Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Superfly", Usyk v Huck, Benavidez etc etc

Options
  • 08-09-2017 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭

Can't wait for Estrada v Cuadras. Fight of the year potential. Reckon Estrada pips it on points.

Reckon Gonzalez wins in a similar fight to the first one. Hopefully rightfully gets the nod this time. He won the first fight imo. Hopefully sets up Gonzalez v Inoue early next year.

Huck is shot to pieces but I think he might go the distance. Usyk has got **** all power. Wouldn't be surprised to see a late stoppage though.

David Benavidez on tonight is always good value for a highlight reel stoppage. Looking forward to catching up with that in the morning.

Best two weeks boxing has had in a long long time with GGG-Canelo next week. Can't wait.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

World Boxing Super Series starts, the SuperFly card is one of the best cards ever...young Benavidez fighting for his little piece of history and looks a massive superstar prospect. Inoue, Gonzalez, Estrada, all top 10 p4p worthy, Cuadras not too far off...Golovkin/Canelo around the corner...Usyk one of the most technically sound and fluid big fighters in many a year and potential future HW champ...and people say Boxing is dying. Meanwhile another UFC card has been botched by one way or another. Hon The Sweet Science.

I watched Benavidez's fight with Medina last night again....although Porky had a Gatti like defence, those combinations are special:

It's a shame he didn't sign up for the WBSS himself although I think I read somehwere where he said they were offered it but chose to go down a different route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks boxing, have some time to myself so going to enjoy it:) I'm in Manchester for canelo v ggg, so if anyone has any tips on somewhere to watch it to save me using my phone.
    Also Burial, I wouldn't bother mentioning UFC, it will just start a merry go round debate here we don't want to see, good boxing ahead :)

Apparently Benavidez only scraped by last night...got knocked down in the 12th as well. I'll have to give it a watch later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, he didn't look great at times, gassed at the end too. Gavril was better than expected too (for me at least).

For tonight, I'm thinking Usyk by decision, Huck is just too clever and experienced to get stopped imo, and Usyk doesn't have knockout power unless it's a late stoppage. Usyk should have too much skill to lose though. I'm thinking Gonzelez to beat Rungvisai via decision. Gonzalez isn't knocking anyone out at 115 and Rungvisai can take a punch anyway. Inoue should be knocking Nieves out within a few rounds really.

Cuadras - Estrada is the difficult one, I'm leaning Estrada but could go either way. I just expect it to be a war

• Registered Users Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Since ITV aren't showing it live is there anywhere else we can watch the Usyk fight and at what time is it?
    (Not asking for illegal streams btw..)

• Advertisement

Since ITV aren't showing it live is there anywhere else we can watch the Usyk fight and at what time is it?
    (Not asking for illegal streams btw..)

WBSS have just announced they're streaming it on their site:

https://worldboxingsuperseries.com/

No real indication on exact countries that'll get it. Assuming they'll broadcast to the UK (surely?) they should include us too? I registered anyway...

Can't register on the website, not receiving the password :(

Edit: in now, used different email :)

Isaiah Thomas looks like a lad who doesn't want to be a boxer. Ridiculous cautious and negative boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Is this song supposed to be a pisstake or what's the craic?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Benavidez lost that fight, I had Gavril up by at least 2 rounds. He's not a great boxer and we be found out against top level fighters in the class.

I like Estrada over Cuadras, I can see the fight going the distance and Estrada taking it on points.

I feel Gonzalez will win but 'Is that really enough'? I also believe he won the first fight but it officially took his undefeated record, his belt and his pound for pound crown. I want to see a brutal KO win for Gonzalez, He has to make a statement. I want to see him call out Inoue too after, enough of this humble little christian boy crap, It's time to see some fckin Cojones for a change.

Inoue will smash Nieves. This guy is an animal, KO victory here.

Yeah sounded like a Foundation level Fight Night Champion track.

Usyk is such a badass.

"I am feel, I am very feel" :pac:

Watching The Huck fight live now. Robert Byrd is busy again.

1st round narrowly to Usyk
    Great 2nd Rd. I give it to Huck
    Usyk takes the 3rd, Almost dropped him, appeared to hold back.
    Usyk takes the 4th
    Usyk wins the 5th.
    Missed Rd 6,7and 8
    Close 9th, maybe narrowly Usyk
    Usyk wins by TKO in round 10

Usyk in cruise control. Huck trying the sneaky stuff and gets punished. Decent scrap though.

Deciding to work with Old Man Lomachenko paying its dividends. Looking sharper and more aggressive.

Live event ended?

Mine cut off in the 6th

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

It's back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Dirty punching him while on ground.

The body punching revolution is a joy to behold.

Complete domination. What a beautiful boxer.

Very good fight, Action packing stuff.
    Usyk with the 10th round TKO

I was lucky to have another 'stream' set up when the official one went down.

Good fight. Huck is hard. Usyk is slick and extremely fit.

Byrd was a lot quicker to stop this one than he was two weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭megadodge

Good performance by Usyk.

I hope Huck calls it a day now. He has given huge entertainment in his career and has nothing to prove.

Speaking of Perez, Abdusalamov and his family got a $22m settlement. Obviously no figure will make up for it, but it's something I guess...hopefully it can maybe tame any lasting demons in Mike from it too. He'll need the fight of his life against Briedis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Usyk brilliant. Will take some beating.

I don't for one second see the narrative that he'll go on to wipe out the heavyweight division though. I think he'd get beat easy by most of the top heavy's. Hasn't got the power to keep them off.

Advertisement