Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite GOT character

Options
  • 29-08-2017 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,584 ✭✭✭

Toss up between Bronn and the hound but have to go for the hound. Love his grumpy personality and comes out with some great one liners:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Either Naked Danaerys or Tyrion for me

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Hodor

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Think the hounds part is excellent at the moment. Gruff ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ser Davos.

All the honour and goodness of Jon Snow with less brooding and more charisma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Jaime. Season one, he's the loathsome, arrogant twat whose head you want so badly to see sliced off. Season two, he's an insufferable, pompous arse and you're actively willing bad things to happen to him. Season three, you've grown strangely fond of him and by Season 4, he's literally become one of the best things about the show and one of the best people in it.

Runner up prize - Cersei, whose character arc is literally the polar opposite of Jaime's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Tormund

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

scudzilla wrote: »
    Either Naked Danaerys or Tyrion for me

I prefer Tyrion with his clothes on if it's all the same.

Bronn, the Hound and Thormond are my favourites. Also liked pretty much all the Tyrell family from Granny Olenna right down to Ser Iron Fist.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Missandei

• Registered Users Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Reek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Tyrion no contest. 2nd favourite is a toss up between Arya and Jamie. Jamie really is the most intriguing character in the whole show especially lately.

Tyrion and Arya mostly based on the POV narrative in the books. Jamie based on the TV show developments and the actors performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Jamie & The hound.

Also loved Ramsey Bolton.

More importantly I HATE

Balish (however you spell it)
    The fat lad no balls
    The fat lad with balls
    The auld lad that follow danerys around like a pure sap. Cop onto yourself you auld eejit, you have no chance.
    Jon Snow.

There's probably more.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sansa Stark

This probably is not gonna be one of the most popular opinions, but both in the books and the show she's a character I couldn't stand in the beginning, but as the series progressed and Sansa began learning how to play the game (through observing Cersei, Tyrion, and Littlefinger) she also became the character I was most invested in. While reading the 4th book, A Feast For Crows, is when I found myself fully on Team Sansa, and Sophie Turner has managed to build on that as Sansa's arc played out on the show.

Honorable mention for Davos, who's another character I wasn't all that crazy about at first, but really grew on me, especially thanks to Liam Cunningham's portrayal of the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

In the beginning it was arya - I hate her a little now, but still want to like her, I did hate sansa in the beginning but now kinda like her.

Tyrion is the man!

Cersei can lick my helmet!

Jamies cool

John snow is too metro for me - now he is banging his aunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Always liked Sansa as well because she was this character that had loads of room to grow and improve, and finally she has.
    Jorah Mormont was probably my favourite in the books. love his background story. The outcast... an exile who seems to always be played a losing hand in life. He's the doomed hero as such. A man forever atoning for his mistakes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Jaime. A great story arc. His journey has always been interesting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PressRun

Was Arya at the beginning, I liked her story. Pity they turned her in a cartoon character.
    Also a big Tormund fan. He's probably the only one I really care about at this point.

Actually, now that I think of it, Tywin was really the best character, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I don't particularly like the character but I think Alfie Allen does a brilliant job playing Theon.

Davos is well up there but my favourites were Olenna Tyrell and Margery. I would have loved to see more of Margery and her relationship with Tommen. I think she'd have made a great queen and would have helped Tommen develop into a fair and savvy ruler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Ramsey Boolton was a great villan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

The Hound without question. A fantastic character fantasically portrayed by Rory McCann. You can see that he understand the tortured soul that he is. Only hope he gets redemption.

Jaime probably my second favourite at the moment - again because the acting is superb and because the character is so deep.

Tyrion for me is gone off the boil a bit - not a fault of Peter Dinklage but moreso that i'm not sure if the writers know what to do with him.

Honourable mentions to Tormund, Jon Beric, Olenna, Tywin, Bronn, Roose and even the High Sparrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,361 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The Hound I guess, though every line that comes out of his mouth is total fan service.

Edit: Davos. What I meant to say was Davos. Love his no nonsense decency and wit.

• Advertisement

Ramsey Boolton was a great villan

He was, up until the point where he became really, really boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

Jaime probably. It's hard to believe he's the same person who threw Bran off the tower. He looks and speaks like a stereotypical knight and his armor is awesome, fantastic actor and story arc. The hound and Tormund are both awesome too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Varys, Pycell, Tywin (tywin and olenna was great writing, acting and delivery) king robert, joffrey and oddly enough, Ser barriston selmy.

The bad/evil charactets are more interesting than the good ones.

Whispered wrote: »
    I don't particularly like the character but I think Alfie Allen does a brilliant job playing Theon.

Agreed. I think he does an amazing job on conveying all the constant hurt, guilt and trauma that is being Theon. His performance is one of the most underrated aspects of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

For me it's Night King. He has such a presence for someone/thing that doesn't say a word also the mystery around him. He just arrives, doesn't say anything and f**ks sh!t up which is pretty cool and he has a dragon!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Varys, Littlefinger, Tyrion, Tywin, Mance, Thormund, Lady Olenna, Lyanna Mormont, Arya, King Robert. Ser Jorah is ultimately my favorite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

It's probably still Tyrion for me although his character was best in King's Landing and has lost some of his appeal since he moved to Essos and became Dany's hand. This is evident that one of his best scenes in years was with Cersei in the last episode.

As others have mentioned, Jaime's arc has been exceptional throughout the series. I watched the very first episode again today and he was such an arrogant self-entitled ass**** back then. Now that he has finally broken away from Cersei, I can't wait to see what he does in the final season.

Of the two Stark sisters, I prefer Arya up until she arrived at those faceless assassins. That was a big misstep for her character. She was best when paired with Brianne or The Hound.

Strong confident Sansa is so much more interesting to watch than weak timid Sansa.

Loved Tywin too. He had such a powerful presense.

I have a soft spot for Sam too. Would be horrible if his story didn't have a happy ending especially given the sh*t he had to endure at Castleblack.

Alfie Allen is a great actor, one of the show's best. However, I don't give a damn about the Ironborn or his redemtion.

Bronn is also comedy gold most episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

There is a huge disparity between the Books and the show.

Fav Book characters.

1. Tyrion
    2. Jon Snow
    3. Dany

Honourable mention Littlefinger.

These have suffered immensely in the show because

1. Tyrion- The Showrunners can't write and his wit and cunning have all but disappeared once the book material ran out. My favourite part was the three whispers for the children to sniff out Pycelle as the rat

2. Jon Snow- Ditto. The book arc is he is niave- Kill the child snow he is told and he sends his pals to the furthest towers on the wall and is a man alone. He is also just standing around being a noble cnut without any of the motivation. Terrible writing.

3. Dany- terrible acting. Nothing else.

4. Littlefinger- another character that suffered when they ran out of book material.

Fav Show characters.

1. Jamie. In the book he is insufferable but is coming around. In the series the acting makes him a giant.

2. Bronn. In the books he is not even around any more. But has become the viewer's mouthpiece in the show with his observational humour.

3. Sir Davos. He is a noble character in the books but Cunningham is far and away the best actor on the show.

Honourable mention. Cersei. I dont like her character on the show or in the books but by God she is a fabulous actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The Night King. Hasn't had a wasted line yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Jaime. Season one, he's the loathsome, arrogant twat whose head you want so badly to see sliced off. Season two, he's an insufferable, pompous arse and you're actively willing bad things to happen to him. Season three, you've grown strangely fond of him and by Season 4, he's literally become one of the best things about the show and one of the best people in it.

Runner up prize - Cersei, whose character arc is literally the polar opposite of Jaime's.
    How is it the opposite? She was always a ****.

Advertisement