)

It says on the website (can't post link) that is €347 a week (minimum 12 week commitment) for an elite one to one session or up to €45 for semi private which I wouldnt be into. They might be good but it is fairly steep to say the least.

I suppose i'd be willing to spend between 30 - 60 a session.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭caviardreams

It says on the website (can't post link) that is €347 a week (minimum 12 week commitment) for an elite one to one session or up to €45 for semi private which I wouldnt be into. They might be good but it is fairly steep to say the least.

It does state that alright but that seems to be for a top-end, premium, all inclusive elite type package (I am not sure many "normal" gym goers would be availing of it at those prices, unless you are a professional perhaps): http://revolutionfitness.ie/invest-in-us/

I am sure if you contacted them they could offer a once per week, stripped down type one to one PT package also, or something more tailored to what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,118 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

[

Ah right.
    I think that's for coaching and massages and all the bells and whistles.
    Membership is €35-45 per week for small group coaching.

If you are planning say a few sessions a week, over a few weeks you should be able find something at €30-60

Advertisement