Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,830 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have to laugh at seeing the 2 people who thanked the Dizzy post. Or is it 1 person with 2 accounts?
    "Mr. Cool ICE" and "Zero-Cool"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I have to laugh at seeing the 2 people who thanked the Dizzy post. Or is it 1 person with 2 accounts?
    "Mr. Cool ICE" and "Zero-Cool"

Great, cover blown, now I gotta create a new ice themed handle.

s8eW6ew.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Great, cover blown, now I gotta create a new ice themed handle.

*ahem*

tenor.gif

gizmo wrote: »
    *ahem*

tenor.gif

Lot cooler than what I was thinking..

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,830 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You talk about a cool Ice themed handle with no mention of Vanilla Ice? What is wrong with you?

• Advertisement

You talk about a cool Ice themed handle with no mention of Vanilla Ice? What is wrong with you?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

giphy.gif

EDIT:

Doh! missed this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I can see a remake of SA at some stage. It would sell like hot cakes and even if it was the exact same just with modern graphics and controls, everyone would be happy. I'd be afraid they'd ruin it with MT's though.

With the rumour that VI will basically be Vice City 2, it may not happen for a while, or if the heads at R* were any good, they could release it as DLC/expansion for VI.

It'd be a huge surprise if they do that. But if they did, I'd be fairly irritated. They have yet to give us a sprawling Las Venturas or San Fierro setting yet - they keep going back to those same locations (Liberty City, 3 games | Vice City, 2 games | San Andreas (to some extent), 2 games). We're heavily led to believe that Vice City will come back a 3rd time for GTA 6 (long-rumoured) and Rockstar North have never done a remake of a previous I.P. before.

They already butchered San Andreas post-launch by giving us a horrible remaster, which was just a port of the mobile version over to consoles. Keep in mind my "experience" with that version was seeing my girlfriend rage-quit after it froze on her multiple times during certain missions - it looked horribly optimised. She has a lot of patience but when it comes to games bugging out in that manner she will cut the game off completely. That's when I know it's not worth bothering with - - I digress.

If I could create my own roadmap of where GTA goes in future, I would like to see GTA 6 go to back to Vice City, with a ludicrous option to travel back to Liberty City, or Los Santos, as some sort of post-launch expansion (how they do it is beyond me, though). If GTA 7 ever exists, I would very much like to see it go somewhere it hasn't gone. If they stick to the US, I wouldn't say no to a Washington DC ripoff, or even a Texas/Mexico setting similar to what they did for Red Dead Redemption, or what Pandemic did with The Saboteur with France/Germany. Have a border of some kind.

If they ever took GTA out of the US, London would be obvious but let's take a page out of Driver's books. That game allowed you to drive in Istanbul, Havana and even the southern coast of France. Tokyo would be marvelous.

This is me just spitballing ideas, but we all know where the next two locations will realistically end up being if they don't branch away from what they've always done, it'll be either Vice City, Las Venturas or San Fierro.

Either way I always get excited to see where they go next, but with regards to San Andreas - in all fairness I think we already got a spiritual successor to that, and it was called GTA V. Unless they expand on that and still give us San Fierro and LV, with the inclusion of GTA V's rendition of LS.

I'm drunk, hence my ridiculously long post. I like being at my computer when I'm like this lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

It'd be a huge surprise if they do that. But if they did, I'd be fairly irritated. They have yet to give us a sprawling Las Venturas or San Fierro setting yet - they keep going back to those same locations (Liberty City, 3 games | Vice City, 2 games | San Andreas (to some extent), 2 games). We're heavily led to believe that Vice City will come back a 3rd time for GTA 6 (long-rumoured) and Rockstar North have never done a remake of a previous I.P. before.

They already butchered San Andreas post-launch by giving us a horrible remaster, which was just a port of the mobile version over to consoles. Keep in mind my "experience" with that version was seeing my girlfriend rage-quit after it froze on her multiple times during certain missions - it looked horribly optimised. She has a lot of patience but when it comes to games bugging out in that manner she will cut the game off completely. That's when I know it's not worth bothering with - - I digress.

If I could create my own roadmap of where GTA goes in future, I would like to see GTA 6 go to back to Vice City, with a ludicrous option to travel back to Liberty City, or Los Santos, as some sort of post-launch expansion (how they do it is beyond me, though). If GTA 7 ever exists, I would very much like to see it go somewhere it hasn't gone. If they stick to the US, I wouldn't say no to a Washington DC ripoff, or even a Texas/Mexico setting similar to what they did for Red Dead Redemption, or what Pandemic did with The Saboteur with France/Germany. Have a border of some kind.

If they ever took GTA out of the US, London would be obvious but let's take a page out of Driver's books. That game allowed you to drive in Istanbul, Havana and even the southern coast of France. Tokyo would be marvelous.

This is me just spitballing ideas, but we all know where the next two locations will realistically end up being if they don't branch away from what they've always done, it'll be either Vice City, Las Venturas or San Fierro.

Either way I always get excited to see where they go next, but with regards to San Andreas - in all fairness I think we already got a spiritual successor to that, and it was called GTA V. Unless they expand on that and still give us San Fierro and LV, with the inclusion of GTA V's rendition of LS.

I'm drunk, hence my ridiculously long post. I like being at my computer when I'm like this lol

They already took GTA to London as an expansion pack back in the 2D days and it wasn't bad but preferred the US based ones myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,131 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I used to think a GTA set somewhere other than America would be great but at this stage I think I'd prefer a Sleeping Dogs sequel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I used to think a GTA set somewhere other than America would be great but at this stage I think I'd prefer a Sleeping Dogs sequel.

GTA:Nidge

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Having it partially set in Mexico or Canada in it might be possible in the future (don't think this will be in 6), but I don't think they'll go outside the US for the main part. Their main market is still the US and the US is far more of a know quaintly worldwide for the GTA style satire, can't imagine what they'd do with any other country.

Chances are they plop Los Santos beside another big landmass for the rest of San Andreas, might be open water now but that east side of los santos is meant to be a river. The PS5/SX update for GTA online is probably going to give whatever their plans are away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Playing The Touryst. Lovely 3D isometric voxel graphics and nice puzzles but the controls are janky for e.g. long jump, targeting and throwing things. Anxiety inducing. Nintendo make this effortless in e.g. Mario 3D World/Land.

I'm wondering is the Touryst a tech test for some upcoming larger game from that developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Benzino wrote: »
    They already took GTA to London as an expansion pack back in the 2D days and it wasn't bad but preferred the US based ones myself.

I found it weirdly difficult to play GTA:London and drive on the right side of the road - instead of the ... right side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Does anyone know if UK Steam wallet credit could be redeemed & converted on an Irish/Euro account?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-eshop-eshop-gift-card-ps25-for-ps20-at-currys-3645792

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

On a whim recently, and after my son encouraged a Star Wars binge, I decided to find my old Star Wars: The Old Republic account and give it a bit of a play.

I hadn't touched the game since it's launch in like 2011 I believe.

But hell, it's not bad at all! Very happily playing the Story mode and it's a bit of your standard Bioware RPG but overall I've been enjoying it.

If you're up for a bit of lightsaber combat, and quite frankly decimating pretty much everything in your path I'd absolutely recommend giving it a play.

Just finished GTA5 main story.

I took the last option in the final mission choice.
    The story is fun, and it's nice to switch between characters.
    Characters are interesting and engaging, but they are stereotypes.
    Gameplay is very simple, mostly go somewhere, shoot, run away, repeat.
    The vehicles all control very well and there is an incredible variety.
    There are some brilliant driving sequences. Some of the missions are epic.
    Technically it's an incredible well constructed and executed game.
    What an incredible life like and beautiful world at times.
    I might finished up some post game stuff and leave it.

I think it's hard to get the balance right between realism and video game.
    You get sucked in, only to be thrown out again. e.g. you can't open a door
    but you can magically carry a load of weapons. Things conveniently change
    to match the story.

Anyway, a good game, and glad to have played it after all this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just finished GTA5 main story.

I took the last option in the final mission choice.
    The story is fun, and it's nice to switch between characters.
    Characters are interesting and engaging, but they are stereotypes.
    Gameplay is very simple, mostly go somewhere, shoot, run away, repeat.
    The vehicles all control very well and there is an incredible variety.
    There are some brilliant driving sequences. Some of the missions are epic.
    Technically it's an incredible well constructed and executed game.
    What an incredible life like and beautiful world at times.
    I might finished up some post game stuff and leave it.

I think it's hard to get the balance right between realism and video game.
    You get sucked in, only to be thrown out again. e.g. you can't open a door
    but you can magically carry a load of weapons. Things conveniently change
    to match the story.

Anyway, a good game, and glad to have played it after all this time!

It's a good game alright. I completed it many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The Third Way, is the only way :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    The Third Way, is the only way :)
    Yep, I guess I did care about them after all !

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,393 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I always felt GTA 4 was a bit rubbish. Car handling was more realistic and less fun and they were so concerned about simulation they never made the game fun. Mission design is really poor as well. I really didn't enjoy it. In a way it's very like that issues with Red Dead Redemption 2 except that games doubled down on it. The DLC at least brought some fun back to GTA. Also won't forget my first time turning on the game and being invited into a lobby with a load of people from boards before the intro had even finished. The night of absolute madness that followed is up there with one of my all time best online game experiences.

GTA 4 was the only one I got bored with.

San Andreas definitely my favourite one.

I actually have San Andreas on PC, can't be arsed doing the story again. Does anyone know if you can like download a 100% save so you can sandbox on it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,827 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

awec wrote: »
    I actually have San Andreas on PC, can't be arsed doing the story again. Does anyone know if you can like download a 100% save so you can sandbox on it?

Should be pretty easy to find save games, I think gamefaqs hosts some.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

awec wrote: »
    GTA 4 was the only one I got bored with.
    You didn't enjoy going on helicopter trips with Brucie then?

• Administrators Posts: 53,393 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Should be pretty easy to find save games, I think gamefaqs hosts some.

Not for the PC port that I can see.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,827 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    You didn't enjoy going on helicopter trips with Brucie then?

I don't get why people love Brucie. He is just a coked up 'roid asshole and I avoid them in real life. the writing for him and humour was way too try hard. Hated him and his missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I don't get why people love Brucie. He is just a coked up 'roid asshole and I avoid them in real life. the writing for him and humour was way too try hard. Hated him and his missions.

Does he get any comeuppance in that game at all? I completely forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Does he get any comeuppance in that game at all? I completely forgot.

He's doing well in 5, and he's makes a decent amount of an appearance in GTA online.

Right, that's enough open world shenanigans for a while. Witcher 3 can wait for that cd project red next gen upgrade. Which they are giving for free! Or maybe I should play it now in case they **** it up :):)

Think Doom Eternal should be downloaded on the Xbox Series XXX (special edition :)) by now. Haven't played doom since 1993 probably !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Witcher 3 can wait for that cd project red next gen upgrade. Which they are giving for free! Or maybe I should play it now in case they **** it up :):)

There is a Witcher 3 next gen update?

Are you sure as there hasn't even being a minor game update for that game in quite some time.

• Advertisement

There is a Witcher 3 next gen update?

Are you sure as there hasn't even being a minor game update for that game in quite some time.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/4/21422690/witcher-3-next-gen-free-upgrade-console-xbox-ps5-pc-ray-tracing

Advertisement