Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Actually that's a decent saving. I'm only a level 1 scrub though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I checked the site and I'm level 3, said i can upgrade to pro for free but the join now button just loops me to the homepage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,815 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Check your e-mails. I upgraded through an e-mail they sent me.

No emails from them about it.

Anyway, i reinstalled The Division 1, proper Christmas game and forgot how Goddamn good it is! Played Survival and spent 45 minutes trying not to die of infection and looking for food, water and clothes. Didn't even make it into the Dark Zone but loved it.

Started a new story mode and hooked all over again. Such a great story, tons of detail and lore but weird playing a pandemic game after Covid.

Still looks great as well

I enjoy dipping in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on my Xbox every now and then. Below are previous editions of the game I have:

^ the game in the top left came on 3.5" floppies, the rest came on optical disc.

Some scenery expansions:

^ Paris, Japan and Caribbean scenery came on 3.5" floppies. Expansion pack and Hawaii came on optical disc.

More scenery expansions and design software:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,920 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No sign of the greatest flight game ever made... Ace Combat 7🤔

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What is this greatest flight game ever nonsense all about? It is clearly the greatest game ever, flight or otherwise.

Show us your captains hat (we know you have one) 😁

I loved finding my house on it, although it was still under construction (bloody bing maps!). I was showing my little one and she looked out the window trying to spot the plane in the sky, bless 😊

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,996 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm always amazed that flight sim is so popular that is supports a cottage industry of mods to make the scenery much better.

It's no ace combat though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Dublin is mostly warehouses in MS Flight Sim. Which is probably accurate 🤣

I think Google maps/earth has way way better details 'cause they photographed tons of places for street view and they've more 3d models etc etc.

I saw somebody did redid Cork Airport (it's not very far from where I live) and I will buy the upgrade someday. I added it to my wishlist though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭apache

So I noticed €59.99 went out of my account last week for the ps subscription. Thought they would have given me warning but grand. I notice in my statement that three days prior ps took €19.99 from my account. Anybody have an idea what that payment is for? How do you contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,920 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,900 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You should be able to check in your Transaction History on the app or online store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭apache

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭recyclops

I know I should finish ragnarok but I can't stop playing vampire survivors, Now it's on mobile I am even worse. I know when I stick on GoW someone will start talking and il just want to go back to VS

It's like gaming crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Does playing an xBox game on a disc take up less hard drive space than a download or are they both the same?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,996 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Most new games install everything to the hard disc and then usually have massive updates as well. The Disc acts just like a key effectively to allow you to play the game. So they are effectively the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Thank you.

I can get a code for have the price of a disc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Cordell

Long gone are the days when the game on the disc was the actual game you were playing. It's been more than a decade since I bought a disc, and I think the last one I bough was intended to be a gift.

It was always going that way. Internal storage has far outstripped optical discs in terms of size and speed. A game played from Optical disc would hold the game back and you'd have awful load times and streaming issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A few more games added to Netflix’s unheralded (and largely unadvertised by Netflix) mobile game service: one of the best games ever made in Kentucky Route Zero, and one of the worst games ever made in Twelve Minutes.

Holy ****, why aren't they advertising this more. I expected actual mobile games so never check much but these are big additions.

Add Spiritfarer to the impressive list.

It would make sense to advertise these on the TV app on the new ad tier subscriptions. I would rarely use Netflix on an Android/iOs device and always forget they have some pretty decent games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,974 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I wonder if this is one of those scenarios where someone in Netflix is driving the bus on this, but while given the money and latitude to make Netflix Games - has had absolutely zero support from marketing or promotions. One of those "doomed to fail" scenarios cos Netflix won't commit hard enough to the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭quokula

That is certainly a big part of it, but I think there's a bit of an audience mismatch here too. A lot of the games they're bringing in are indie darlings that are popular with hardcore gamers who have most likely already played them on PC or wherever - there's stuff like the aforementioned games, Spiritfarer, Into the Breach, Before Your Eyes, Immortality, Oxenfree etc.

But how many of those really work well as a mobile experience to play with a touch screen while sitting on a bus or whatever? Particularly for your average user who's more accustomed to Candy Crush or Coin Master?

If Netflix got these into the embedded Xbox and Playstation apps then they'd be much more likely to find an audience. Mobile is hard to crack with a subscription service when all the top games are already free anyway and specifically built for mobile (and most users aren't that wise to the kind of tricks free to play games use), even Apple's own Arcade service struggles to make an impact.

Yeah, I like the idea that these great games are on the subscription but I have absolutely no desire to play them on a phone or tablet even when on the go. I'd much rather watch a show or go with something quick and easy like you said candy crush or Marvel Snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭brady12

cant seem find these on mobile app?

• Advertisement

When you pick your profile, there are icons at the very bottom of the app, one is for games, that shows up the list for me. Maybe you need an app update?

Advertisement