Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's a Fan of Alan Partridge

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

The "Welcome to the Places of my Life" mini series is one of the funniest shows ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Love this scene.

'Morning Susan, Ahaaaww..'

"Watch it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I just watched the two television series of 'I'm Alan Partridge' on Netflix.

I hadn't seen them in years, so funny.

In the words of Shakin Stevens, 'Lovely Stuff'.

I've got a scam going with a 12in plate, back of the net!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

"The security here is terrible. I actually booked the room under the name of the Real IRA"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

kiss my face

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

JET! JET! JET!. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Lynn, I am not driving a Mini Metro.

No no, it's different. It's called a Rover Metro now.

They've rebadged it, you fool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way, could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Tilikum wrote: »
    The spy who loved me scene.

Comedy gold.

Alan: Stop talking about American things and lets watch watch the best film ever made
    TV Presenter: Tonight on America's Strongest Man
    Alan: Have you taped over the Spy Who Loved me with America's Strongest Man?
    Micheal: No I haven't, it was Terry it was his fault
    Terry: I'm really sorry I really wanted to see America's Strongest Man
    Alan: Well now you've got Norfolks MADDEST man!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

There is a whole thread here..

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057581698/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Lynn, calm down, calm down, you're suffering from minor womens whiplash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

"That was Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell, a song in which Joni complains they paved paradise to put up a parking lot, a measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Joni singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn't quite fit in with her blinkered view of the world. Nevertheless, nice song. It's 4:35 AM, you're listening to Up With The Partridge"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

You wake up in the morning, you have to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running around, you gotta mow the lawn and wash the car and you think Sunday bloody Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Daaaan!!

They're sex people Lynn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Cracks me up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Stop getting Bond wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Do you mind if I talk? It helps me keep the wolf from the door, so to speak. Jill, what do you think of the pedestrianization of Norwich city centre? I'll be honest, I'm dead against it. I mean, people forget that traders need access to *DIXONS*! They do say it'll help people in *wheeeelchairs*.

That was *classic* intercourse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

This thread makes me feel so excited I want to wear a t-shirt with Crowded House wrote on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

That was liquid football.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

S02E03-rfZ5NsND-subtitled.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

‘So you don’t think I can tell anecdotes’

‘Right, I'll tell you an anecdote. In 1974 I was catching the London train from Crewe station. It was very crowded; I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies; buckaroo! I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Purves, it was the height of his Blue Peter career. He said, "You jammy bastard" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be blue, Peter!" Needless to say, I had the last laugh, now FÚCK off!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,569 ✭✭✭✭briany

Alan: You must have got up to a few pranks in your time.

Michael: Wai-aye. Hey, I mind this one time, right. I was stationed out in Belize, right, and I had this little macaque monkey as a pet, right? And one day, I came back to me tent, right, and it'd eaten all me fags.

Michael: So I picked it up and I threw it into the sea.

Alan: You threw a monkey in the sea?

Michael: Well, it had eaten all me fags, man. It was a big packet of two-hundred duty-frees, like.

Alan: You threw a monkey in the sea? Thats awful. I mean, I was fishing for some sort of funny story. Thats just upsetting.

Advertisement