Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotpress timer - can I fix it myself?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 152 ✭✭Karangue

I know what ce is thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Karangue wrote: »
    I know what ce is thanks.

Fair enough.

So if you take this to its logical conclusion a CE mark is a reasonable requirement, isn't it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 152 ✭✭Karangue

Is the made in China an inferior product to one that has a CE mark, that seems to be the understanding here.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Karangue wrote: »
    Is the made in China an inferior product to one that has a CE mark, that seems to be the understanding here.

It is not necessarily inferior, but due to the lack of CE certification it has not been assessed to see that it meets basic safety standards. This is just one reason why CE certification is a legal requirement in Ireland for electrical devices such as this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Karangue wrote:

Your understanding is flawed. You have claimed that pointing out that a device does not carry a legally required quality mark is racist and a rant.

Nobody mentioned the made in China mark except you never mind comparing it to something.

If you don't understand that buying something from a county outside of your own requires that you check to see if it meets the legal quality standards yourself then that's your own issue.

A supplier here can't sell you a mains electrical device unless it has a CE mark. There are good reasons for that.

Best not to confuse the other users by suggesting that CE marks are not required when they clearly do, regardless of where it's made.
    So again please don't suggest that people ignore the requirements for CE marks and again don't bring racism into your next post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement