Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We worked for ours

Options
  • 04-09-2017 5:05am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21

I heard some smug arsehole in UCD pool last week complaining about mature students and how they get everything for free. Somehow he believed their credentials werent up to scratch because their parents didnt pay for their education and this lead him to believe that his education was a higher value than theirs.
    It reminded of the teenager in Dun Laoighre who made a similar complaint about social housing and how she had to work for hers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Count Marcula

What makes you think they all have bad leaving certs?

Not all of them get BTEA either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Christ this country is gone so divided.
    Beggars begging of beggars at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,826 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Maybe we should raise the cost of our higher educational system and reserve it for certain classes of people. Damn peasants, always ruining things for us better classes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

There is a lot of different ways to get a college education.
    I think its simplistic to say that one persons path through education is more noble than anothers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I heard some smug arsehole in UCD pool last week complaining about mature students and how they get everything for free. Somehow he believed their credentials werent up to scratch because their parents didnt pay for their education and this lead him to believe that his education was a higher value than theirs.
    It reminded of the teenager in Dun Laoighre who made a similar complaint about social housing and how she had to work for hers.
    What makes you think they all have bad leaving certs?

Not all of them get BTEA either.

OP, you forgot to change your logon when you were responding to yourself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Jawgap wrote: »
    Wasn't me! It was my brotherhousmatewholivesinthesamehouse! Honest! We both have an account!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

OP is the Niall Boylan of Boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Im 99.9 percent sure boards.ie themselves start a lot of threads.

There was a particularly bad one recently started asking were richer people more intelligent than poorer people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Count Marcula

I dont get the joke?

I dont get the joke?
    The punchline rarely does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

I dont get the joke?

We don't get your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I dont get the joke?

Oh, you do you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

im cringing

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

Why would anyone even do this...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

_Roz_ wrote: »

Go to UCD?

It's not that bad.

Go to UCD?

It's not that bad.

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

the thought of going to UCD as a mature student and be looked down upon by a shower of insufferable D4 tossers would be enough to make me reconsider my 3rd level options.

I did mean why would anyone argue with their own argument in a thread but I do agree.

I don't think I'd want to be a mature student anywhere, tbh. I went to UCC and in my utter ignorance felt quite unsure of the mature students. I would expect that and worse from young'uns if I went back.

Jaysus, that mature fella I became good friends with back then was two years younger then than I am now. That's scary.

I did mean why would anyone argue with their own argument in a thread but I do agree.

I don't think I'd want to be a mature student anywhere, tbh. I went to UCC and in my utter ignorance felt quite unsure of the mature students. I would expect that and worse from young'uns if I went back.

Jaysus, that mature fella I became good friends with back then was two years younger then than I am now. That's scary.

UCC would be ok compared to UCD. You wouldn't get the same level of snootiness in UCC.

• Advertisement

UCC would be ok compared to UCD. You wouldn't get the same level of snootiness in UCC.

Really?? I'd never last a day in UCD so. Or maybe I just was really unlucky with literally everyone I met in UCC. Didn't like the students there at all.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

There was another post after the OP's that he was responding to, that has since been deleted.

Really?? I'd never last a day in UCD so. Or maybe I just was really unlucky with literally everyone I met in UCC. Didn't like the students there at all.

I suppose its hard to generalize, as colleges change completely from year to year. I knew UCD well, I knew a lot of people who graduated from there, and I went to college just down the street from UCD. But that was over 20 years ago. I also worked in UCD for 6 months, but that was 15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

mike_ie wrote: »
    There was another post after the OP's that he was responding to, that has since been deleted.

You shouldn't have told us that...it was better that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

this just feeds the 'boards make these posts themselves' idea.. nice try covering it up! :pac:

I suppose its hard to generalize, as colleges change completely from year to year. I knew UCD well, I knew a lot of people who graduated from there, and I went to college just down the street from UCD. But that was over 20 years ago. I also worked in UCD for 6 months, but that was 15 years ago.

I work in UCC, have done for years. Feel the same about the student types (although, I will admit, I have met a LOAD of lovely ones who I would have loved to have had when I was a student.) Actually, one of my besties was a student here, but I met her years after I was gone as a student, she's a few years younger. So I shouldn't generalise about UCC, and to be fair, I dislike students in general, not just UCC ones.

Also, it was more fun not knowing about the deleted post.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

You've just ruined Jawgap's day... nearly 100 thanks at risk.

alberto67 wrote: »
    You've just ruined Jawgap's day... nearly 100 thanks at risk.

Feck it. Joke still works.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...I dislike students in general...

"Hello Martin, it's Linda!" :D

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    "Hello Martin, it's Linda!" :D

Lost on me I'm afraid, sorry! :o Want to explain?

Advertisement