Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Non book readers" Season 8 - Speculation Thread - Spoilers on thread from 15th Apr

• 28-08-2017 9:10am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Preempting the upcoming season by including some highlights from the charter.

This is ONLY about the last season! Information from any other non book source are allowed to be posted with SPOILER tags. Such information has to directly relate to the season however and be clearly marked as for example "DVD lore from Season X relating to matter Y"
    Lore and conclusions go here

This means book readers are allowed to post but they can not reference ANYTHING from the books.

13th April
    Mod:
    Note this thread WILL contain spoilers from Monday forward. Any spoilers needs to follow the same rule as the episode thread (i.e. spoiler tag until Wednesday Midnight for the specific episode).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

I speculate that Winter 2018 is coming.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    I speculate that Winter 2018 is coming.......

Could be winter 2019

I say the actors whose characters are still alive since early seasons are thrilled that there fully part of this magnificent show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Is Jamie is riding north to Winterfell? If he is what happens when he meets Bran?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Hopefully each episode of the last season is feature length. Unlikely but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I think it'll be 15 months until we see any more Thrones. My own prediction is that the overall finale will be shown on or around Xmas day next year which means episodes will start around November.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Is Jamie is riding north to Winterfell? If he is what happens when he meets Bran?
    He could get redeemed by tipping them off about Euron picking up the Golden Company, resulting in Euron's fleet burning as dragon fodder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

tricky D wrote: »
    He could get redeemed by tipping them off about Euron picking up the Golden Company, resulting in Euron's fleet burning as dragon fodder.

Or
    Theon kills him and rescues his sister. Another possibility is Bran spying on Cersei and finding out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Initially I thought Jon might end up on the Iron Throne instead of Daenerys, now I think neither of them will. He'll convince her to do something stupid, since she's already stopped listening to her advisers in favour of him, and they'll both die together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I reckon cersei and daeny will become great friends: both are queens; both will be pregnant; both love a bit of mickey from their family. They are more similar than they realise.

I'd happily wait 18-24 months for a well-scripted, well-thought out series finale. It'd be a shame to sacrifice interesting characters and storylines because tv bosses or fans are impatient. Take your time and deliver the pinnacle season that the concept deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'd happily wait 18-24 months for a well-scripted, well-thought out series finale. It'd be a shame to sacrifice interesting characters and storylines because tv bosses or fans are impatient. Take your time and deliver the pinnacle season that the concept deserves.

You're a few seasons too late there.

Never going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Doola

The more I think about it, the more I only want one thing from the final series, and that is for Jon to survive. He has had such a sh1t life, and now that he finally finds out he's legitimate royalty I'd like to see him FINALLY having a little bit of happiness. Unfortunately though, I'm convinced he's going to die heroically while taking out the Night King. I can't see anyone else taking him out.

As an aside, I'd LOVE to see a small scene with Lady Mormont giving Jorah the evils across the Great Hall in Winterfell! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I think that Daenerys will end up pregnant with Jon's baby.

The most recent episodes have been like "Hey, remember the way I can't have children?" every five minutes so that, coupled with Jon's "Pfft, a witch isn't a reliable source" makes me think they're setting it up for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Tyrion to be revealed to have switched to Cersei's side following their meeting in this episode and is spying on Dany or sabotaging her army for Cersei. Varys finds out. Tyrion kills Varys to cover himself (Melisandre hinted that Varys would die). Jaime ends up killing Tyrion (poetic considering throughout the whole show he was the one Lannister who didn't want to kill Tyrion).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

My Predictions:

Arya will be killed by a faceless person

Jamie will turn Queen Slayer and kill Cersei when the dead make inroads in the north and Cersei won't act.

Jamie will be killed for chucking Bran off the balcony

Sir Jorah will be killed saving Jon Snow.

Jon Snow will die leaving Danerys to sit on the iron throne all alone but with-child.

Bronn will get a proper castle. Maybe even given Casterly Rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,297 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Do people, apart from Bran, know Jamie tried to kill him? I can't remember.

Would Arya try to kill him on sight? She is the only one I can think of that would act. Jon has shown no real desire to behead Jamie, for instance.

I can't think that Bran cares at all if Jamie tried to kill him, I think he is beyond caring about Bran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Bronn will get a proper castle. Maybe even given Casterly Rock.

That would be the perfect end for his character :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I don't think the dragons will burn the fleet before the Golden Company arrives - too much potential for a massive showdown between Gold Company/Lannister army facing off against the Dothraki and Unsullied in 'the' battle for the Seven Kingdoms.

Both of the dragons will likely die in the wars to come, possibly leaving the Dragon Queen with a new 'dragon' to soothe her grief and herald the beginning of a new legacy - her and Jon's full blood Targaryen child.

Very hard to predict what will happen to each character, though the show has been encasing the main cast in plot armour the past two seasons - hard to tell if they're simply saving them up only to kill them off in an epic conclusion, or that it simply has become cliche and formulaic in its execution.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jaime earn himself a 'Queenslayer' badge as well, especially because Cersei would likely mirror the behavior of the Mad King if, or when, she realises she is staring inevitable defeat in the face. I feel like Arya killing her would be far too predictable, though the show has become just that this season so hard to say.

Will be fascinating to see what happens if/when he meets Bran - his redemption arc can literally then come full circle, whatever the outcome.

I have a feeling the majority will die....including Jon Snow, albeit in his case for a clearly defined greater purpose (saving Westeros, defeating the Night King, protecting family, or new-found love Daenarys and child, whatever). We'll get a 'good' ending at enormous cost to our ensemble and Westeros in general.

Surely the Mountain and the Hound will lock swords again for Cleganebowl.....

I just hope, and pray, the final season gets an injection of what made seasons 1 through 6 so exceptionally good - deeper, richer characters as well the sheer unpredictability of what was going to unfold with each passing episode.

Season 7 has suffered from pacing issues, wafer thin characters, surface level dialogue, cliche scripting and predictability....despite the mega entertainment factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭mr_cochise

I just had a thought! Dany is probably going to be pregnant. What if it ends with there being some sort of switch between her baby and Cercei's baby at the end of season 8.
    Maybe Jon and Dany both die, but unknown to Cercei she is bringing up the true heir to the throne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Jamie will turn Queen Slayer and kill Cersei
    That is my ideal outcome for Cersei and Jamie's story. I've already said it in the S7 prediction thread, but I think it would be the most poignant and fitting way for Cersei to go. It would also fit with Jamie's path of redemption and the prophesy that Cersei got from the witch.

I'll be so disappointed if someone else kills her. No one else will have half as much impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My expectation of S8 is that most of the tactical posturing and setup of the last two episodes will be thrown completely out the window.

The whole notion of sending armies north to help fight against the WW assumes that the wall is in place and it's just a matter of sieging and pushing back.

With the wall down and the NK flying his dragon, Winterfell is completely defenceless and exposed against the dead army, who now have no reason to move slowly and arse about up north.

Rather than armies moving North to fight the dead, you will see an exodus South towards KL as the dead army advances, which will screw up Cersei's plans and create an issue where the Stark/Targaryen armies are pinned in on two fronts.

My expectation is that Cersei's insistence on focussing on the Iron Throne rather than fighting the dead army is what will get her killed in the end. She's used to playing a tactical game of allegiances and promises and honour. The NK doesn't recognise any of these, which leaves Cersei at a disadvantage. She's doesn't know how to fight an enemy that can't be manipulated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

The script for season 8 was leaked, someone posted spoilers on a thread on facebook with no warning. Im raging I saw it, hopefully theyre wrong.

The script for season 8 was leaked, someone posted spoilers on a thread on facebook with no warning. Im raging I saw it, hopefully theyre wrong.

Don't mention anything. Even posting that you hope they're wrong is making me twitch and wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

TBH, if the script for Season 8 has even been finalised yet, I'd be shocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Vojera wrote: »
    I'll be so disappointed if someone else kills her. No one else will have half as much impact.

Imagine she went full term with the child, and subsequently died during childbirth - her last realization being that she's handing the well-being of her baby into the arms of Tyrion, the brother she's hated with a passion their whole lives for 'killing' their mother :D

Don't mention anything. Even posting that you hope they're wrong is making me twitch and wonder.

I would never! Im annoyed that someone was such a d!ck to post anything and not even warn people it was a spoiler. I didnt want to know :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

HBO have said S8 leaks are false. Of course they would say that anyway but lets hope the details aren't out there to potentially spoil it for the rest of us.

I think Dany may potentially die. So far she'd never had too much risk and it's very much all about her taking over so I think she may be the one to lose out. I hope Jon survives regardless, whether he's made king or just lord of Winterfell. The news of them being related will happen after news of her pregnancy (they've hinted too much at her not being able to have an heir that this will have to come in to play). This will be the big drama, tears will be shed among them, but she could also be angry that her claim to the throne is threatened.

Theon will either save Yara or die trying. Melisandre will return and die in Westeros as she predicts.

I'll bet that Sansa survives, Arya dies, Bran is dead inside so who knows on that front. I'd guess the NK is beat, that the dragons will die in battles and magic in the realm will subside as a result. Sorta like in Lord of the Rings when the Elves all take off at the end. GRRM always said the end would be bittersweet.

HBO have said S8 leaks are false. Of course they would say that anyway but lets hope the details aren't out there to potentially spoil it for the rest of us.

I think Dany may potentially die. So far she'd never had too much risk and it's very much all about her taking over so I think she may be the one to lose out. I hope Jon survives regardless, whether he's made king or just lord of Winterfell. The news of them being related will happen after news of her pregnancy (they've hinted too much at her not being able to have an heir that this will have to come in to play). This will be the big drama, tears will be shed among them, but she could also be angry that her claim to the throne is threatened.

I'll bet that Sansa survives, Arya dies, Bran is dead inside so who knows on that front. I'd guess the NK is beat, that the dragons will die in battles and magic in the realm will subside as a result. Sorta like in Lord of the Rings when the Elves all take off at the end. GRRM always said the end would be bittersweet.

Im kind of hoping that Jon dies, I think his character is so boring. Him and his big speeches about honour are beginning to grate on me.

I have no clue as to how the story will proceed but I feel it won't be a happy sort of ending, bittersweet instead.

Edited to add I just read the previous post and it seems GRRM has the same idea. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

I think that Arya will kill Jaime when he gets to winter fall and take his face.
    I think she will then use it as a disguise to get close to Cersei and kill her.

• Advertisement

I think that Arya will kill Jaime when he gets to winter fall and take his face.
    I think she will then use it as a disguise to get close to Cersei and kill her.

I was just asking workmates who they reckon kills Cersai, Arya or Jaime. Maggie the Frog's prophecy was the younger brother, but Arya has so far not killed many from her list herself so feel like she's owed a big one. That would make it a good Arya kill and fulfilling the prophecy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Whatever happened to Ilyn Payne? Isn't he on Arya's list?

Whatever happened to Ilyn Payne? Isn't he on Arya's list?

He is, and he's just not a character that has any relevantpart to play in the show. No doubt there will be a scene in S8 with Arya taking him out in KL but I don't think they will make a whole subplot just for him at this stage. He was just an executioner.

I think Jaime is going to be one of the last men standing after he kills Cersei.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Im kind of hoping that Jon dies, I think his character is so boring. Him and his big speeches about honour are beginning to grate on me.

What made the show interesting at the start is that the difference between a good and an evil character wasn't that clear cut. The past few seasons have really set it up for hollywood style good vs. bad. Though when you have Bran around it doesn't leave much room for underhand sly tactics and back stabbing

What made the show interesting at the start is that the difference between a good and an evil character wasn't that clear cut. The past few seasons have really set it up for hollywood style good vs. bad. Though when you have Bran around it doesn't leave much room for underhand sly tactics and back stabbing

I didnt really like him in the beginning either, I can appreciate he's lovely compared to most other characters but he still bores me to tears. I duno what it is, he doesn't really have much personality I think.

Agreed though its gone very Hollywood which hasnt helped. It's definitly not as good since grrm stopped getting involved in the writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I didnt really like him in the beginning either, I can appreciate he's lovely compared to most other characters but he still bores me to tears. I duno what it is, he doesn't really have much personality I think.

Agreed though its gone very Hollywood which hasnt helped. It's definitly not as good since grrm stopped getting involved in the writing.

He was better craic when he was in the Nights watch and when he was with Ygritte. I hope he doesn't end up on the throne anyway. This kingly stuff doesn't really suit him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

To be fair, he's been murdered by his colleagues and had a boy executed since. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I hope they don't kill off the Night King during S8, you need a threat that he may come back again at some stage. Don't close the door fully on the franchise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

I'm hoping for a sad ending where the night king walks down a deserted throne room towards the iron throne, turns around and sits on it with that same expression he always... end scene, roll credits.

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a sad ending where the night king walks down a deserted throne room towards the iron throne, turns around and sits on it with that same expression he always... end scene, roll credits.

That would be epic! ...really sad but epic :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I think when cersei and Danny have their babies, somebody will switch them. The night kings emblem is annoying me, looks like a tower, so thinking reference to the tower of joy or looks similar to the house of whitehill. Could just be bran being ironic since he fell from a tower after seeing Jamie and cersei baby making.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

JamboMac wrote: »
    I think when cersei and Danny have their babies, somebody will switch them. The night kings emblem is annoying me, looks like a tower, so thinking reference to the tower of joy or looks similar to the house of whitehill. Could just be bran being ironic since he fell from a tower after seeing Jamie and cersei baby making.

Cersei will be in King's Landing and Dany will be in Dragonstone if she does get pregnant by Jon so how will this happen? They'd be miles away from each other and if Cersei isn't lying about being pregnant there's a bit of an age gap between the babies. I can't see that happening at all.

He is, and he's just not a character that has any relevantpart to play in the show. No doubt there will be a scene in S8 with Arya taking him out in KL but I don't think they will make a whole subplot just for him at this stage. He was just an executioner.

Didn't she kill him when she posed as a child prostitute in Bravos?

I think Dany will die and Jon will likely lead her to her death and possibly die with her. I think Tyrion knows their relationship is trouble, as shown by him looking worried after seeing them together. Jon, for all his honourable notions, makes terrible decisions and regularly has to be dug out of his own grave by other people. Dany will start listening to him more than she listens to her own advisors (which she has already started doing), and he'll end up getting them both killed. That's my prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

KKkitty wrote: »
    Cersei will be in King's Landing and Dany will be in Dragonstone if she does get pregnant by Jon so how will this happen? They'd be miles away from each other and if Cersei isn't lying about being pregnant there's a bit of an age gap between the babies. I can't see that happening at all.

I think Tyrian might do a switcheroo, Danny may not survive birth or something and this could lead Tyrian to switching babies, also the age gap isn't that big a month or two max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

My wild speculation about where some characters end up. I think Cersei will be killed by Arya who is then killed by the Mountain. Jon and Jaime will die killing the Night King. Dany will die during or after giving birth to Jon's son who will be accepted as the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. Tyrion will be his hand/regent until he's old enough to rule. Bronn gets his castle. Tormund and Brienne have giant babies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

PressRun wrote: »
    Didn't she kill him when she posed as a child prostitute in Bravos?

I think that was Meryn Trant, not Ilyn Payne.

cython wrote: »
    I think that was Meryn Trant, not Ilyn Payne.

Right you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

JamboMac wrote: »
    I think Tyrian might do a switcheroo, Danny may not survive birth or something and this could lead Tyrian to switching babies, also the age gap isn't that big a month or two max.

I don't want to see Tyrion aligning himself with Cersei ever again. She's been horrible to him throughout the years for no reason. It wasn't Tyrion's fault their mother died giving birth to him. Oh and the biggest thing is that she wanted him dead a few times. I hope he doesn't forget that. Cersei isn't to be trusted at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement