Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,387 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I loved TF2 on PS3. The first online game I got properly into. Only bought The Orange Box for Portal and to try Half-Life 2, but it was TF2 that really ended up becoming my main love. Mad that it's still lasted this long for so many people though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That was some great value game The Orange box. I had never played Half Life when I got it and to get a few games of it and then the amazing Portal game too and then also TF2. Amazing value right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

No, games won't look like this any time soon. But it's still a pretty cool demo for UE5 and Quixel. The environments shown apparently only took days to create.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Using this to manage the games I've to finish, never mind my backlog.

https://www.grouvee.com/

Seems quite nice

• Advertisement

Not at all. Just search and add your games. I think maybe you can import from Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm going to play the first Forza Horizon game again on my Xbox 360. A great game on a great console.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Howok

Recently bought 3080, I think this is not a mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That was a good game but they encouraged bad driving like crashing into things to gain points. From 2 onwards you got points for clean driving.

Cyberpunk 2077 sizzle reel created using unreal engine 5

• Registered Users Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I hit a lull after Elden Ring, wasn't enjoying any of the games I had been playing, downloaded old ones, sold Dying Light 2 and Gran Turismo 7 for 90 psn credit and bought a few indies but 1 game managed to yank me out of the slump, Dysmantle. 20 quid on PSN (and I assume other platforms) and it's amazing. GOTY candidate for me along with Elden Ring and Sifu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

I am the same, currently trying to slog my way through horizon forgettable west and I just cant be arsed turning it on. I may pick up dysmantle as its like 3 quid on xbox or it was at least

you can get Dysmantle for around a fiver via Eneba

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

And grey market sites such as that have a long history of screwing over indie developers in particular.

Indie games aren’t expensive - at least wait for a sale when you know the developer is going to get a proper share.

I got it for 16 on psn sale and actually feel i underpaid with the amount of content and enjoyment I'm getting out of it. A lot of Indies on psn are 20, most are shyte but this is a steal at the asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The slump is real. After a great few months I'm in the inbetween phase where I Just can't get "into" anything new.

Played an hour of Elden Ring, I've tried starting cyberpunk 3 separate times, dying light 2 I've played the opening 2 hours. I know All of them should be good but Im too tired these last few weeks to deal with games that need a big investment.

Most likely I'll come back and finish them in a few years and kick myself for waiting so long 😂

I usually play a short indie game as a pallette cleanser between bigger games.

Dying Light 2 was just a bit shyte, not a patch on the first game. If i can ever pry myself away from Dysmantle or when i finish it, I have Virginia and Xcom 2 dlc to try. Have Mafia 1 downloaded for another playthrough with the recent rumours of a prequel. Anyway, new PS Plus out next month and hoping to play some right classic games but not holding my breath for it.

• Advertisement

Managed to get Fenyx Rising for 12 stg on Amazon delivered. Don't know how. CEX have it for that second hand, but I'm not near a CEX shop.

Anyway, looking forward to some BOTW like fun in high res 60 FPS on my XBox SX that I can dip in and out of.

Just need an AAA fix. BOTW2 is out sometime next year, and Starfield likewise, and everything else seems so grim or hard or expensive or on PlayStation. 🙂

I'm a bit worried about Starfield now. Definitely tempering my expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I have just played through Elden Ring and Cyberpunk, and am now deep into Horizon. Think I'll need a shorter non-openworld game as a pallet cleanser. Have Metro Exodus lined up but I think that one has openworld elements so not sure if it will be suitable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I personally recommend AAA games as a palette cleanser between indie and AA games as opposed to vice versa!

There is that cat game that's coming out on PlayStation and Windows. Why not Xbox ? Other games by the publisher are also on XBox and even GamePass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

I was interested in stray and the wife really wants it. Will pick it up but it looks a bit paint by numbers the more I see of it.

Annapurna games are very hit and miss, stray may eventually come out on xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I liked it, it is pretty funny. I did play on switch so maybe it felt more at home there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Cordell

Fenyx Rising is like a ... Breath of fresh air if you allow me :) It's probably the best open world Ubisoft made in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,387 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I really did enjoy the vast majority of Fenyx Rising. It was a lot of fun, the puzzles and challenges were great, and the classic Ubisoftisms didn't bother me too much (even the usual "collect various types of resources to level up different stats, but some resources are shared between multiple upgrades so you need twice as many, or you could just buy some from our shop...")

But, there's a late game area that once I got to, my interest in the game plummeted. One of the worst game design decisions I've encountered in years. At that point it became a real struggle to even finish the game, never mind going for the platinum (which I was intending on doing while I was enjoying the game).

So yeah, its a great game, but expect to be kicked in the nads towards the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Could you tell what the decision is in spoiler tags by any chance? Mad curious as to what it could be.

Advertisement