Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SPSV test Dublin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭vandriver

John198119 wrote: »
    Thanks mate! Do you work as a taxi driver now? I am a bit scared that I will not be able to make a living driving. Are you doing ok financially?
    I'll send you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1 0utsideThePale

Rummy85 wrote: »
    Hi lads
    I passed the test last week.
    Fourth go.
    I've recorded all questions
    I'd be happy to help you out.

I'd really appreciate taking a look at those questions if you wouldnt mind sending them to me... email is DEAGLAN 04 @ GMAIL . COM

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 8 zalmai

zuber wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a list of pedestrianized streets ? cant get one on line, I know Grafton St, Henery St, Mary St
    A few more woud be helpful, Also I want to say my taxi ie have a very helpful section on their web-site with lots of questions and answers to help you

i've everything you need.. i've passed it on first attempt. i can sell it to you recording and all material.

vandriver wrote: »
    Three and a half months in my case.So in the next few weeks?

takes 6 months now

curraghyid wrote: »
    Hi all
    I know this is spsv dublin thread, but has anyone done the kildare area knowledge test, doing mone next week and would appreciate any pointers

Hi i'm looking for westmeath area knowledge if someone has it than please ping me. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Roverscon95

Hi there i sent in my application for spsv licence in March and got a phone call from the carriage office on Thursday saying that i need just one more piece of information they asked me to contact the ndls to ask for a driving licence history report which they have emailed me , has anyone one else had a similar experience as i thought the carriage office could easily check my driving licence history.Just a bit strange and never heard of this before.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi there i sent in my application for spsv licence in March and got a phone call from the carriage office on Thursday saying that i need just one more piece of information they asked me to contact the ndls to ask for a driving licence history report which they have emailed me , has anyone one else had a similar experience as i thought the carriage office could easily check my driving licence history.Just a bit strange and never heard of this before.

Very common.
    You have to provide it when making claims on insurance policies now too, it confirms you didn’t lie about anything.

My sister had to do after her car was stolen.

You also may have to pay an admin fee for the privledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 John198119

Same in my case. Few months in, they requested my driving history.
    I filled my application end of February and still waiting. I rang them a couple a weeks ago and told me "it has gone to be issued" and will still be 2-3weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 THEPEPSIKID

Just passed left it in two weeks ago and I’m told it’s six months have my wheelchair accessible taxi ready got my grant my insurance and can’t do nothing until I get a paper license anybody in the same boat and If so how long did it take you there saying 6 months now please help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭ma88

Just passed left it in two weeks ago and I’m told it’s six months have my wheelchair accessible taxi ready got my grant my insurance and can’t do nothing until I get a paper license anybody in the same boat and If so how long did it take you there saying 6 months now please help

I did apply in April, 6 months gone now and still nothing...
    Did got the wav ready aswell but sold it already, because of the guards, not processing my psv...
    If someone have an ideas of how/who/where to get some help about will be great please...
    Did got some friends who did applied in Kildare station and did got their psv in just 3 weeks, seems that not the same rules apply to everyone/everywhere...just a joke.
    Somebody's doing fake addresses to avoid the Dublin Carriage Office, just to get the psv quicker, and us who do all by law, just getting nothing!
    Over the phone being told that's not ready yet and nobody knows how long will gonna take....
    So get yourself ready for the worst!!!

ma88 wrote: »
    Did got the wav ready aswell but sold it already, because of the guards, not processing my psv...
    If someone have an ideas of how/who/where to get some help about will be great please...
    Did got some friends who did applied in Kildare station and did got their psv in just 3 weeks, seems that not the same rules apply to everyone/everywhere...just a joke.
    Somebody's doing fake addresses to avoid the Dublin Carriage Office, just to get the psv quicker, and us who do all by law, just getting nothing!
    Over the phone being told that's not ready yet and nobody knows how long will gonna take....
    It could be the vetting from your country that's taking the time.

It could be the vetting from your country that's taking the time.

Don't think so, have been vetted by the Minister of Justice not that long ago, did got an Irish passport in the meantime where they said that's not helpful.
    The other thing was they did ask me to update my current driving licence so it shows my address on it, and explaining to them that my licence cannot be exchanged, and agreed with RSA to sit and pass the driving test straight away avoiding the 6 months waiting time for driving test and now said that i do hold a new Irish driving licence cannot give me Psv yet,
    as the licence should be at least 1 year old, even though im driving here for 10 years-EU licence.
    Some other friends did applied in Kildare, for Dublin area aswell, not a bother, got their psv in just 3 weeks, and have not been asked for an Irish licence...
    Even though the NTA and Carriage Office knew from the first what licence they did accept me in while doing the test and applying in person to Santry Carriage Office.
    For new entrants please avoid that and apply out of Dublin, get yourself an address for the €250 licence fee sent over in Kildare, Wicklow, Meath...so that u can apply to that local station to avoid the Dublin long waiting times.

That is madness I’ve bought everything I am just ready to go pal and there takin the piss now they told me six months minimum could be more goin to loose my wav grand cause it’s ending soon I’m going by the book why do they take the poxy fee and leave u swinging pure tramps I can’t believe all this lark

That’s a pure disgrace like what is the hold up it’s two signatures.
    Don't think so, have been vetted by the Minister of Justice not that long ago, did got an Irish passport in the meantime where they said that's not helpful.
    The other thing was they did ask me to update my current driving licence so it shows my address on it, and explaining to them that my licence cannot be exchanged, and agreed with RSA to sit and pass the driving test straight away avoiding the 6 months waiting time for driving test and now said that i do hold a new Irish driving licence cannot give me Psv yet,
    as the licence should be at least 1 year old, even though im driving here for 10 years-EU licence.
    Some other friends did applied in Kildare, for Dublin area aswell, not a bother, got their psv in just 3 weeks, and have not been asked for an Irish licence...
    Even though the NTA and Carriage Office knew from the first what licence they did accept me in while doing the test and applying in person to Santry Carriage Office.
    For new entrants please avoid that and apply out of Dublin, get yourself an address for the €250 licence fee sent over in Kildare, Wicklow, Meath...so that u can apply to that local station to avoid the Dublin long waiting times.

That is madness I’ve bought everything I am just ready to go pal and there takin the piss now they told me six months minimum could be more goin to loose my wav grand cause it’s ending soon I’m going by the book why do they take the poxy fee and leave u swinging pure tramps I can’t believe all this lark

• Advertisement

I did bought the wav aswell, but did sold it b4 getting the grant as later with the vehicle licence in my name will not be able to sell it...just give it on rent, but don't wanna give out my €25k+ investments on a €200/week, just for somebody to wreck it off...so better wait until have all the papers ready...ffs!
    Even though i did extended once the grant letter..

I don’t no what to do now over this shower I’m all ready but now I’m confused as just to wait I’ve invested a lot in this with wav and insurance everything branding and meter paid for the lot Jesus Christ this is crazy waiting on this .
    I did bought the wav aswell, but did sold it b4 getting the grant as later with the vehicle licence in my name will not be able to sell it...just give it on rent, but don't wanna give out my €25k+ investments on a €200/week, just for somebody to wreck it off...so better wait until have all the papers ready...ffs!
    Even though i did extended once the grant letter..

I don’t no what to do now over this shower I’m all ready but now I’m confused as just to wait I’ve invested a lot in this with wav and insurance everything branding and meter paid for the lot Jesus Christ this is crazy waiting on this .

So do i, if u have any news about just let me know please..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tinz

Did you get any response from the carriage office. I am waiting for 7 month and still nothing.

Tinz wrote: »
    Did you get any response from the carriage office. I am waiting for 7 month and still nothing.
    Nothing yet, 7 months myself aswell....

• Advertisement

Nothing yet, 7 months myself aswell....

thanks for your response

Hello everyone, did got my licence after a long waiting time, 8 months in total.
    Now looking for some advice where can i rent a car to get started with, i may use my own insurance, will check with the renter to see the price they'll give me with/without insurance.
    Thank you.

Hello everyone, did got my licence after a long waiting time, 8 months in total.
    Now looking for some advice where can i rent a car to get started with, i may use my own insurance, will check with the renter to see the price they'll give me with/without insurance.
    Thank you.

I got mine too . I doubt if that was normal application processing. See PM.

Tinz wrote: »
    I got mine too . I doubt if that was normal application processing. See PM.

Thats great news.

Hello guys,
    Need some advice, if simebody met this situation:
    is it safe enough to drive just with the badge and paper licence only without id cards on the dash.
    As im waiting for 3 weeks since ive got them from the carriage office, and now checking with nta they still did not received my file from the gardai about my psv to start processing the id cards.
    To mention as they both says that i can drive just to carry them both with me all the time, but if a customer would like to check my badge number in the app im still not in the system so can get complains as a fake driver....or who knows what!
    Thanks.

The NTA will send you a link to register on line. until you register your record will not show on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

So my test is tomorrow.. failed the last 2 tests both by 1 question. Very frustrating

I've studied it all but some of it still wont register in my brain most especially the 1 way streets.

Any tips for tomorrow to finally get past this?

So my test is tomorrow.. failed the last 2 tests both by 1 question. Very frustrating

I've studied it all but some of it still wont register in my brain most especially the 1 way streets.

Any tips for tomorrow to finally get past this?
    Did you pass?

Did you pass?

Failed again.. 3rd time now. This one was my worst result out of the 3. I counted all the questions and 75% were Southside based questions. I took my test in northpoint ballymun.

Getting sick of the questions now tbh. Some haven't even got any relevance. I'm wondering if I book my next test in the Southside will i i get a fair balance of questions

If you're thinking of using mytaxi,a huge amount of work is on the southside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Is the my taxi website any good for the exams, as in are the questions the real thing?

If you're thinking of using mytaxi,a huge amount of work is on the southside.

Ah no I'm not saying anything like that really. I know a decent fair bit about the Southside and I know it's all of Dublin test but I just find the 3 tests that I have taken have mostly been Southside generated and was just wondering is it a money racket to keep u failing knowing you wont be as familiar with the Southside as much as the Northside and wondered if was better off booking to do the test in the Southside location next time.

The first 4 questions I got were all Southside based and I knew straight away I wasn't going to pass it. Any Northside question I got I knew the answer. I know most of you will say is that you need to study the Southside more then but I dont think it's the point.. I just think it's not fairly balanced with the questions

Is the my taxi website any good for the exams, as in are the questions the real thing?

Yea I seen a fair few of the questions that pop up in the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anth861

Hi

I am looking to hopefully get my Taxi licence this year in Dublin.
    I just want to put it out there to see if anyone has any information where I could get hard copies of the manuals I need and also a big street map of Dublin so I can study myself.
    I was looking into doing a course but I would prefer to know a little myself before going into one clueless.
    I would really appreciate if anyone has any advice,thanks in advance.

Tony

You don't need to do a course.You do have to have a reasonable working knowledge of Dublin,and a knowledge of taxi law.
    There is also a map reading part of the test that's easy marks.
    However.....the taxi industry is decimated with Covid.There are so many better ways to make a regular income without the huge outlays required.
    Even delivering pizza would pay better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anth861

You don't need to do a course.You do have to have a reasonable working knowledge of Dublin,and a knowledge of taxi law.
    There is also a map reading part of the test that's easy marks.
    However.....the taxi industry is decimated with Covid.There are so many better ways to make a regular income without the huge outlays required.
    Even delivering pizza would pay better.

Thanks for the advice.I know the taxi industry isn't doing well but it's for a long term plan for me I am a carpenter and sick of it,I'm looking for something I can do for a few months and live abroad for a few months.
    Hopefully by the end of the year things might get better.
    Thanks again

Anth861 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice.I know the taxi industry isn't doing well but it's for a long term plan for me I am a carpenter and sick of it,I'm looking for something I can do for a few months and live abroad for a few months.
    Hopefully by the end of the year things might get better.
    Thanks again
    Insurance,tax, suitability,NCT are all yearly bills.
    As a new driver your first year premium could be 7k or more.
    Whatever you're making as a chippie would absolutely smash the terrible returns in this game.
    You could already do a few months and then go off foreign(covid permitting) but earning decent money in a trade that pays well as a carpenter.
    Why on earth would you commit to a job where you have 15 grand of expenses just to break even?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mattzo20

Anyone know how long new licences take now? Manual says up too 12 is this the case or people still waiting 9 months?

Advertisement