Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Mercy (Raw PPV) Thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh man, that sounds even worse :S

Not quite as bad as Mick Foley though, luckily enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I was fairly hype for the main event and I was damn disappointed, very limp match didn't have that power and spring we've seen from these two in recent weeks

WWE sometimes look like they're coping on to the fans feelings on Reigns, with things like him being heelish in his promos and these "shoot" promos with Cena the last few weeks but

To quote the fans of One Night Stand 2006, "same old sh1t"

• Registered Users Posts: 38,046 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I was fairly hype for the main event and I was damn disappointed, very limp match didn't have that power and spring we've seen from these two in recent weeks

WWE sometimes look like they're coping on to the fans feelings on Reigns, with things like him being heelish in his promos and these "shoot" promos with Cena the last few weeks but

To quote the fans of One Night Stand 2006, "same old sh1t"

Good God imagine what the one night stand crowd would of done to Reigns ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The intensity was missing. It wasn't Brock vs Joe, it was Brock vs Ambrose all over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Unfortunately Braun looked very lost in that match with Brock. You could see Lesnar having to repeat spots to him over and over, such as when he had the submission on I'd Brock must have told him at least three times to grab the rope before Braun actually did. As much as Braun as improved he definitely isn't anywhere near title ready yet. He still very much needs to right person and stipulation match to lead him along. Show was good overall, didn't live up to its potential for sure but it definitely wasn't a bad show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,046 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Unfortunately Braun looked very lost in that match with Brock. You could see Lesnar having to repeat spots to him over and over, such as when he had the submission on I'd Brock must have told him at least three times to grab the rope before Braun actually did. As much as Braun as improved he definitely isn't anywhere near title ready yet. He still very much needs to right person and stipulation match to lead him along. Show was good overall, didn't live up to its potential for sure but it definitely wasn't a bad show.

A few matches with other big guys like Big Show, Killan Dane (when/if he comes up to the MR), Kane, Harper, Rowan etc might help Strowman with his ring work

• Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When Brock got the Kimura lock on I had to go back to the beginning of the match to hear if it was NO DQ or something since the ref wasn't calling for the break when Braun was constantly in the ropes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Brock was awful in the match as well though. Looked like he had zero interest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DM_7 wrote: »
    Brock was awful in the match as well though. Looked like he had zero interest.

There seems to be no middle ground with Brock. Either he's 100% invested, and the matches are amazin (Cena, Taker, Joe) or he's not bothered at all, and he does a basic match where he "Suplex City Bitches!" his opponent and kills them clean with a single F-5 (Dean, Brawn)

Worse, I think they are building the F-5 up obviously so that when Reigns kicks out of it at Mania, they think they'll get an "OMG, i can't believe it!" moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    There seems to be no middle ground with Brock. Either he's 100% invested, and the matches are amazin (Cena, Taker, Joe) or he's not bothered at all, and he does a basic match where he "Suplex City Bitches!" his opponent and kills them clean with a single F-5 (Dean, Brawn)

Worse, I think they are building the F-5 up obviously so that when Reigns kicks out of it at Mania, they think they'll get an "OMG, i can't believe it!" moment...

I think that's exactly what there foing with the f5 and there going to play it off as a miracle moment but it's going to die

The crazy thing about this ppv is that bo Dallas and curtis axel are goint to main event

• Advertisement
Advertisement