Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Not sure what I expected.....

• 06-09-2017 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

Went for the first time tonight. Indoors CQ. Not sure exactly why I was surprised that there was mainly teenagers playing!!! I enjoyed it bar getting shot but I would prefer to play with more mature people. The kids were just too fecking energetic!!!! Also, the CQ felt a bit claustrophobic. I think I would prefer it in a more open setting similar to an outdoors paintball area.

All in all I enjoyed it and I'll be back for sure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Get out and play outdoors more,it's more fun , suits more playing styles and you generally have larger crowds of all ages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Gatling wrote:
    Get out and play outdoors more,it's more fun , suits more playing styles and you generally have larger crowds of all ages

Where?

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Where?

Fingal airsoft - Stramullen

Spec ops - Wicklow

Red hills - Kildare

Sim tac - navan

Red barn - north Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Generally speaking, CQB is very 'in your face' and fast due to the fact that it typically takes place in confined spaces (hence the 'CQ' in the name). You might enjoy CQB more with a pistols & shotguns event (sites tend to run them from time to time), as people find they can't just hose a hallway. So the 'flow' is faster but with less 'spray & pray' as people have to aim and think a bit more.

Edit: just because CQB environments facilitate speed, doesn't mean you have to run around like a 14 year old on a sugar rush. Let the younger folk on your team charge into rooms first and let them take the rounds whilst you identify where the enemy is. Slow it down a pace and listen for sounds, shadows on the floors around corners, reflections on surfaces etc. Sure there will be times where you have to play the 14 year old on their own terms, i.e. youthful energy, but not always. I used to play/marshal at a 5 storey building in Sheffield and there were all ages in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Went for the first time tonight. Indoors CQ. Not sure exactly why I was surprised that there was mainly teenagers playing!!! I enjoyed it bar getting shot but I would prefer to play with more mature people. The kids were just too fecking energetic!!!! Also, the CQ felt a bit claustrophobic. I think I would prefer it in a more open setting similar to an outdoors paintball area.

Welcome to the fun.. :D
    Young guns are the future of the sport and a lot of them really are great players.
    The age mix never bothers me as long as people play fair and have a great time.
    As already suggested, try outdoors, it can be a different pace depending on the games.

• Advertisement

K.Flyer wrote:
    Welcome to the fun.. Young guns are the future of the sport and a lot of them really are great players. The age mix never bothers me as long as people play fair and have a great time. As already suggested, try outdoors, it can be a different pace depending on the games.

Ah I'm not complaining about the kids as such. Just a lot of immature ****è talking going on. 6 lads of varying height and looks trying to impress the lone teenage girl. Just had nothing in common that I could strike up conversation about as I'm a good 20 yrs older than them!!!!

Ah I'm not complaining about the kids as such. Just a lot of immature ****è talking going on. 6 lads of varying height and looks trying to impress the lone teenage girl. Just had nothing in common that I could strike up conversation about as I'm a good 20 yrs older than them!!!!

Know what you mean, I'm probably in the very upper age bracket of players, so younger lads usually come over to us and want to talk about kit, game play etc, but thats what were all there for anyway. Probably just as well, cause I've no interest in other sports :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ArgonZA

Where did you go play inferno or T.A.C also might be due to the day I was at TAC last sunday on my own and about half teenagers half mid 20 to 30.

ArgonZA wrote:
    Where did you go play inferno or T.A.C also might be due to the day I was at TAC last sunday on my own and about half teenagers half mid 20 to 30.

I played inferno

I played inferno

Fun site but in your face action, its big enough but you run into people more often and closer than an Tallagh CQB, but then at T.A.C you can get stuck on the stairs easily haha, both are good fun though.

Pm me when your going again will try to join, actually I'm looking to play sunday again

• Advertisement

I was probably going to go to one tomorrow.

ArgonZA wrote:
    Fun site but in your face action, its big enough but you run into people more often and closer than an Tallagh CQB, but then at T.A.C you can get stuck on the stairs easily haha, both are good fun though.

Where/what is TAC?

Where/what is TAC?

Cookstown industrial estate Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Xelect

Gatling wrote: »
    Cookstown industrial estate Tallaght

Exactly its about 100m from inferno, you would drive past it on the way to inferno.

Its 3 story warehouse, layout is long hallways with rooms on each side of the hallway, plus stairs at the ends of the hallways.

Xelect wrote: »
    Exactly its about 100m from inferno, you would drive past it on the way to inferno.

Its 3 story warehouse, layout is long hallways with rooms on each side of the hallway, plus stairs at the ends of the hallways.

Used to be called "The Office Block" many years ago.
    We played midnight games there, intense CQB on full auto.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Used to be called "The Office Block" many years ago.
    We played midnight games there, intense CQB on full auto.

Yeah its great fun, the only thing I dislike is how you can get trapped on the stairs if you play one floor only

Went back to Inferno today for a few hrs. Bit different in daylight. Bit different with my own (brand new) rifle too!!!

Advertisement