Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch Ideas healthy

Options
  • 06-09-2017 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Trying to lose weight at the moment & have no idea what to have for lunch. I'm not fussy really. Just want something healthy.
    Don't think having a sandwich 5 days a week, will help shift the pounds. Its not good to have brown bread everyday is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Nothing wrong with brown bread every day. But if you want to lose weight, then you have to look at your diet as a whole. Lunch may not be the issue or at least it may not be the biggest issue. What's a typical day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

SHELDON88 wrote: »
    Trying to lose weight at the moment & have no idea what to have for lunch. I'm not fussy really. Just want something healthy.
    Don't think having a sandwich 5 days a week, will help shift the pounds. Its not good to have brown bread everyday is it?

Some absolutely lovely, nutritious meals including lunches on the website:
    Pickuplimes.com

Simple to make and normally with everyday ingredients.
    Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭bladespin

Nothing wrong with a sandwich, just track them and be aware of their cals.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Could you make extra for dinner and bring it for lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭bladespin

Amirani wrote:
    Could you make extra for dinner and bring it for lunch?

Great idea, bypass the 'convienience' stuff altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Probably not the bread but the fillings. Biggest change I made was bringing in a "proper" dinner - it was normally less calories (or at least about the same), more filling, healthier than my sandwich. Certainly by the time a bar/ crisps and a fizzy were added to the sambo.

A few times I've been caught by a change of plan, it's bloody hard to just get a plain ready made sandwich!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ruahead

Chopped carrot, cucumber, peppers cheese and sun-dried tomatoes mixed in with quinoa. When boiling the quinoa I throw in a few raisins too so they get plump in water really tasty . The cheese melts in and raisins and sun dried tomatoes give great flavour. Takes 10-15 mins to make. Juicy lunch.

Advertisement