Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3GB/32GB Android box Amlogic S912 Octacore -€40

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭seanin4711

bazwaldo wrote: »
    I had the same problem with a Philips TV and a different kodi box. There wasn't any setting that could be changed using the UI so I had to telnet or ssh onto the box and update some file. I can't remember which file but it was to do with RGB. The instructions are on the web somewhere. HTH.

if you could dig that out it would be great
    was switching some file from zero to one?
    thanks
    j

• Registered Users Posts: 10,621 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Sorry for cross-threading .. and copy&pasting someone else's post on another thread .. but this 2GB/16GB one on Tomtop €22.67 using code REYESDELCHOLLO24 looks like a bargain.

https://www.tomtop.com/p-v3264eu-16g.html

Code doesn't work for me. coming out at $32.99 (€28.50)?
    The remote controller of the product belongs to attached and functional accessory. If part of product functions can't be controlled by the controller, please purchase external mouse or air mouse to operate. You will have a better using experience.

So if the remote doesn't work, buy a mouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 biscut

Looks like this one below is the same price at €45, can anyone tell me which is better as I have never had an android box. Think I would be mainly using it for Kodi.
    Thanks

https://m.lightinthebox.com/rk3328-android-tv-box-ram-4gb-rom-32gb-quad-core-wifi-802-11b-wifi-802-11g-wifi-802-11n-null_p6287972.html?litb_from=forum_gleam&irgwc=1&utm_source=webgains_usa&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=116019&utm_campaig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Invincible

biscut wrote: »
    Looks like this one below is the same price at €45, can anyone tell me which is better as I have never had an android box. Think I would be mainly using it for Kodi.
    Thanks

https://m.lightinthebox.com/rk3328-android-tv-box-ram-4gb-rom-32gb-quad-core-wifi-802-11b-wifi-802-11g-wifi-802-11n-null_p6287972.html?litb_from=forum_gleam&irgwc=1&utm_source=webgains_usa&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=116019&utm_campaig

That seems to be Rockchip, better off going for an Amlogic based box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

https://m.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_503486.html?wid=21

This box is on sale again & just purchased another

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Want to pull the trigger on an android box today been researching but just wondering if I could get some honest boardsie reviews. Worth getting? Solid performance? My experience in the past is most boxes tend to slow up after a few months.

battser wrote: »
    Want to pull the trigger on an android box today been researching but just wondering if I could get some honest boardsie reviews. Worth getting? Solid performance? My experience in the past is most boxes tend to slow up after a few months.

this guy is worth looking at
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y15HWj1Sro

he recommends the Beelink GTI as the best budget box

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_416057.html

there is an ultimate version with 1gb more ram and more storage also.

here's his review of the box in this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBOj8MdRcMM&t=373s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭seanin4711

glasso wrote: »
    this guy is worth looking at
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y15HWj1Sro

he recommends the Beelink GTI as the best budget box

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_416057.html

there is an ultimate version with 1gb more ram and more storage also.

here's his review of the box in this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBOj8MdRcMM&t=373s

solid unit metal body v plastic better heat dispersion etc.
    going to put android tv rom on it altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Seems super cheap? 66 dollars for the MI box on flash sale https://m.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_426056.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

cronos wrote: »
    Seems super cheap? 66 dollars for the MI box on flash sale https://m.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_426056.html

I bought one earlier today. They are 57-60 euro on all the main sites at the moment. (Ligtingthebox, banggood, gearbest, tomtop).

I'm sure there's a possibility they'll be cheaper at some stage but I was feed up waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

My h96 is officially dead. First it was the power supply that went,got a replacement and now the box doesn't even switch on. No standby light or anything. Contacted,sent them a video and all but I highly doubt they will get to me. So my box lasted maybe 4 weeks of very light use and 1 week that I didn't have a power supply for it. Only thing I'm getting from the box is a quiet clicking noise that sounds like the power going into it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

My h96 is officially dead. First it was the power supply that went,got a replacement and now the box doesn't even switch on. No standby light or anything. Contacted,sent them a video and all but I highly doubt they will get to me. So my box lasted maybe 4 weeks of very light use and 1 week that I didn't have a power supply for it. Only thing I'm getting from the box is a quiet clicking noise that sounds like the power going into it

Same happened here m8,even bought a replacement PSU but it didn't work,reckon the actual power connector on the box is fecked,

But I used a 5v 2.5a USB charger plugged into the USB port nearest the rear of the box and flying away again,even reboots properly now too :)

wiz569 wrote: »
    Same happened here m8,even bought a replacement PSU but it didn't work,reckon the actual power connector on the box is fecked,

But I used a 5v 2.5a USB charger plugged into the USB port nearest the rear of the box and flying away again,even reboots properly now too :)

Is it something like a iPhone kinda usb charger you are using? Must try that out tomorrow

Is it something like a iPhone kinda usb charger you are using? Must try that out tomorrow

Yep its an android phone charger with same voltage and amps as the original DC psu, works treat tbh.

Yep its an android phone charger with same voltage and amps as the original DC psu, works treat tbh.

Awesome. Thanks so much for the heads up. Will give it a go tomorrow. Cheers buddy :)

Awesome. Thanks so much for the heads up. Will give it a go tomorrow. Cheers buddy :)

Let's know how it goes m8

• Registered Users Posts: 23 biscut

I ordered the H96 Pro 16gb. As I'm a total noob would I be better off getting a wireless keyboard.
    Think I will mostly be using it for Kodi, Mobdro and possibly IPTV.
    If so could any kind member recommend a cheap keyboard that would work with this.

Thanks

biscut wrote: »
    I ordered the H96 Pro 16gb. As I'm a total noob would I be better off getting a wireless keyboard.
    Think I will mostly be using it for Kodi, Mobdro and possibly IPTV.
    If so could any kind member recommend a cheap keyboard that would work with this.

Thanks

I used a Rii i8. Think I got it for about 15 euro on Amazon. It's really easy. Just plug in the wireless adapter that comes with it and switch the remote on and your good to go. Really handy to use

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

3-4 week wait, fine backlit for (currently) €6 - and likely heading down - from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Many thanks, just came on here cos mine has also died

• Advertisement

damian139 wrote: »
    Many thanks, just came on here cos mine has also died

Still going strong too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dixierip

My h96 pro plus also died. It seems a common thrme. I'm engaged in an online dialogue with gearbest that seems very slow. Has anyone had any success in terms of repair or replacement boxes ? First experience with gearbest and not a good one.

dixierip wrote: »
    My h96 pro plus also died. It seems a common thrme. I'm engaged in an online dialogue with gearbest that seems very slow. Has anyone had any success in terms of repair or replacement boxes ? First experience with gearbest and not a good one.

Have you tried powering it from a 5V 2/3/4A usb charger to the usb socket nearest the rear of the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

Mine died too bangood are shipping a new one. Seems crazy that this many of them have broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dixierip

wiz569 wrote:
    Have you tried powering it from a 5V 2/3/4A usb charger to the usb socket nearest the rear of the box?

Tried but didn't make a difference.

dixierip wrote: »

Contacted gearbest,it was super slow,I opened a PayPal dispute with them and low and behold,they were replying back to me in no time. I've been offered either a full refund,a credit so I can buy something else from the site or a replacement so I picked a replacement. They also said I didn't have to send back the old box. Keep at them and you should get somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Donal94 wrote: »
    Mine died too bangood are shipping a new one. Seems crazy that this many of them have broken.

Thats a good result did you have to post it back to them?
    Getting nervous now as so many have died and my box is probably on a good few hours every day with the kids watching youtube.

I have noticed when i plugged mine in for the first timethere was a fair flash off the transformer think i better get on to them quick before its too late

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭uponthegad

My charger also died today. Luckily I had another one from another device. Powering off the USB also worked but it would crash fairly regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Have any power supplies failed using a "home" (eg. Dealz) 3-pin adapter instead of the supplied Chinese?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Erik Shin wrote: »
    https://m.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_503486.html?wid=21

Just another option...have this one myself and it's top notch

Did anyone who bought this have any trouble with the delivery?

I ordered on Sep 9th, was shipped on Sep 12th and still haven't got it.

Their "parcel tracker" service is showing below (I live in Dublin 8):
    2017-10-27 18:00:00 DELIVERED PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOIS DELIVERED
    2017-10-26 06:39:00 ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED DUBLIN 8
    2017-10-26 06:39:00 ITEM IS IN TRANSIT DUBLIN 8
    2017-09-27 13:03:00 ITEM IN DEPOT DUBLIN 8
    2017-09-27 09:56:00 ATTEMPTED DELIVERY DUBLIN PARCEL CENTRE BALLYMOUNT RD DUBLIN 12 NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS
    2017-09-27 09:29:00 ITEM IS ON DELIVERY DUBLIN PARCEL CENTRE BALLYMOUNT RD DUBLIN 12
    2017-09-25 16:59:00 ITEM IS IN TRANSIT PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOIS
    2017-09-25 16:59:00 ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOIS
    2017-09-25 16:58:00 ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOIS
    2017-09-25 16:58:00 ITEM IS IN TRANSIT PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOIS
    2017-09-22 09:52:44 Parcel sent to IRELAND
    2017-09-20 18:02:35 Parcel arrival at London Sorting Centre,United Kingdom
    2017-09-19 19:40:54 Parcel arrival at London,United Kingdom
    2017-09-16 17:20:37 Parcel is leaving Hong Kong Airport
    2017-09-15 10:02:03 Parcel arrive in HongKong Sorting Centre
    2017-09-14 13:18:12 Parcel departure in Shenzhen Sorting Centre

Anyone know how accurate their parcel tracker is? Is there anyway I can follow up with An Post to see what the story is? I don't mind waiting but would at least like to know that its going to arrive, no movement since 27th October and ended up back in Portlaoise for some reason...

Advertisement