Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-virus... install or no?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

malwarebytes does a good job but i noticed in the last few months its become a bit spamy with updates and notifications that cant be fully disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I've always used the same pc to torrent but I play it very safe with downloads.

Use a vm to download the torrents and scan etc with that..if its dodgy just revert the vm back to a clean snapshot.It's not annoymous downloading though.

Use a vpn for a bit more privacy with torrents .

I like that VM approach alright. Is there no chance at all of any infection from an infected VM (through the network, or runtime etc) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Common sense and windows built in stuff is all I've used. 20 years, no viruses.

I've removed ccleaner recently as that acquisition is going surely ruin it. Back to manually cleaning things up! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Bitdefender or Kaspersky consistently get the highest ratings -both have free/paid versions. I use Bitdefender myself as I got a good discount code at the time on Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

poos wrote:
    Cc cleaner - No issues

Cc cleaner itself was a virus for about a month...something like 130k end users infected after virus software piggy backed with the legitimate software. The Devs themselves picked up on it

• Advertisement
Advertisement